Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Aug 3, 2017 at 5:51 AM Post #227 of 678
Hello @Ver JJ , I would be glad to get a feedback from you regarding how Z1 performs as an amp and how Z2 performs as a source LO connected to your Fiio E17k amp...thanks

Haizz, not trying to compalin but I guess this is what I have to do as a head-fier huh (hopefully it would not take long before I reply you regardig its sound)........ anyways an idiot China company contacted me regarding my Zishan review and wanted to send me a cheap earbud for review........... at first they were going to send me a 25 usd unit whch I will have to pay the reviewer price.......... I declined respecfuly and then they decided to maybe (maybe.....) send me a freaking 15 usd earbud that no one know about.......... who is going to read a review of a earbud that cost that low and is not famous at all (unlike VeMonk)!!!............ I don't know anymore, what are you opinion, my mind is open for rage and also kind answer right now?...........

Aug 3, 2017 at 8:40 PM Post #228 of 678
Haizz, not trying to compalin but I guess this is what I have to do as a head-fier huh (hopefully it would not take long before I reply you regardig its sound)........ anyways an idiot China company contacted me regarding my Zishan review and wanted to send me a cheap earbud for review........... at first they were going to send me a 25 usd unit whch I will have to pay the reviewer price.......... I declined respecfuly and then they decided to maybe (maybe.....) send me a freaking 15 usd earbud that no one know about.......... who is going to read a review of a earbud that cost that low and is not famous at all (unlike VeMonk)!!!............ I don't know anymore, what are you opinion, my mind is open for rage and also kind answer right now?...........
Tell the company to send it free then you do the review.

Aug 4, 2017 at 7:09 AM Post #229 of 678
I was excited to get the Zishan Z2 yesterday. This morning upon getting to work, I plugged it into my Windows 7 PC to use as a DAC. Initially, I saw the driver installing as "Zishan Z2." Then I got an error message saying it was unplugged (it wasn't), and couldn't get the PC to recognize it again even after several restarts. The player just keeps blinking and will not register as anything but "USB Device." Thoughts? (Forgive me if this is an ignorant question.)

Aug 4, 2017 at 7:13 AM Post #230 of 678
Just got my zishan z2, tested it out with some Stevie Ray Vaughan's songs. (with etymotic research er4sr) All i can say is damn.... wow. Such a cheap player yet sounds so good! :D

Aug 4, 2017 at 10:45 AM Post #231 of 678
Try off and on? Might help? I do that witg my z1 on window10

I was excited to get the Zishan Z2 yesterday. This morning upon getting to work, I plugged it into my Windows 7 PC to use as a DAC. Initially, I saw the driver installing as "Zishan Z2." Then I got an error message saying it was unplugged (it wasn't), and couldn't get the PC to recognize it again even after several restarts. The player just keeps blinking and will not register as anything but "USB Device." Thoughts? (Forgive me if this is an ignorant question.)

Aug 4, 2017 at 12:21 PM Post #233 of 678
Size of the Zishan Z2 compared to the Tera Player. Tera is a little bit thinner and wider.
20170804_171538.jpg
20170804_171645.jpg

Aug 5, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #236 of 678
It seems I cannot get either a WIndows 7 PC nor Macbook Pro running current version of OS to recognize my ZIshan 2. I wonder if I simply received a dud. Device turns on then a a constantly blinking light in status no matter what when plugged in. It IS fully charged. I believe I've tried everything.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #239 of 678
^In Z1 I have to connect the usb cable first and only after that I can turn Z1 on.
Then in windows 10 I can find a new playback device called zishan.
I don't have Z2, but Z1 only supported USB DAC mode is: 16bits 48Khz.

Aug 6, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #240 of 678
^In Z1 I have to connect the usb cable first and only after that I can turn Z1 on.
Then in windows 10 I can find a new playback device called zishan.
I don't have Z2, but Z1 only supported USB DAC mode is: 16bits 48Khz.
I believe I tried that but am not quite positive, so I will attempt it (again); it can't hurt. Thank you for responding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back