Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Jul 28, 2017 at 3:23 AM Post #166 of 678
Okie , tried another test site.
All ok ! Thanks for all replies.

Alright, have fun, by the way have you tested your Z2 as an amp for your source? If it does not work then it means that Zishan did not implement this feature............. (To use Z1 (probably Z2) as an amp, you have to connect your source to the "line out" port of Z1, if your Z1 player is playing music, pause it, then connect your headphone to "phone out" port)...................

Jul 28, 2017 at 3:51 AM Post #167 of 678
Hi everyone,

I just got the Z2 yesterday and love the sound ootb. Currently pairing it with the Monk+ and the KZ Z5.

Was wondering if anyone pair it with other iems instead of earbuds as I prefer iems for the noise isolation.

Jul 28, 2017 at 4:01 AM Post #168 of 678
Hi everyone,

I just got the Z2 yesterday and love the sound ootb. Currently pairing it with the Monk+ and the KZ Z5.

Was wondering if anyone pair it with other iems instead of earbuds as I prefer iems for the noise isolation.

Well I did pair it up with my Shure SE215 and also Etymotic HF5............ in my opinion, the Z1 and Z2 kind of overpowers them so now I am deciding whether to get an impedance adapter so that I can crank the pot higher................. as to answer your question................. sorry, what is yours question?

Jul 28, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #169 of 678
Alright, have fun, by the way have you tested your Z2 as an amp for your source? If it does not work then it means that Zishan did not implement this feature............. (To use Z1 (probably Z2) as an amp, you have to connect your source to the "line out" port of Z1, if your Z1 player is playing music, pause it, then connect your headphone to "phone out" port)...................

Ok don't know if this is what you ask me to try ---

Macbook 3.5mm to LO 3.5mm , headphones to PO = no sound

Macbook usb to Z2 micro usb , headphones to PO = Music

Jul 28, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #170 of 678
Ok don't know if this is what you ask me to try ---

Macbook 3.5mm to LO 3.5mm , headphones to PO = no sound

Macbook usb to Z2 micro usb , headphones to PO = Music

Yes, thank you very much........... it seems like ZIshan Z2 cannot act as an amp........... that is sad as I taught I can "penta-amp" my (Aune M1s> Fiio A1> Fiio E17k> Zishan Z1> Zishan Z2)...........

Jul 28, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #171 of 678
Currently enjoying my z2 in muses02 opamp paired with ty hi z 150s silver plug. Details, sound stage, bass, mids, vocals and highs are present and clear even on very very low volume.
Z2 on muses02 sounds just lil a bit brighter than z1 on muses01.

Tried using z2 on my windows pc and found out that its already updated so no more reverse channel issue. Still just like z1 it is plug n play on windows 7 starter ed using my xiaomi usb cable.

LO port is definitely Line Out only, z2 doesn't have amp function like z1.

Jul 28, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #172 of 678
Currently enjoying my z2 in muses02 opamp paired with ty hi z 150s silver plug. Details, sound stage, bass, mids, vocals and highs are present and clear even on very very low volume.
Z2 on muses02 sounds just lil a bit brighter than z1 on muses01.

Tried using z2 on my windows pc and found out that its already updated so no more reverse channel issue. Still just like z1 it is plug n play on windows 7 starter ed using my xiaomi usb cable.

LO port is definitely Line Out only, z2 doesn't have amp function like z1.

Do you mind posting the link where you got your Muses 02 from?

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #174 of 678
Yes, thank you very much........... it seems like ZIshan Z2 cannot act as an amp........... that is sad as I taught I can "penta-amp" my (Aune M1s> Fiio A1> Fiio E17k> Zishan Z1> Zishan Z2)...........

What was it that you were hoping for with penta-amp? I think cable loss would be more significant audio influence than multiple amp sound signature loss. As for power, you know that only the last amp is doing the power amping and all others are just preamping.

Jul 28, 2017 at 11:16 AM Post #175 of 678
What was it that you were hoping for with penta-amp? I think cable loss would be more significant audio influence than multiple amp sound signature loss. As for power, you know that only the last amp is doing the power amping and all others are just preamping.

Totally agree with what you said there, ha, ha, don't take it seriously, I was just trying to have fun.............. of course I know that it will not sound like what I want since I don't own any "high-end" interconnect cable................. but why not, you only get to live once..................... cheer..................

Jul 28, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #179 of 678
anyone used zishan z2 as DAC on a win 10 pc? I plan to get either z2 or walnut v2s sometime soon, to complement my collection of earbudssss

I do, no problem here, I am using the Z2 with Tidal and Flac with Foobar, you must connect the z2 to an usb port, after instalation ends, go to Tidal or Foobar and look for Output option and choose Zishan Z2, and ready.
Pretty awesome DAC, I'm using with my KZ ZS5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back