Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Oct 13, 2015 at 10:42 PM Post #4,846 of 6,668
  I've read other reports of sporadic buffering problems when the device is connected to a computer.  My theory is that the computer's file system requests when it scans the device sometimes cause that to happen.  If you're seeing this when the device is unplugged, and with wifi and bluetooth also off, you should contact iRiver support and see about sending it in for repair/replacement.

Here's the number for their customer service line for North America, located in California: (949) 336-4535

Yep I've only experienced it when it's unplugged, usually when using it out on the streets or when commuting. I'm located in Hong Kong and a wild guess would be due to the hot weather + prolonged usage? The device does run pretty warm and maybe the high temperature just pushed it over the edge....I have no idea. Will visit the customer support soon, it hasn't been happening the past few days....

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:45 AM Post #4,847 of 6,668
I'd guess something with tagging or file type, perhaps. I use a Mac, so the weirdnesses of Windows is beyond me.  But if it is not showing, for some reason Windows is not able to see it.  Why not reconvert it to the same file (I do that sometimes, run a FLAC through the same converter I used originally), check your tags at the same time, and see if that clears it up.  Also, try moving the files to the desktop and see if they show up there.   That might clear up whether it's the card, the player, the cable or the PC. 

Yeah, it might have something to do with tagging just like what you guys suggested. I know on the surface the songs checks out fine, since I have the same files on my 100ii saved in my pc and they show up fine. I'll further troubleshoot later. Thanks for all who replied with suggested solutions!

Oct 14, 2015 at 5:41 AM Post #4,848 of 6,668
guys i hear static between songs while i am using akconnect 

does anyone else hear that between songs

Oct 14, 2015 at 9:44 AM Post #4,849 of 6,668
No official app just yet,but there is a very easy workaround using the excellent BubbleUPnp android app,been playing about with it all day and its pretty stable,as long as you have a decent wifi or 3G/4G SIGNAL.

1-open up the app
2-change renderer to AK
3-go into cloud in the library menu and select Tidal
4-enjoy!

dont forget to connect you AK unit to the same stream.

Sorry, I'm not sure I got this.
Please pardon me if the question is really stupid but where is the BubbleUPnp app running, not on the AK unit right?
I'm confused...

Oct 14, 2015 at 11:10 AM Post #4,850 of 6,668
Sorry, I'm not sure I got this.
Please pardon me if the question is really stupid but where is the BubbleUPnp app running, not on the AK unit right?
I'm confused...

Bubble UPNP is running on your mobile/tablet.

Oct 15, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #4,854 of 6,668

Thanks a lot.
Unfortunately I have no android device to use for this.
I hope AK will simply integrate Tidal as an app in the AK120 II software.
It shouldn't be no rocket science. Honestly I don't understand why they didn't do it already.
It would for sure broaden the customers base for their DAPs...

Oct 16, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #4,855 of 6,668
Spotify on Astell and Kern

after a lot of messing about,I eventually got Spotify working on my AK100ii
once again using BubbleUPpn with Audiocast,unfortunately you can only activate Audiocast with a rooted phone.
Xposed framework has be to flashed on your rooted phone(a lot of different versions kicking about).Activate the module for BubbleUPnp and audiocast is activated,play Spotify on the phone and when you change the renderer in BubbleUPnp to your AK,it will stream directly to your DAP.

The Audiophile purists will be mortified!!
beyersmile.png

Oct 16, 2015 at 7:49 PM Post #4,856 of 6,668
These portable are best heard with dynamic recordings.  Dynamic recording a good for recordings are good for comparing with another player.  For me, some hip-hop tracks are pretty dynamic.  
biggrin.gif
  I prefer it only with iems.  Specifically my CIEM which pairs well.  

Not hip-hop, but here's is a good one to test

Oct 17, 2015 at 9:36 PM Post #4,860 of 6,668
  Been using the AK120II since July and it worked fine for a month, then started having random sporadic instances where the music completely disappeared for 2-3 seconds before resuming to normal. Have checked to see that the screen was off and my hand / fingers weren't just continuously touching the software play / pause button on the bottom left. No hardware buttons were operated on as well. Problem is completely unpredictable and difficult to recreate, but seems to occur more often during playback of 256kbps AAC tracks and less with ALAC files. Anyone have had similar experiences?   

As soon as you posted this, my 120ii started doing the same thing.  Very rarely, and seemingly randomly.  If I back up over the part that it blacked out, it plays it just fine the second time.  I can use it for hours without problem, then it will do it 4 or 5 times in a row, within a minute or two.  Restarting (seems) to help.  

Did you get any information about it ? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back