Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Nov 29, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #106 of 1,995
Quote:
It is normal to have the clicking sound when changing bit rates, the relays are changing the bit rates, that is why this occurs.
It works with KS and with proprietary Asio Burson Async driver, I prefer the latter.

Agreed, DarKu.  Now if you get that clicking in the middle of songs then you may have a problem.

Nov 30, 2012 at 12:14 AM Post #108 of 1,995
Quote:

Now you know how WE feel about virtually every other hi-fi component on the planet !   :wink:

I feel you. It happens to me and folks on my country. 

Every audio company should have a regional service center..

Nov 30, 2012 at 5:31 AM Post #109 of 1,995
Glad to see that the Conductor is a great toy. I'm planning on buying the Soloist and using the DAC of the HA-160D then going separate when Burson will release their new DAC.
I can't wait to have it when I'm reading all those reviews.

Thanks !

Nov 30, 2012 at 6:26 PM Post #110 of 1,995
Quote:

I feel you. It happens to me and folks on my country. 

Every audio company should have a regional service center..

Its compounded here by the tyranny of distance, although I expect that there are hurdles in the EU that we don't face here. One pleasant surprise for me was getting a 20% 'discount' on an amp from GB - we dont pay their VAT (or our own GST on purchases under 1000 AUD).  

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:28 AM Post #111 of 1,995
Been listening to the Conductor for about a week now and am very impressed.

Not going to go into imaging or soundstage or other audio descriptors because I don't really have another equal tiered DAC+Amp combination to compare it against and my knowledge is limited but my PS1000s and more so my LCD-3s really do sound amazing.  Using the lowest gain option and the volume knob at halfway for the Grados and 2/3rds of the way to max for the LCD-3s is plenty of volume for either phone.

Still haven't had any popping or clicking issues.

Thanks for the recommendations folks, purchase was well worth it!

Dec 5, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #112 of 1,995
I've had it for about a week now and have gotten one instance of clicking mid-song. 

I haven't actually done an extensive amount of music listening with different headphones, though, so I'm reluctant to say much about it yet.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:04 AM Post #113 of 1,995
Quote:
I've had it for about a week now and have gotten one instance of clicking mid-song. 

I haven't actually done an extensive amount of music listening with different headphones, though, so I'm reluctant to say much about it yet.

Guys, I am curios of something from everybody who had this clicking in the middle of the songs. Are you using the USB input? Did you try the tosslink or coax? Did conductor ever disappear from device manager?

I tried the other inputs and I did not get any clicks/pops or noise. I think there might be a problem with the  usb drivers, or usb receiver. Most probable the drivers are at fault.

Dec 6, 2012 at 8:41 PM Post #115 of 1,995
Per Burson, Tenor is working on providing a 64 bit USB driver.  The current USB driver is 32 bit.

Dec 7, 2012 at 10:29 AM Post #116 of 1,995
Oddly enough my computer was completely unable to boot last night with the Conductor (which it's connected to) already turned on.  Like, it just froze on the BIOS' splash screen for a few minutes but immediately started doing its thing when I turned the Conductor off.  I turned it on right after my desktop loaded and there haven't been any problems since.

Dec 7, 2012 at 11:55 AM Post #117 of 1,995
Tenor 8022 drivers issues seem to come out, again... Hope Burson can pressure Tenor to solve the issue faster. Audio-GD moved on because of that.

I wish the Conductor wasn't based on that chip, it cannot cooperate with the Squeezebox Touch (yet?)...

Dec 8, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #118 of 1,995
I'm certainly hoping the new driver will solve the problems! 
beerchug.gif

Dec 9, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #119 of 1,995
Quote:
Per Burson, Tenor is working on providing a 64 bit USB driver.  The current USB driver is 32 bit.

Quote:
Tenor 8022 drivers issues seem to come out, again... Hope Burson can pressure Tenor to solve the issue faster. Audio-GD moved on because of that.

I wish the Conductor wasn't based on that chip, it cannot cooperate with the Squeezebox Touch (yet?)...

I was equally surprised to see this chip in the Conductor. Kingwa at Audio-GD gave up on Tenor because they couldn't produce a better driver. It took them months to produce simple updates that just didn't work in the end. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back