Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Jul 10, 2017 at 4:53 AM Post #32 of 678
Z1 is stuck at 16/48 for USB DAC function. It cannot read anything higher natively.
I suspect the usb controller is basic thus cannot use native resolution supposedly supported. Not really critical for the price but a bit letdown. Also the news of z1 sucking battery in Android OTG is not good.

Jul 10, 2017 at 7:04 AM Post #33 of 678
Z1 is stuck at 16/48 for USB DAC function. It cannot read anything higher natively.
this was a big let down, after buying Z1 for DAC use and finding that it can only process 16/48 as DAC. There is actually no mention of this anywhere. I guess very few ppl are interested in using Z1 as a pure DAC, coz when I asked if anyone had been able to get Hi-res signal processed by Z1, I got Zero response in the Z1 thread. Seems like everyone is happy with otg/ android resampling at 16/48 and no one cares about bit-perfect processing. oh well.... hope that Z2 will have better implementation of the DAC functionality and hi-res usb capability.

Jul 10, 2017 at 9:25 AM Post #34 of 678
this was a big let down, after buying Z1 for DAC use and finding that it can only process 16/48 as DAC. There is actually no mention of this anywhere. I guess very few ppl are interested in using Z1 as a pure DAC, coz when I asked if anyone had been able to get Hi-res signal processed by Z1, I got Zero response in the Z1 thread. Seems like everyone is happy with otg/ android resampling at 16/48 and no one cares about bit-perfect processing. oh well.... hope that Z2 will have better implementation of the DAC functionality and hi-res usb capability.
z2 don't have a screen, so i will buy this to replace a DAC. i hope z2 will be better than z1.

Jul 10, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #35 of 678
I don't really care much since its a budget solution and my phone are mostly spotify anyway. But with akm, z2 better do justice to the dac or it'll be a whole lot of waste of great potential. But that's why they make Zishan Dsd.

Can't wait for impression in 2 weeks. And if the maker could be here in head fi that would be awesome.

Jul 10, 2017 at 11:24 AM Post #36 of 678
I don't really care much since its a budget solution and my phone are mostly spotify anyway. But with akm, z2 better do justice to the dac or it'll be a whole lot of waste of great potential. But that's why they make Zishan Dsd.

Can't wait for impression in 2 weeks. And if the maker could be here in head fi that would be awesome.

I will still have to wait for roughly 2 to 3 weeks..... can't wait for it, hopefully the Taobao agent is efficient this time around too.

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:31 AM Post #38 of 678
Del

Attachments

• S70713-180131.jpg
    S70713-180131.jpg
    519.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back