Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Jul 28, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #181 of 678
Yo @Ver JJ , since you have both z1 and z2, can you give feedback on the sound quality of both as a player only? I have a z1 but I seem to be not convince in buying a z2 unless it is a big improvement of sound quality. thanks

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #182 of 678
Hello everyone, everything good?
I would like to know if someone has a link of a cable the same or similar to the micro usb cable for micro usb of this photo. I would appreciate it if anyone can post some purchase link on aliexpress. thank you so much.

Attachments

• S70713-180131.jpg
    S70713-180131.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jul 28, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #184 of 678
Yo @Ver JJ , since you have both z1 and z2, can you give feedback on the sound quality of both as a player only? I have a z1 but I seem to be not convince in buying a z2 unless it is a big improvement of sound quality. thanks

Hmm first impression is that Z1 sounds a little brighter but not harsh and Z2 sounds a little smoother and tad bit towards warmth, just a tad bit............. my apology if I cannot get the review done by next week as now my academy kept on giving me tests............... also my ears are not as sharp as usual (maybe due to stress) and my Zishan family are burning in too................. but I will try my best.................

Jul 29, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #188 of 678
I followed the instruction on page 1 to do the firmware update (not sure if necessary), and found the left right channels are reversed, what went wrong? Before the update I never connected it to the pc as DAC, so I'm not sure whether the channels were alright or not.

Jul 29, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #190 of 678
I followed the instruction on page 1 to do the firmware update (not sure if necessary), and found the left right channels are reversed, what went wrong? Before the update I never connected it to the pc as DAC, so I'm not sure whether the channels were alright or not.

Are you sure you made the update in right way? One mistake is use the zip file instead the bin file in the micro sd card

Jul 29, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #192 of 678
Last edited:
Jul 29, 2017 at 10:51 PM Post #195 of 678
Thanks friend, very nice review, simple but useful, no bullshiet. I like it

Thank you very much for appreciating it.

Thanks for writing the review, very interesting.
Did you get to try DSD files, such as 11.5 Mhz?

Will quote you again once I restart my laptop and have it updated as what I am allowed to do right now is just to reply to your message and I can't download any DSD 256 test track online (because my laptop firmware is outdated)............... but rest assure as Z1 can play back DSD64 and Z2 can play back DSD128 track properly..............

@Ver JJ , nice review, btw which is thicker in sound and has the fullness z1 or z2?

Hmm, about the fullness, what I meant was the bass punch/kick from the track "By Your Side" sounds fuller on both Z1 and Z2, unlike Aune M1s which sounds a little hollow when the bass kicks in. I think this is due to the lower mids section of both Z1 and Z2 being a little recessed compared to Aune M1s, in other words, the lower end spectrum sounds more solid on both Z1 and Z2 compared to Aune M1s which is more airy.

If you are asking whether Z2 or Z1 is more solid at lower end spectrum................ my apology that I cannot answer this question as they sound quite similar to my ears, maybe a longer auditioning time is required but I will suggest asking others head-fiers out there about their opinion if you are in hurry as I am feeling a little drained out right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back