Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 6, 2016 at 3:03 PM Post #3,212 of 4,426
I'll know in a month... I'm fairly certain I will prefer the Ref 1 Too.

i will have to prevent my finger from betraying me for a month then

May 7, 2016 at 1:06 AM Post #3,214 of 4,426
Lol. Sit tight brother. A month or so. You might like the P5 better from what I'm reading.

yes thats why I want to get your stamp of recommendation which to choose

May 7, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #3,216 of 4,426
I tried to take some shots tonight of my Ref.1 on black gloss boards similar to what Gavin had done with Plus5 but it was a failure shoot sadly. I gave up after a while, trashed all the photos and threw my hands in the air..

So, I'm doing what Ref.1 do best, listening to them play music instead.

May 7, 2016 at 10:08 AM Post #3,217 of 4,426
Yeah..

Makes me think the photos ended up good value for the money.

They actually cost quite a lot as the photographer is a top pro here...photographer for lots of high end products and new build apartment brochures....

May 7, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #3,218 of 4,426
Yeah..

Makes me think the photos ended up good value for the money.

They actually cost quite a lot as the photographer is a top pro here...photographer for lots of high end products and new build apartment brochures....

Although nowhere the quality level of your Plus5 shots, I have been able to do it with other earphones.

But it had been a long time since I did this style and forgot all the manual settings. And the real killer was the black shells then setting them up without removing the cable which I didn't want to do. Maybe I'll  have another go one day.

Much easier just listening to music for now....

May 7, 2016 at 12:05 PM Post #3,219 of 4,426
Congrats bro!! Please share some comparisons when you have time.
Lol. Good times.
I needed up watching a drama flick. Tonight will be action, no matter what.

Thanks @warrior1975

Had a listen of the Ref.1 Too after let it burn-in for about a day, I am using silver-gold balance on high gain off cu/cu amp with JVC tip.

To my ears, when compared with P5, immediate difference is the presentation. Ref.1 Too lines up the performer in front of you. Its like you are sitting on the first row,listening to the performance on stage, whereas P5 I feel like I am sitting in the center and the performer surround you.

Ref.1 Too bass punch is not so deep and has a slight slower in decay, whereas P5 is quick and deep.

However, when I switch to ortofon tip, I feel the performer comes a bit nearer. And the bass become boomy

May 7, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #3,224 of 4,426
Doesn't anyone around here sleep? :wink: Just got off a session of listening with the Plus5. Starting with Prince and ending with Stefanie Sun. Earlier this morning it was 2.2. In the afternoon, it was the Ref1 Too. Man! It's been a blessed day indeed! :hugging:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back