Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Mar 28, 2014 at 5:26 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4,426

flymetothemoon

Headphoneus Supremus
Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too is out! Please share your impressions here.

For BRAND NEW ...Tralucent Audio Plus 5, please check it out at...
http://www.head-fi.org/t/798088/new-tralucent-audio-plus5-ba-iem

May I start this thread for the upcoming Ref 1.

Specs released by Gavin...

- We are using an Isobaric/k dynamic driver. Which is two dynamic drivers sealed moving in tandem in the same direction (we purchased every unit available)

- TWFK BA drivers

- Filter less system

- Proprietary silver/gold internal wiring especially developed for the Ref. 1

- Smaller Shell

- MMCX connectors

- 26.8 Ohm

Initial impression from fellow Headfier CosmicHolyGhost... 

After a long day of work yesterday, I met with Gavin to return his LCD3 which I did not like at all after one week of loan.  I was not in the mood for music after a tiring day at work, but to my surprise, Gavin pulled out his new IEMs. As soon as the music started playing from Tera player, the massive (in relative iem term) sound stage and impeccable bass that quickly drew my attention. It is possibility the best bass I heard from an iem. I then switched to my familiar source HM-901 (mini-box card) and confirmed that I got the same aural sensation.  Afterward, I switched to AK-120s to Mass Kobo 385 to listen to some Blue Coast DSD and Michael Jackson’s Thriller. The spacious, refined and detailed presentation really sold me completely. I then listened to some violin concertos to check if I could get the timbre of my favourite musical instrument. All checked. It looks like I have something I wish to upgrade for my portable setup.

I also got to meet with two other local head-fi enthusiasts  who were equally impressed with this new iem... As I was going home, I went into a headphone shop to see if I can get a sweet cash deal for a pair of TH900 to run them off my Leben CS-300SX… and I did… I briefly listened to some ECM recordings before bed and the bass from the TH900 was in fact less mesmerizing than what I heard from Gavin’s iems……?? I need more time to confirm over the weekend…

From fellow Headfier Holeout...

The Reference One is a definite improvement over the 1+2 in terms with timbre and resolution with new drivers configuration. Regarding the bass improvement, it's not the quantity but the quality which to me sounded more refined - better definition, control and extension, all the way from mid bass to the lower octaves. I think Gavin is still doing some minor refinements on them before mass production. Btw, Reference One is a bit smaller than the 1+ 2 and sits in my ears much better.

...Tried multiple sources with them - AK240 / AK120S + ASP T-05 / MBA + Chord Hugo, scales up really well. Sound stage and resolution is most impressive with the MBA / Hugo IMO, and this is with standard silver/gold cable while the iems are not quite ran in yet. Can't wait to audition it with the Uber cable after running in. I think Gavin is officially naming it the "Reference One". Rekindled my interest in iems after listening to them

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #2 of 4,426
Is there any indication yet of pricing ? 

Mar 30, 2014 at 11:46 AM Post #3 of 4,426
Isobaric is a great way to get a lower resonance point and higher damping factor at the same time. The associated resonance and cancellation issues that need work a rounds with running an isobaric setup over a wide range in speaker systems are negated by the small size and proximity of the IEM size drivers used (out of band, >20khz). Should be great if done well and I trust Gavin's voicing.

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:19 PM Post #4 of 4,426
  Is there any indication yet of pricing ? 

I'm eager to know too and will share here when any news break on pricing.

Cheers

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:26 PM Post #5 of 4,426
  Isobaric is a great way to get a lower resonance point and higher damping factor at the same time. The associated resonance and cancellation issues that need work a rounds with running an isobaric setup over a wide range in speaker systems are negated by the small size and proximity of the IEM size drivers used (out of band, >20khz). Should be great if done well and I trust Gavin's voicing.

It sounds sophisticated to me and I have faith in Tralucent and had put through my order for the new Ref. 1 already.  

Mar 30, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #7 of 4,426

Oh wow, we can pre-order already? How much is it?

I have no idea on how much but definitely would like to get one and thus put thru my order to Gavin.  Of course you may do the same without knowing the price though.

Mar 31, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #8 of 4,426
:popcorn:
physical size/nozzle size and shape, wind noise? pics :D ?
availability of different faceplates, customs as well shell build quality?
release date, build times?

price ofc. (speculatively 1300-2000 :D? because :
Tralucent can, you pay for the sound, no compromise, probably co-bundle start deal for cables and amps. or not, etc

very intrigued by 2dd + 2ba and smaller size bit.

name is a bit... considering there's an iem called 'reference titanium one' (people who were around for a while would be amused by what company ref titanium 1 is from :D. I sense the other company may have been trolling )

Initial impression from fellow Headfier CosmicHolyGhost...

.....the massive (in relative iem term) sound stage and impeccable bass that quickly drew my attention. It is possibility the best bass I heard from an iem...I then listened to some violin concertos to check if I could get the timbre of my favourite musical instrument....

From fellow Headfier Holeout...

The Reference One is a definite improvement over the 1+2 in terms with timbre and resolution with new drivers configuration. Regarding the bass improvement, it's not the quantity but the quality which to me sounded more refined - better definition, control and extension, all the way from mid bass to the lower octaves. I think Gavin is still doing some minor refinements on them before mass production. Btw, Reference One is a bit smaller than the 1+ 2 and sits in my ears much better.

:ksc75smile: where do we sign up :D?
will the australian dealer if it's still around have a demo unit for loan for a large deposit and if so when? (or Gavin)

Mar 31, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #10 of 4,426
Wow new ref 1 upcoming from Tralucent Audio

Congrats Gavin for your new iems

How is about 1+2 is still on production , or you replace with Ref 1

Now high end iem has more ref series , after Fit Ear came out with MH 345 DW Studio Reference

But Fit Ear MH 335 DW now is only for Japan , for international will announce soon

If you have MH 335 DW you can upgrade to MH 335 DW Studio Reference with top up price ca 600 USD

I have head the demo unit at Mook Show , SQ is incredible , more clarity , more weight , 3 D presentation

I love it so much .

I heard from Cosmicghosthero that Ref 1 sound quality excellent too

I wish one day I can try the new Ref 1 :D

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:14 AM Post #11 of 4,426
ps any indication what these will sound like out of pedestrian low output impedance measures well sources? (clip+, c3, etc, maybe note3)
MMCX cable sounds encouraging as well I liked it with angled plugs on a few other iems.

The Ref.1 has not be launched yet and only one prototype has been produced as far as I know (impressions from those lucky fews were listed above).  Launch date will be somewhere in May this year.

You may contact Gavin at his email (PM you) should you want to sign up.

Mar 31, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #13 of 4,426
thanks did exchange PMs with him,
mostly a stay tuned type response/building suspense as it's finalized . staying tuned
smily_headphones1.gif

> Launch date will be somewhere in May this year.
edit : oh you got an indicative release date.

>should you want to sign up.

for
smily_headphones1.gif
? pre-order?

Yep.  Signed up already.

Cheers

Mar 31, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #14 of 4,426
Any chance there'll be a custom version? :O

Users who are viewing this thread

Back