Brand new - Zishan Z2 DSD Player- AK 4490 - Link to order, Firmware update. page 1
Jul 7, 2017 at 3:21 PM Post #16 of 678
I am looking at the block diagrams of both original Zishan DSD and Zishan Z2

Zishan DSD
DSD block.jpg

Zishan Z2
Z2 block.jpg

and I noticed that these two siblings has swapped opamps at their LFP and AMP stage (op275 at AMP section for Zishan DSD and op275 at LPF for Z2, and LM4562 = LME49720)

could someone with more technical knowledge chime in on how having these opamp swapped at LPF/AMP section would possibly affect sound (while design and optimization aside of course)?

I know swapping opamp at LPF stage does not affect sound too much, but I still got a LME49860 in my Zishan DSD for kicks, haha.

Jul 7, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #18 of 678
@YamiKeiren walnut v3 or Zishan z2. That is the question. Nobody knows yet. Buy both and tell us :):):):)

For discount, you must do the usual buy now, other payment method, cancel. Wait and message seller you are FB friend. He will do price adjustment. Then you can see your order in the list with"pay now" and the price updated at the bottom in red.

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2017 at 5:55 AM Post #21 of 678
He replied me: It means that you cannot use the LO port only with your headphone. You are forced to use an amplifier if you want to use the LO port (It looks like in the Z1 you could use both ports with your headphone)

Jul 8, 2017 at 6:16 AM Post #22 of 678
Does this mean that unlike with the Z1, LO can't be used as Line In anymore?

Jul 9, 2017 at 12:46 AM Post #27 of 678
Aww, that is sad, I was planing to stack both Z1 and Z2 up..... and use any one of them as source and another as amp.
You want to use z2 as the dap due to better DAC and then no need to use z1 as the amp because z2 has better amp section

Jul 9, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #28 of 678
You want to use z2 as the dap due to better DAC and then no need to use z1 as the amp because z2 has better amp section

Thanks for the info, but well you know I just want to try out new configuration for my audio device by rubber banding them together or connecting them in different configuration (sometime double amping the source), since you will sometime get some really impressive result...... maybe..... try it out.

Jul 9, 2017 at 1:57 AM Post #29 of 678
From the diagram above can anyone understand / locate the usb controller? Maybe this time it can be proper dac with full capability of akm?

Jul 9, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #30 of 678
From the diagram above can anyone understand / locate the usb controller? Maybe this time it can be proper dac with full capability of akm?
What was lacking in the Original DSD or Z1 USB DAC function?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back