Burson Conductor - DAC/amp successor to the HA-160D
Jan 15, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #166 of 1,995
Great story dan.gheorghe and very entertaining.  Love the hi-def images! 
bigsmile_face.gif
  I know what you mean with cost of this hobby.  My wallet screams at me all the time and I'm not a young puppy anymore so it has many of scars but oh, what joy it gives to my ears and spirit.  That's really what it's all about after all and that's priceless.

Jan 17, 2013 at 6:36 AM Post #169 of 1,995
Quick question.

Suppose my new motherboard has a SPDIF Coaxial connection and obviously USB.  Which is optimal/recommended to use with the Conductor as far as quality of sound?

I know the Tenor chip supports Asynchronous but is it worth it to bypass that along with the sometimes problematic drivers to get a higher bitrate?

Jan 17, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #170 of 1,995
Quote:
Quick question.

Suppose my new motherboard has a SPDIF Coaxial connection and obviously USB.  Which is optimal/recommended to use with the Conductor as far as quality of sound?

I know the Tenor chip supports Asynchronous but is it worth it to bypass that along with the sometimes problematic drivers to get a higher bitrate?

In your case go for USB.
Why ? Because all PCs have very noisy coax/optical output and USB of your Conductor will sound better. People use coax only if they have a good or very good transport (CD player, Hi-face or any other SPDIF interface).
My PC also has coax and optic output, but both sound horrible connected to any DAC.

My Conductor is getting better and better, i think only now it has been settled down, as music now is very relaxing and dynamic in the same time, very easy to listen and enjoy.

Jan 24, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #172 of 1,995
FYI all conductor owners, Burson has released new drivers for win8:

https://www.facebook.com/BursonAudio/posts/398282320265591

Jan 24, 2013 at 9:56 PM Post #173 of 1,995
Finally!  I've been waiting for this since I got my Conductor. 
beerchug.gif

Jan 24, 2013 at 10:19 PM Post #174 of 1,995
Jan 25, 2013 at 6:05 AM Post #175 of 1,995
I for one, had windows 8 when I received it. I was so happy...but when I plugged it in..I realized it doesn't work in windows 8. I was so excited that I reinstalled win 7 , and actually because I was hasty, I lost some work stuff :)) . I then realized the differences between w7 and w8. I can't wait to install w8 this w/e :D

I have a question for you guys. If you try to watch a movie with conductor as playback device, do you happen to get random artefacts in the sound? 

Jan 25, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #177 of 1,995
Quote:
I never have.  Maybe you have a really old/bad codec pack?

I tried both VLC and Gom players which have codecs included. It is the same on both.

I will install Windows 8 again this w/e to see if I have any improvements.

Jan 25, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #178 of 1,995
Quote:
I have a question for you guys. If you try to watch a movie with conductor as playback device, do you happen to get random artefacts in the sound? 

I play games and watch movies daily and they sounds great with my LCD-3s
gs1000.gif

Make sure your movie is high quality like a DVD or Bluray as the source.  If it's a bad or low quality rip, the audio can sound like it has some static and/or distortion.

Jan 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM Post #179 of 1,995
Still testing with JPLAY...since it's a VERY low latency player I'm having to adjust JPLAY buffer sampling sizes for the different sampling rates...stay tuned as I'm trying to find the settings that work for my setup.

Jan 26, 2013 at 4:43 PM Post #180 of 1,995
How much you need to turn the knob on yours conductors guys to get the decent (normal listening) volume level with HE-500 and gain on H, playing music through usb?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back