BTHRB4U's guide to helping you see how a headphone works and why some are good for gaming and some not.
Feb 19, 2011 at 11:40 PM Post #16 of 30
Na bridges aren't my thing but i will take a dolby digital decoder with optical cable, hi fidelity headset with a microphone for 120 bucks.

dub beatz.  i too am not trying to argue.   I don't think you understand what i'm trying to do here.  This thread is not meant for arguing but to try and help people.  This whole thing started with me being a new guy.  Trying to find answers and getting generally confused by "no i'm right,  no I'm right" comments. I suppose i shouldn't have called it bs.  Sorry.  I have done nothing but try to help guide new people in the right direction.  I am not trying to sell the a40's so i don't think it is a misguided direction.  I was stating what i look for in a headphone and that i am sticking with the a40.  I enjoy what the headphone has to offer and i can't justify any other reason to spend more money on a headphone.  That's me.  Obviously we both hear different because i acheive pinpoint accuracy with my a40's(not lying i have no reason to) and not with the 720s.  Your opinion is the exact opposite.  I think that rules out being misguiding.  It could go both ways.  Had i tried the ad700's i might find them to be not my type.  But i'm not going to because i know that i don't want them.  And that's what i am trying to express.  The fact that peole need to REALLY understand what they are looking for. 
Can we just leave it at that.  I really don't ever want to look at this thread again.  It's already annoying the crap out of me and i should have known better.  I was just trying to help out in a variety of different ways.  A little appreciate would be nice but sometimes people don't know how to get the big picture. 
I guess i'm just a complete idiot. Thanks head-fi.  I'm done with this website.  I know what  headphones i want for music and that's allz i needz. 
d5000's eventually markyld  balance, yulong d100, eventually a pair of d7000's.( d5000's cause of charts and d7000's cause charts  got me like o__O and talk about them is like

atsmile.gif

Feb 19, 2011 at 11:53 PM Post #18 of 30
Having owned the A40s, I can think of a LOT of headphones better than the A40s. Hell, even the KSC75 performs better for gaming than the A40s.

The PC360 blows it out of the water.

A40s. Hollow sound, platinum price.

No way, no how.

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:00 AM Post #20 of 30
As far as headsets go, the market generally has pathetic sounding headsets. So in that specific area, the A40s will win against terrible competition, though once put up against PC360, AX720, MMX300, HPX, the find themselves looking a little underwhelming, especially considering their ridiculous cost.

I'd pay no more than $100 for the A40s. I'm being nice.

Feb 20, 2011 at 12:51 AM Post #27 of 30
LOL, what's wrong with him?

Feb 20, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #30 of 30
In all seriousness, the A40s aren't garbage. They are a decent headset. They are however, ridiculously overrpriced. I'd peg them to be comparable to the AX720, but the problem is that the AX720 comes with the Dolby Headphone decoder box that I actually prefer over the wired Mixamp, all for $130.

The A40s alone cost $200, and $250 with the wired mixamp. So its almost double the price of the AX720 setup. This is why the A40s look bad.

Unless people want the extra features of the wired Mixamp over the AX720 (really just more inputs), I would start off with the AX720 setup, and get a better headphone to use with it. You still get a free headset, really considering the Mixamp alone is $130.

However, I like the Mixamp 5.8 as it has the same SQ, as is a much cleaner setup than the wired version.

A40 just aren't worth it whatsoever.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back