Brand Spanking New A&K AK120II and AK100II
Oct 13, 2015 at 12:08 AM Post #4,831 of 6,668

No more rubber bands! 
gs1000.gif

But I only use this setup for my planars, not really needed for IEMs.

Looks good but definitely not pocketable. I will run it if ever with a 320 ohm VE Zen so it needs to be powerful enough. What amp is that? Is it the same height as the 100ii?

Oct 13, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #4,832 of 6,668

Looks good but definitely not pocketable. I will run it if ever with a 320 ohm VE Zen so it needs to be powerful enough. What amp is that? Is it the same height as the 100ii?

Yep definitely not pocketable, I use this as my portable setup,

but this is for my transportable setup with the X and the Ether:

The amp is an RSA Intruder, still waiting on the balanced RSA to 2.5mm interconnect and the cable adapters for my Ether but I really like this for the house. The amp is not really the same length but they're not too far off each other.

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:39 AM Post #4,833 of 6,668
Been using the AK120II since July and it worked fine for a month, then started having random sporadic instances where the music completely disappeared for 2-3 seconds before resuming to normal. Have checked to see that the screen was off and my hand / fingers weren't just continuously touching the software play / pause button on the bottom left. No hardware buttons were operated on as well. Problem is completely unpredictable and difficult to recreate, but seems to occur more often during playback of 256kbps AAC tracks and less with ALAC files. Anyone have had similar experiences?   

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:14 AM Post #4,834 of 6,668
  Been using the AK120II since July and it worked fine for a month, then started having random sporadic instances where the music completely disappeared for 2-3 seconds before resuming to normal. Have checked to see that the screen was off and my hand / fingers weren't just continuously touching the software play / pause button on the bottom left. No hardware buttons were operated on as well. Problem is completely unpredictable and difficult to recreate, but seems to occur more often during playback of 256kbps AAC tracks and less with ALAC files. Anyone have had similar experiences?   

Do you see this problem with tracks on Internal memory or SD card (or both)?

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:17 AM Post #4,835 of 6,668
Oct 13, 2015 at 7:07 AM Post #4,836 of 6,668
@Bengkia369
@ezekiel77
 Thanks both! I will have to look elsewhere then as I don't plan to take an additional amp. I want a system that is as portable as it can be.

Wanting a DAP that drives 300 Ohm headphones well is simply not realistic. There are s few DAPs that have more power than AK, but when you really get down to it, headphones that size need too much power.

Buy some lower impedance phones and get whatever DAP you like. Or, pick up a secondary amp and use the cans you already own.

You gotta do one or the other, in my opinion.

Oct 13, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #4,838 of 6,668
I also use 3M dual lock on my AK100ii and Cayin C5 combo, but I lay down a layer of 3M blue painter's tape first on both surfaces so if I ever need to remove the dual lock there will be no worry of residue or harm to the equipment.

On 300ohm cans, I suggest using an amp. Even with my 8ohm Pandora Hope VI, there's a noticeable increase in sound quality with the C5.

Oct 13, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #4,839 of 6,668
Any idea why some files (mp3 and flac) is missing when viewed using a pc? But when I use the file browser in the 100ii, the file IS there, and it plays alright. The files are saved in the microsd.

That does not make sense.

Make sure the DAP has booted fully, and the disk scan is complete, BEFORE you plug in the USB cable. Other wise, it might not see your microSD card, only internal storage.

Oct 13, 2015 at 4:02 PM Post #4,840 of 6,668

I've read other reports of sporadic buffering problems when the device is connected to a computer.  My theory is that the computer's file system requests when it scans the device sometimes cause that to happen.  If you're seeing this when the device is unplugged, and with wifi and bluetooth also off, you should contact iRiver support and see about sending it in for repair/replacement.

Here's the number for their customer service line for North America, located in California: (949) 336-4535

Oct 13, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #4,841 of 6,668
Never had a problem with Dual Lock leaving marks.  Anything left could be removed with GooGone easily enough, or a simple buffing with a soft rag.  

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #4,842 of 6,668
That does not make sense.

Make sure the DAP has booted fully, and the disk scan is complete, BEFORE you plug in the USB cable. Other wise, it might not see your microSD card, only internal storage.

I'm puzzled too!! I did several scans on the 100ii and refresh on my pc. I restarted both systems several times. The file is indeed saved, for example I have 10 songs saved in folder A - the song is there when using the file browser on the 100ii. But when I browse using my pc going to the same folder A, I only see 9 songs...totally weird!!!

It makes my tracking a bit more challenging to say the least.

Oct 13, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #4,843 of 6,668
I'm puzzled too!! I did several scans on the 100ii and refresh on my pc. I restarted both systems several times. The file is indeed saved, for example I have 10 songs saved in folder A - the song is there when using the file browser on the 100ii. But when I browse using my pc going to the same folder A, I only see 9 songs...totally weird!!!

It makes my tracking a bit more challenging to say the least.

Was the file hidden under windows environment or does it start with a invalid character for windows?

Oct 13, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #4,845 of 6,668
I'd guess something with tagging or file type, perhaps. I use a Mac, so the weirdnesses of Windows is beyond me.  But if it is not showing, for some reason Windows is not able to see it.  Why not reconvert it to the same file (I do that sometimes, run a FLAC through the same converter I used originally), check your tags at the same time, and see if that clears it up.  Also, try moving the files to the desktop and see if they show up there.   That might clear up whether it's the card, the player, the cable or the PC. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back