Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Apr 20, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #1,666 of 1,995
I was just looking around the other day and saw a new (to me) version of the Conductor. It was cheaper than the regular Conductor and they called it a "Conductor Streamline" ? I don't even see this on Burson's website. Anybody know what this is? Judging by the specs I'd guess it is basically a Burson SL amp with the regular Conductor dac but you can get it with either the original dac chip or the Sabre chip.

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:04 PM Post #1,668 of 1,995
  The bass/warmth improved noticeably after leaving it on for five hours or so. It was annoyingly lacking in warmth at first on the HD800.

But that seems really odd and I'm wondering if it's my imagination, but then again the manual said it needs to heat up to sound good.

Very odd. Not sure I understand the physics of that.

I still find the HD800 very bright no matter how long the Conductor stays on. =/

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #1,669 of 1,995
  I still find the HD800 very bright no matter how long the Conductor stays on. =/

That's because they are bright. :) What can help is change to copper headphone cables and apply one of the Anax mods. That's unless you want to change your gear to specifically match the HD800s which in case you have other (less bright sounding) headphones will be bad luck for the others.

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:09 PM Post #1,670 of 1,995

That's because they are bright. :) What can help is change to copper headphone cables and apply one of the Anax mods. That's unless you want to change your gear to specifically match the HD800s which in case you have other (less bright sounding) headphones will be bad luck for the others.

Thanks! That's why I got an Audeze headphone. Much better synergy with the Conductor! My HD800 is still collecting dust until I can get a good tube amp for it. 
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 2:28 PM Post #1,671 of 1,995
Thanks! That's why I got an Audeze headphone. Much better synergy with the Conductor! My HD800 is still collecting dust until I can get a good tube amp for it. :p  

If you use the Audezes for an extended period time and then go to the HD 800s they will seem bright no matter what you do. You need to let your ears (and brain) adjust.

I dont find them bright at all right now. Just a bit sibilant. Now I find the Audezes too dark. It's just a matter of getting used to the sound.

Apr 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM Post #1,672 of 1,995
I dont find them bright at all right now. Just a bit sibilant. Now I find the Audezes too dark. It's just a matter of getting used to the sound.

That's because you are going deaf from how loud you're running your dual Plasma setup. 

Apr 20, 2014 at 6:52 PM Post #1,673 of 1,995
That's because you are going deaf from how loud you're running your dual Plasma setup. 

Ain't running them yet but soon :)
Can't believe Dan told you :D

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #1,675 of 1,995

I've learned to appreciate the technical, precise and intellectual version of music created by the Conductor + HD800. Might not sound as fun but it has its own unique and interesting character.

+1, I thoroughly enjoyed the combination of the HD800 and the Conductor in the time I had them before they were stolen from me.

They were definately my go-to pair for analytical listening, though I much preferred the LCD-2's for pure musical enjoyment.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #1,676 of 1,995

I've learned to appreciate the technical, precise and intellectual version of music created by the Conductor + HD800. Might not sound as fun but it has its own unique and interesting character.

The HD800 sounds fun to me especially with the Conductor because the Conductor presents the music in front of your face and brings out a lot of energy. It's just the sibilance ruins the fun sometimes and I have to turn the volume down a little. 
tongue.gif

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:39 PM Post #1,677 of 1,995

+1, I thoroughly enjoyed the combination of the HD800 and the Conductor in the time I had them before they were stolen from me.

They were definately my go-to pair for analytical listening, though I much preferred the LCD-2's for pure musical enjoyment.

Someone broke into your place and stole your HD800 and conductor? wow.

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:49 PM Post #1,678 of 1,995

Someone broke into your place and stole your HD800 and conductor? wow.

No, nothing like that, I just made a trade with a scammer on head fi (my HD-800's and $450 of my money for his LCD-X's) and he got my money and HD-800's and vanished into the night, never to be heard from again.

Apr 20, 2014 at 8:14 PM Post #1,679 of 1,995
No, nothing like that, I just made a trade with a scammer on head fi (my HD-800's and $450 of my money for his LCD-X's) and he got my money and HD-800's and vanished into the night, never to be heard from again.

Sorry to hear. Lots of scumbags on the internet. Even on Ebay, if you sell stuff, they can technically lie and claim you sent them an empty box or something. But at least ebay has feedback.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back