Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Jul 27, 2017 at 3:04 PM Post #151 of 678
About the pop sound in z1 i usually use this trick. Switch on and let playback begin without attaching the earbud.. After that attach earbud. Its all good. Again detach earbud before shut off.

How about z2? Same trick works?

BTW happy to report that my z1 working good now. I guess the inconsistencies cause by component being burn in. PO sound good. LO to amp even better.

I appreciate the info. I really wanted to understand this behavior versus solving a problem. It doesn't bother me in the acoustic sense, but more in a theoretical sense.

Jul 27, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #152 of 678
does z2 has warm and smooth sound or and bright and cold.

Jul 27, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #153 of 678
All amps has turn on and off pop. It is power quickly flowing to, and slowly flowing from the amp section. Most amps just have a relay, resistance or muting circuit to alleviate this problem. Z1 and Z2 most likely does not. Easiest fix is to turn on and off without headphones plugged in.

Jul 27, 2017 at 11:37 PM Post #156 of 678
New player just been released. As you can see this is a improved model over the previous.
New Zishan Z2 with AK 4490 chip DAC.
Z2 Vs Z1:

1. DAC upgrade to AK4490, AK38O is also using the DAC.
2. DSD playback up to DSD64 \ 128 \ 256 .
3. Upgrade to an independent OP275 LPF circuit
4. Upgrade the op amp power supply system plus or minus 13V, a total of 26V power supply.
5. Upgrade the amp amp as LM4562NA.

Max Support :256GB Micro SD.

Firmware Update :
https://pan.baidu.com/s/1eSszdHw#list/path=/ZiShan Player 固件/Z2&parentPath=/ZiShan Player 固件

Mirror:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9fNdT9kI077cUtkOWRtTDBicmM/view?usp=drivesdk

How to update your Zishan Z2 firmware:

Unzip the file in the root folder of the micro sd card. Turn the Z2 on, and the firmware will start automatically.

Listen to the left right test on this website using the Z2 as a DAC. If left is left and right is right, then it's up to date: http://www.audiocheck.net/audiotests_index.php

Hello friends, how are you?
My sound card from my laptop does not work anymore.
I am thinking of buying the Zishan Z2 to use as DAC / AMP in my notebook. It's possible? Will it work normal, just connect to the USB port? Thank you

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #157 of 678
Hello friends, how are you?
My sound card from my laptop does not work anymore.
I am thinking of buying the Zishan Z2 to use as DAC / AMP in my notebook. It's possible? Will it work normal, just connect to the USB port? Thank you

Z2 and also Z1 works well as DAC for my mac, no "pop" sound but there is a slight delay..................... I don't have windows platform so I can confirm that it will work on it..................... Make sure the USB cable that you use is able to transmit data for the DAC function to work................

Jul 28, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #161 of 678
Hmm......... I did not use that cable for DAC function but I can assure you that the cable given is good enough when you want to charge your device but if you prefer a longer cable.................

just received 3 sets of Zishan Z2 yesterday, how do i plug into a Macbook as a Dac ? (want to check left right channel)

ie : i plug micro usb from Z2 to any usb port , it only charges the z2 , no sound came out .

what im i doing wrongly ?

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:06 AM Post #162 of 678
What cable did you use for the DAC function?

Erm............. the usual USB cable.......... what I said was that if you followed the procedure and your laotop does not recognise it, there might be a chance that your usb cable cannot transmmit data..............

just received 3 sets of Zishan Z2 yesterday, how do i plug into a Macbook as a Dac ? (want to check left right channel)

ie : i plug micro usb from Z2 to any usb port , it only charges the z2 , no sound came out .

what im i doing wrongly ?

Erm.............. connect the micro usb into your Z2, connect usb to macbook, switch on Z2, the light should be like "blink, blink, empty, blink, blink, stop.......", as for macbook to recognise this device, go to sound setting in system peference and change audio output to Z2............. whala done............

Jul 28, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #164 of 678
Ok got it, will try again.

Meantime i hook it to my phone to try.
Left is left , right is right ,
centre can only hear "all channel" on my left side. ???

Why ah ?

Had you tried to playback that "sound channel" track without using Z2 as DAC instead just plug you earphone straight into your phone.......... it might be file problem............. maybe, correct me if I am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back