Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Jul 30, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #197 of 678
Thanks for writing the review, very interesting.
Did you get to try DSD files, such as 11.5 Mhz?

Alright, I had tried out DSD256 / 11.5Mhz form test bench file (Link: http://www.2l.no/hires/ ), put it into a SanDisk 2Gb micro sd card (can you even find this today..........anyways) and insert it into Z2............... well it played back flawlessly until the song ends...............and............... there will be a loud.......... loud........... hiss that last for around 0.4 to 0.5 seconds (my way of judging time is quite inaccurate so just use it as a reference of how long this annoying hiss last) which scale based on how high you set your volume pot............ so please lower down the volume, in fact just turn it all the way down if you don't want your ears to scattered to pieces........ this issue/bug also happen on some of my DSD128 track too so yeah............... chill...........

Jul 30, 2017 at 3:50 PM Post #198 of 678
There seems already to be 2 versions of z2, one with 1000uF 16V cap (standing up) and one with 1000uF 25V (lying down). I have the first, I think I ordered the day after they came for sale on Ali (from "the banned seller"). Which version do you have?
IMG_0686.jpg

Jul 30, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #199 of 678
There seems already to be 2 versions of z2, one with 1000uF 16V cap (standing up) and one with 1000uF 25V (lying down). I have the first, I think I ordered the day after they came for sale on Ali (from "the banned seller"). Which version do you have?
IMG_0686.jpg
hooo so you got 16v? which is as much as Z1 right? weird...

Jul 31, 2017 at 4:10 AM Post #202 of 678
hooo so you got 16v? which is as much as Z1 right? weird...
@knudsen , which one is the newer version? thanks
I know nothing more than at least one person have gotten 25V... on the "sister" forum.

With my limited understanding there should be no benefit to using 25V if the actual voltage is lower than 16. If it had a higher capacitance (for example 2000uF) there could be an effect, but again only if 1000 is not enough (assuming all other specs equal).

Also changing this big cap to a better quality one seems to have no effect on the sound (again from the other forum), it is not in the signal path and I haven't found anyone who could tell why it is there at all.

My fear was that the creators found a problem with the 16V so upped to 25. But I think it is unlikely. I think its just a logistics thing that they put 25 in some, they had them lying around or something.

But I am open to other thoughts:)

Jul 31, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #203 of 678
I know nothing more than at least one person have gotten 25V... on the "sister" forum.

With my limited understanding there should be no benefit to using 25V if the actual voltage is lower than 16. If it had a higher capacitance (for example 2000uF) there could be an effect, but again only if 1000 is not enough (assuming all other specs equal).

Also changing this big cap to a better quality one seems to have no effect on the sound (again from the other forum), it is not in the signal path and I haven't found anyone who could tell why it is there at all.

My fear was that the creators found a problem with the 16V so upped to 25. But I think it is unlikely. I think its just a logistics thing that they put 25 in some, they had them lying around or something.

But I am open to other thoughts:)

my guess is, that cap in question is the power supply cap, thus why it is not in the signal path, and it should not affect sound.

as to my logical guess to the usage of both 16V and 25V for this cap, probably due to cost? maybe the contract manufacturer came across a batch of 25Vs that's cheaper than buying the same quantity of 16V

what I am really curious about is, has anyone measured the output impedance of the Z2 yet?

ans also, is there a picture of the back side of the PCB?

Aug 1, 2017 at 3:26 AM Post #204 of 678
my guess is, that cap in question is the power supply cap, thus why it is not in the signal path, and it should not affect sound.

as to my logical guess to the usage of both 16V and 25V for this cap, probably due to cost? maybe the contract manufacturer came across a batch of 25Vs that's cheaper than buying the same quantity of 16V

what I am really curious about is, has anyone measured the output impedance of the Z2 yet?

ans also, is there a picture of the back side of the PCB?
There is still a 100 ohm resistor at the output

Aug 1, 2017 at 9:05 AM Post #205 of 678
Last edited:
Aug 1, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #210 of 678
Anyone Z2 still cant update? I tried all method except for using a small capacity mSD. Is it a must?

I transfer the .bin file to the SD card, insert back to Z2, power on it but the status light is stable thou and no blinking at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back