Budget Portable Amp
Feb 23, 2010 at 9:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

xiton

New Head-Fier
Hey all,

Looking for the typical recommendations on a portable amp to be paired with a Clip or Fuze with TF10's.

I'd like to spend under $100. Is the E7 worth waiting for, or should I look at something else?

Thanks!

Feb 23, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #2 of 9
There aren't too many options in the sub $100 market. You can find a used iBasso T3 or T4 in the sale forums, Headroom Total Airhead, cmoy, PA2V2.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rudyzhou2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i dont think TF10 will see much improvement with an amp on fuze

Do you mean that's because they don't really need one since they sound good already?

I can tell a significant difference with either my Fuze or D2 with my E5 amp and Head Direct RE2's so I'd suspect even more of a difference with better IEM's like the TF10's.

Feb 25, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pariah1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you mean that's because they don't really need one since they sound good already?

I can tell a significant difference with either my Fuze or D2 with my E5 amp and Head Direct RE2's so I'd suspect even more of a difference with better IEM's like the TF10's.

i have tried my IPC + T3 with TF10 and RE0 separately and I dont see much difference with the TF10 while I do notice changes with RE0

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:22 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by rudyzhou2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i have tried my IPC + T3 with TF10 and RE0 separately and I dont see much difference with the TF10 while I do notice changes with RE0

Ok, well I've never heard any other IEM besides my RE2's (which I will be replacing soon, although for my on-the-go purposes they are really all I need, but...you know lol). I just figured if I can tell a difference with my RE2's, surely there would be one with something more higher end like the TF10's.

Feb 25, 2010 at 7:46 AM Post #8 of 9
I opted to spend a little extra on the T3, but that only prompted me to buy the D4 - save yourself the pain and get the Lisa III now
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by estreeter /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I opted to spend a little extra on the T3, but that only prompted me to buy the D4 - save yourself the pain and get the Lisa III now
smily_headphones1.gif

Haha yea just save the trouble and get some RSA, Lisa III, or iQube now
smily_headphones1.gif

But seriously I'd say the iBasso T3/T4; I had the T4 and loved how it sounded with my triple.fi 10s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back