Brainwavz Reveals their M4 with some pictures and information!
Nov 1, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #31 of 92

Quote:
So far, can you say if it has the same harshness than B2 or even TF10 on treble? Some people say it is very bright, and I`m afraid they coud be as bright as those I mentioned... 

Not as harsh as B2, nor as sparkly - but there is some edginess when the volume is turned loud. In my normal listening volume, the brightness is just right to make female vocal sounds good.

Quote:
ClieOS don't forget to do a review after you burn them :)

That's the plan.

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:02 PM Post #32 of 92
Hey Keanex,i thought i was the only one who had that problem with straight,identical type iems,i think it's your ear's shape that is diff on both left and right.i had this problem with the Nuforce NE-700x,there were identical,but there were imbalance,even after i exchanged the earpiece.your problem should be like mine,as what you've described is exactly like my situation,i tried all tips but there were imbalances in bass and highs,but sometimes vol is the same you know?Well,my solution is not 100%,but i just try different size tips on both sides(E.g small on right and medium on left.),even after this there is still imbalance.

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #33 of 92
Hey Andrerox, thanks for your post but I think the language barrier may have misconstrued some things. I've tried what you've said, it's why I have so many tips available to me! Unfortunately that doesn't work. The Right IEM is shaped differently or something, I've concluded this because it doesn't fit in my left ear OR my right ear.

I hope that makes sense!

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #34 of 92

Quote:
I don't want to comment too much further on the M4 as the bass has sounded incredibly different every time as I haven't had the right ear sealed properly and it throws the balance off. At times there was no bass and shrill highs, but then I moved the right ear a bit and forced it in and felt a nice bass presence. ClieOS would be the better guy to talk to about comparing them to the M1/M2. If the Beta's were bright though I don't think you'll like these, they seem pretty bright no matter what in my testing. 

That's what I was afraid of. Looks like I might have to skip the M4's and look elsewhere but I'll wait for more reviews before deciding on if I will to buy them or not. Maybe I should just buy another pair of A151 since I've really taking a liking to them or give the new Soundmagic E30 a try.. Thanks for the reply..

Nov 1, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #35 of 92
If you like the M1/M2 then why not enjoy them!? It sounds like you like them but have a case of upgraditis. To cure that kick back with a beer and enjoy your favorite musician =)

As for the A151 vs the E30, I prefer the balance of the E30 personally, but I'm not a fan of "warm" sounds to be honest. Have you tried the Trident yet? How about the Xcape? Both are a bit on the warm side, with the Xcape being a tad more clear while maintaining a warm sound, though the Trident have a better price/quality ratio.

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:15 AM Post #36 of 92

Quote:
If you like the M1/M2 then why not enjoy them!? It sounds like you like them but have a case of upgraditis. To cure that kick back with a beer and enjoy your favorite musician =)

As for the A151 vs the E30, I prefer the balance of the E30 personally, but I'm not a fan of "warm" sounds to be honest. Have you tried the Trident yet? How about the Xcape? Both are a bit on the warm side, with the Xcape being a tad more clear while maintaining a warm sound, though the Trident have a better price/quality ratio.

That's what usually happens when you spend time reading about new IEM's around here..
smile.gif
It always leaves you wondering what that "new" IEM really sounds like. Now lets see if a little bit of Floyd can really cure that little case of upgraditis I seem to have developed..
smile.gif
Cheers.

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #37 of 92

Quote:
Hey Andrerox, thanks for your post but I think the language barrier may have misconstrued some things. I've tried what you've said, it's why I have so many tips available to me! Unfortunately that doesn't work. The Right IEM is shaped differently or something, I've concluded this because it doesn't fit in my left ear OR my right ear.

I hope that makes sense!

Gah!English is my 1st language!What a disgrace!That aside,just look at the earpiece,do they look identical?Well,for me,i'm sure the shape of my ears are different,so yeah,whatever works for you.

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #38 of 92
keanex you seem to have a rather strange issue with the M4 unit. I take it the nozzle on the right earbud is not in anyway squished or deformed? Can you also check the strain relief to make sure its not improperly angled, as these are hand samples the strain relief may have been placed wrong. Apart from an apparent difference is shape or weight i am not really sure why one bud would not sit as well as another.

Nov 2, 2011 at 12:23 PM Post #39 of 92

Quote:
keanex you seem to have a rather strange issue with the M4 unit. I take it the nozzle on the right earbud is not in anyway squished or deformed? Can you also check the strain relief to make sure its not improperly angled, as these are hand samples the strain relief may have been placed wrong. Apart from an apparent difference is shape or weight i am not really sure why one bud would not sit as well as another.

I agree this is an odd issue and my girlfriend even found the same problem with them. The earbuds look identical though I can't find anything different between them. After a good nights sleep I'm putting on the same tips again to repeat the test and again the right one doesn't sit comfortably at all. I can't get a good seal or sound out of it.

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #40 of 92

Quote:
Just received my M4 sample this afternoon and haven't quite had the time to burn it in yet, but the initial listening is very positive. Like Raz has said, it doesn't have the same sound as RE0. To me, it is very mildly U-shaped with very good bass impact - imagine M1 with much bigger and faster bass and slightly brighter, and better soundstage. M4 is probably the most natural sounding of all the M series so far with the least coloration. Still hard to say how good it is with so little listening time on it and almost no burn-in, but I can certain that I do prefer M4 to other M series so far.

The only downside I can say so far is a very minor driver flex when inserting the IEM, usually just a very light cracking sound.

oh no! is it like the TD III or the CC51?

Nov 2, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #41 of 92
I think as the PR401 has taught me, if there is any hint of recessed mids, which I seem to be sensitive too, I probably will not like them. The PR401 do however shine in the right genres.

M3 $90, M4 $50 (Nov 7th) and $60 until Nov 21st. Crazy right?

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:10 PM Post #42 of 92

Quote:

I don't own TD IIIs, but do have CC51s.  The actual flex is worse than the 51s as they are much more prominent and the crackling noise is actually audible and conducted through the wire into the other headphone (You can hear the crackling of one headphone in the other headphone).  However, I haven't had the problem where the flex doesn't unflex (so it hasn't affected sound).  The 51s flex is a lot more stable than the M4s in my experiences. 

These do have a V-shape to them...  Still burning in though.

Nov 2, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #43 of 92

Quote:

Not quite as bad as TD III, though I don't have driver flex issue on CC51. M4 driver flex is very mild, just a light clicking during insertion.

Nov 2, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #45 of 92

Users who are viewing this thread

Back