Brainwavz Reveals their M4 with some pictures and information!
Nov 4, 2011 at 11:05 AM Post #47 of 92
Similar, but not identical as M4 is vented on the back.

Nov 4, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #48 of 92

Quote:
the M4 has the same housings of the SM pl18/18s right?

As mentioned by Razz in MP4Nation, these are just generic housings so it is prolly gonna look like a lot of earphones out there.

Quote:
Similar, but not identical as M4 is vented on the back.

ClieOS, is this anything close to your sonic diamond award? 
biggrin.gif

Or at the very least comparable to the sub $100 favourites like RE-0, Sunrise Xcape.

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:00 PM Post #50 of 92
Or at the very least comparable to the sub $100 favourites like RE-0, Sunrise Xcape.

I won't say it beats most of thr very well received sub$100 IEM, but it is quite competitive in its price range.

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:09 PM Post #51 of 92

Quote:
I hope more reviews get posted about the M4's before Monday's early bird sale ends..

Oh wow, that'd be a rushed review if anything...  Reviews take time:
  1. Burn in time does change the sound (for those who believe in it) which already takes 2 days 2 hours time.
  2. The actual reviewing requires that the listener get aquainted with the IEMs.  This can take week(s) to do. 
That being said, most of us haven't had the M4s for even a week :p  I had mine for a little over 5 days :p  I guess it's an earlybird sale for a reason :p 

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:01 PM Post #52 of 92
Maybe I should have said more early impressions instead.. Usually after 2-3 days with an IEM I get a good feel of what they're like but maybe that's just me.. It's just that I'm on the fence about buying these due to the couple of early impressions I've read  saying the M4's have a bright sound signature and I'd like to read more user opinions before deciding. Thing is if I haven't decided before the early bird price ends I highly doubt I'd buy these and look elsewhere. I'll still look forward to your review though tinyman whenever it gets posted.

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:25 PM Post #53 of 92
The signature is more of a V-shape since the focus seems to be on bass and high end.  The mids are still clear and detailed for the most part.  Bass has excellent impact and texture.  Their is a decently sized body as well.  High end is sparkly, and detailed.  Can be a bit much at times though.  Quick first impression.  More after my full review (Give it a week or two to develop).

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:40 PM Post #55 of 92

Quote:
The signature is more of a V-shape since the focus seems to be on bass and high end.  The mids are still clear and detailed for the most part.  Bass has excellent impact and texture.  Their is a decently sized body as well.  High end is sparkly, and detailed.  Can be a bit much at times though.  Quick first impression.  More after my full review (Give it a week or two to develop).

Thanks for your input.. The part of your post I bolded is what's keeping me from buying these right now.. Thanks again.

Nov 4, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #56 of 92

Quote:
Nice! Thanks for sharing. Are you reviewing the ones with microphones? I'd be interested to know how the mic holds up.

Mic is the same one found on the MEEs.  Cable is TPU.  So far it's held up...  My MEE CW31P mic broke within the first week :frowning2:

Quote:
Thanks for your input.. The part of your post I bolded is what's keeping me from buying these right now.. Thanks again.

It's not always too much, it can happen with a certain band.  Let's just say it won't entirely fix sibilant songs (this is rare though).  Otherwise, it's perfectly fine for the most part. What I also meant by a little too much was that it could cover up mids at times.

Nov 5, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #58 of 92

Quote:
any impressions about build quality and microphonics ? and how is isolation and wind noise with the vented back?

Which model?  The build will be the same with everything except cable (there is a different cable on the mic'd model).  I do own the mic'd model, the build quality overall is good.  90-degree angled jack is a nice touch.  The actual strain relief on there isn't the strongest though.  The cable is a little thin for my tastes, it still feels solid though.  Earpieces are perfect in terms of build (they feel durable and strong, the strain relief is also flexible, but doesn't have the weak feeling to it).  Same mic as the old MEE's which does give me a slight scare though.

Isolation is about the same as RE0s.  There is wind noise as well. 

Nov 6, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #60 of 92

Quote:
i was asking about the no-mic version, but that's enough.
and how are the vocals? any comparision with another iem?

Non-mic version has a different cable.  Strain relief should be the same though. 

As for vocals:
  1. Male vocals are slightly recessed, only slightly though (compared to the rest of the mids).  They still retain great dynamics though which bring great vocalists to life, but can't do anything to the boring dry vocalist (something Etymotics can do well in my opinion).  They still seem natural though.
  2. Female vocals are a little forward compared to the mid-range instrumentals.  It's a lot more lively than male vocals. 
  3. Overall, the vocals are not the best, but they can give other IEMs a run for their money.  The vocals, like the mids, are not the focus of these IEMs, so if you are looking for a mid/vocal-focused IEM, these aren't it.  The main focus for me seems to be the low end on these. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back