Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
May 23, 2014 at 11:36 PM Post #511 of 4,426
Mini-meet for Kiat's visit with spkrs01, holeout, kkcc and of coz Kiats...

1.RWAK240 (holeout's) with C435 using Kiat's Toxic Gold-platted silver cable 2.5mm trrs termination
It really sounds insane

2. Uber chopsticks... and Ref 1

3. AK240 finally got defeated by Peking duck

Thanks CHG and Gavin for arranging a great dinner, great views and even better company! It was great to meet everyone in person: it's always nice to be able to put faces to nicks, like CHG, kkcc and Holeout. Gavin, I of course had met prior to this.

Good stuff! And always fantastic to exchange views and share gear. :) I, for one, look forward to when we can get together again! :)

May 24, 2014 at 12:54 AM Post #512 of 4,426
Kiats

I am really glad that you enjoy the dinner! I thought if the food wasn't so good , the view of Victoria harbour could make up for it. Its wonderful to meet a gentleman with fine taste!

May 24, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #513 of 4,426
Kiats

I am really glad that you enjoy the dinner! I thought if the food wasn't so good , the view of Victoria harbour could make up for it. Its wonderful to meet a gentleman with fine taste!

Heheh! You worry too much CHG. Food, views and company was excellent! If I may be immodest to accept the compliment, the fine taste extends to friends I have and the company that I keep. :)

May 24, 2014 at 4:01 AM Post #514 of 4,426
I've completely forgot what the food taste like. It good company and good music that counts!

May 24, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #515 of 4,426
At first, I was telling Gavin about how HM-901 has too much bass for REF-1. However, as I continue to use them with balance and single ended, the Ref-1 has finally burnt in which resulting in tight,natural and rich bass that does not reduce the clarity of music.

The "scientist" in me seems to suggest the improvement is caused by my secret super glue tweak...lol just joking....i must let @Kiats to hear them this Friday..

Same here Cosmic...I told Gavin that I'd like to have my Ref.1 0.5dB less of bass...however...after burnt in I'm happy with the way it is.  Glad to make this decision to get the Ref.1 and proud to be the first customer owner (just 1/2 a day ahead of you on May 7th).

Cheers

May 24, 2014 at 8:33 AM Post #516 of 4,426
Can you guys compare the bass for me now that you are noticing changes after burn in? How does it compare to other IEMS that are known for their bass? If possible, I'm just really curious. I'd really appreciate what you guys could share.

May 24, 2014 at 8:40 AM Post #517 of 4,426
These or the K10s? Hmmmm..... Guess I'll wait a little while longer to get some extra feedback. But those Ref1s really do look gorgeous.

May 24, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #519 of 4,426
Can you guys compare the bass for me now that you are noticing changes after burn in? How does it compare to other IEMS that are known for their bass? If possible, I'm just really curious. I'd really appreciate what you guys could share.

I think in short, its how the bass notes take shaped and tightened over a period of time to increase the overall clarity. I have been noticing using the same source (HM-901) and same Ray Brown highres album. I wasnt much a believer of burn in but I could notice the change for this iem.

May 24, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #524 of 4,426
yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa 
etysmile.gif

May 24, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #525 of 4,426
And my thoughts of the Ref 1 are up :-

http://www.head-fi.org/products/tralucent-audio-ref-1/reviews/11061

Let me know if you see any typos or any ambiguities 
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back