Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1
Oct 12, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #2,086 of 4,426
Hey Bootsy1, do you know if the Progress is Haru's totl cable? How much does it cost?
What's the cable's construction / structure?
Pure Silver? Litz? Solid Core?

Hi Zach,
The Progress Bootsy1 is Wagnus' TOTL cable. The price is ¥58000, about $580 US. It's SPC 20AWG and made by Haru himself. I posted more technical details on the 1+2 thread. He doesn't use gold, pure silver, platinum, mithril, etc.., in any of his cables, just copper, but the sound he's able to achieve is superb.

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:17 AM Post #2,090 of 4,426
  LOL I don't think Bootsy1 will like this.
biggrin.gif

Heheh!

I just want to scour around for the best c/iem cables, that's all. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Its amazing how much Haru-san can achieve with just copper alone.

Looking forward to your Wireworld iem cable's impressions.

One thing I'm intrigued with is Crystal Cable's Absolute Dream. Wonder if anyone has tried modding them to use with c/iem yet. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:23 AM Post #2,091 of 4,426

Heheh!

I just want to scour around for the best c/iem cables, that's all. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Its amazing how much Haru-san can achieve with just copper alone.

Looking forward to your Wireworld iem cable's impressions.

One thing I'm intrigued with is Crystal Cable's Absolute Dream. Wonder if anyone has tried modding them to use with c/iem yet. 
biggrin.gif

On the same mission hahah.
Speaking of Haru, have you tried the Epsilon S & ALPHA VALVOLA?
I should be getting my WW PE7 IEM cable in a few weeks. :)
Dreamline Plus & Absolute Dream are FAR too thick to be made into a CIEM cable.

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #2,092 of 4,426
  On the same mission hahah.
Speaking of Haru, have you tried the Epsilon S & ALPHA VALVOLA?
I should be getting my WW PE7 cable in a few weeks. :)
Dreamline Plus & Absolute Dream are FAR too thick to be made into a CIEM cable.

Nope, I'm not a big fan of stacks. 
redface.gif

Nice! No plans to get another c/iem (FitEar, Tralucent, Noble, etc), yet?

Cool. 
smily_headphones1.gif

I see. Just got your PM regarding C.C's upcoming flagship c/iem cable. That will be something to look forward to. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 12, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #2,093 of 4,426

Nope, I'm not a big fan of stacks. 
redface.gif

Nice! No plans to get another c/iem (FitEar, Tralucent, Noble, etc), yet?

I see, what DAP & CIEM do you use?

I love my Hidition NT-6 Pro :)
Unless a better CIEM (that fits my preferences) comes out that surpasses it, I have no plan to get another earphone anytime soon.
FitEar / Noble CIEM's are usually described as being on the warmer / smoother side which is not to my taste.
The Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro & that new CIEM company EarWerkz seem very interesting though.

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:28 AM Post #2,094 of 4,426
Thanks for the detailed impressions, Bootsy.

Let's say I want to make a personal request to Haru, to construct a cable that surpasses yours in every possible way imaginable, with no budget limit.

Will he entertain such request(s)?

Thanks.

I'm not sure, but go ahead and ask. The worst he can say is no. Hmm,
"Wagnus Progress ATSCODE Better Than Bootsy1 In Every Way" cable is a mouthful though :p.

Oct 12, 2014 at 4:58 AM Post #2,096 of 4,426
That's what I thought, too.:p

But based on pure memory alone, how does the Bootsy1 match up with the uBer?
That's a tough one. Memory-wise I may say the Uber but that could be entirely psychological - wait, isn't everything psychological anyway...if we didn't have brains our ears will be sending signals to vacuum in our cranium :).

Oct 12, 2014 at 8:51 AM Post #2,097 of 4,426
  I see, what DAP & CIEM do you use?

I love my Hidition NT-6 Pro :)
Unless a better CIEM (that fits my preferences) comes out that surpasses it, I have no plan to get another earphone anytime soon.
FitEar / Noble CIEM's are usually described as being on the warmer / smoother side which is not to my taste.
The Custom Art Harmony 8 Pro & that new CIEM company EarWerkz seem very interesting though.

Since we're getting way OT here, we'll continue this convo through PM. :)

I'm not sure, but go ahead and ask. The worst he can say is no. Hmm,
"Wagnus Progress ATSCODE Better Than Bootsy1 In Every Way" cable is a mouthful though
tongue.gif

Haha! This made my day. :p

Hmm.. sure, I'll contact Haru-san very soon regarding this. :)

A shame you didn't get a chance to try out the uBer cable, though.

That's a tough one. Memory-wise I may say the Uber but that could be entirely psychological - wait, isn't everything psychological anyway...if we didn't have brains our ears will be sending signals to vacuum in our cranium
smily_headphones1.gif

Ahh.. I see.

How's the ergonomics of the Bootsy1 cable, btw?

Oct 12, 2014 at 10:10 AM Post #2,098 of 4,426
The Wagnus Progress Bootsy1 cable is on the stiff side, but manageable. I use it on the go everyday and have had zero issues with fit , tangling, microphonics, etc. I'm sure we'll do a comparison with Über somewhere down the line. Well, I'm still blown away by the bass on the Ref1 and I wanna applaud Gavin/Tralucent for making the best sounding universal iems on the market today.

Oct 12, 2014 at 2:30 PM Post #2,100 of 4,426
I have the V1 silver Tralucent cable with my 1+2's - Has anyone purchased the V2 separately? If so, about how much does it cost - I should probably PM Gavin, but thought the members subscribed to this thread might have the answer, and thus not keeping Gavin from his hard work...
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back