Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 7, 2016 at 12:47 PM Post #3,226 of 4,426
Heheh! Indeed, Warrior1975! That said, I'm gonna call it a day. Enough sumptuous music for the day. Gotta save something for tomorrow, eh? :)

May 7, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #3,229 of 4,426
Lol. Yes, the last 2 months has been a frenzy for me. I've added 5 or 6 IEMS alone, 2 of them TOTL. A couple of midfi, and some cheaper priced ones. It's been a while since I was able to make purchases free of worry. Started a new business about 6 months back, and have been absolutely blessed the last 6 months, so I've rewarded myself for my hard work and success.

May 7, 2016 at 1:19 PM Post #3,230 of 4,426
Lol. Yes, the last 2 months has been a frenzy for me. I've added 5 or 6 IEMS alone, 2 of them TOTL. A couple of midfi, and some cheaper priced ones. It's been a while since I was able to make purchases free of worry. Started a new business about 6 months back, and have been absolutely blessed the last 6 months, so I've rewarded myself for my hard work and success.

Ahhh... Glad that everything turns out well for you :)

May 7, 2016 at 1:23 PM Post #3,231 of 4,426
Doesn't anyone around here sleep? :wink: Just got off a session of listening with the Plus5. Starting with Prince and ending with Stefanie Sun. Earlier this morning it was 2.2. In the afternoon, it was the Ref1 Too. Man! It's been a blessed day indeed! :hugging:

Wow Kiats, indeed a very fruitful day for you... Each and every tralucent iem fully utilized :)

May 7, 2016 at 1:39 PM Post #3,233 of 4,426
Blasphemy!! Ref 1 Too is perfect!! :wink:

I love the sound, in case anyone had doubts. I love the mids, they are very present to me. That's one of the many things I love, with all of that delicious bass, I still hear other frequencies without issue.

May 7, 2016 at 9:38 PM Post #3,234 of 4,426
  the ref1 is a beast of an IEM, but the mids I have slightly overshadowed by the great bass and treble. Vocals arent as smooth but feels very detailed and articulate.

Usually, I don't pull out the 'change your tips card'.

But....

Ref.1 are rather dependent on tip due to the balanced armatures located directly in their nozzles. The seal on your tips will modify the bass response/quantity, thickness of the tip wall matters.  I understand comments on the heavy bass for example, those who may have just had a quick demo, because you need to fiddle with them to fine tune your preferences. 

It could be as simple as requiring a different tip that provides a lighter seal.

May 7, 2016 at 9:56 PM Post #3,236 of 4,426
Well, if not the tips it was probably the cable,  we'll get to the cable another time.

And the source, the source also matters.

May 7, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #3,238 of 4,426
Personally I still, I think prefer the Ortofon on the Ref1, but the JVC's are growing on me!

Just a shame that even the large Ortofons are so small in size....................

May 8, 2016 at 3:03 AM Post #3,240 of 4,426
Hi, To any of you that have received Uber cables in the past year can I ask, did it come with a gold or rhodium plated connector?

Mine came with rhodium but I thought the sound became more transparent when I switched to a gold Ranko plug. I'm wondering if Gavin switched to gold. I have to decide again as I reterminate once more for a new player.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back