Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Jul 14, 2017 at 4:15 AM Post #49 of 678
LOL same here.but the z1 is a small wonder! I might try z2 as well if the price to ratio is also like z1!!!

How much is the cheapest z2 on aliexpress right now?

About £30.

I may sit this one out and save for a Shanling M2 whilst they are still available.

£150 for one of those with the case and card and stuff seems very very good value.

Jul 14, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #51 of 678
Try the Z1, and you won't think the same :wink:
I've got the Z1! And it's fab. The 'problem' is that I tend to carry my library around with me and navigation is tricky on the Z1.

I have a cheap Android phone that I can use as a source for streaming services, but the Z1 doesn't consistently spot it when I hook it up to act as a DAC.

Jul 14, 2017 at 12:22 PM Post #52 of 678
Where do you sell your players, I want to sell my Aune M1s for Fiio X5 3rd gen though......
not that I will sell my Z1 but if I were my friends already offered himself.

I'm still impressed with z1 for the sheer value itself. Although i don't think it drive my 320 ohms properly and not to mention 100 ohm output impedance. I found that stacking it to my O2 amp via LO produce way better results. Tighter bass, Less bloat, more refined and of course headroom.

Hopefully z2 will have more headroom power and lower impedance. Already there's favorable impression on FB.

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:53 AM Post #54 of 678
Umm. Just search "earbud anonymous" group on fb. On that group you will find owners impression

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:42 PM Post #55 of 678
He replied me: It means that you cannot use the LO port only with your headphone. You are forced to use an amplifier if you want to use the LO port (It looks like in the Z1 you could use both ports with your headphone)

Please forgive the ignorant question: Does the above notice mean I can ONLY use this as a DAP and not as DAC or amp for a laptop?

Jul 16, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #56 of 678
Please forgive the ignorant question: Does the above notice mean I can ONLY use this as a DAP and not as DAC or amp for a laptop?

I don't think so- I think it means the LO output is too low to use with headphones.

The Z2 should be able to be used as a DAC/amp, as the Z1 could.

Also- I've never used the LO port with phones on my Z1. Is that output also controlled by the pot?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back