Brainwavz B200 - Dual Armature IEM
Oct 24, 2017 at 7:40 PM Post #92 of 128
Just received the new B200 V2 to compliment my B400 and as a spare to my B200 V1 that I've been using as my daily driver almost since release. The frosty shell is a bit bigger than the B200 V1 shell and quite a bit smaller than the B400. Love the B series!

Glad you're enjoying all of them :)

The B200 V2 printed shell is slightly larger than the original as it has to make additional space for the mmcx connector. It still remains as ergonomically comfortable as the original B200.

So has anyone compared the B200 to the B400?

Hifichris has posted a comparison here
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/bra...r-3d-printed-iem.843192/page-27#post-13804066

Oct 25, 2017 at 5:08 PM Post #93 of 128
I got my B200 this morning and listened to them on my way to work, some quick impressions. Built quality on the shell themselves is top notch, there are no visible imperfections and both standard cables connect easily and securely. Pictures do not make justice to the clear frost, is a simple yet elegant looking iem. The standard cables are good, solid, only issue is they tend to not want to stay coiled in the case so that little securing strap that comes with it is a must. The sound is excellent, by far the best Brainwavz I've heard and easily surpasses it's price point, I'm not kidding about that, I've owned the Shure SE315 and they are better, in fact the sound signature is more pleasing to me than the Triple Fi 10 that I own. The mids are definitely prominent, the bass is quick and well defined, and the highs are somewhat receded but they still have some bite (the one area where the Triple Fi are better, but it'll depend on your tastes whether this is good for you or not). Another thing, the MMCX connectors protrude from the body of the shells in the B200, unlike the shells on the B400 where they sit flush with the surface, which actually make them compatible with the Westones cables. I have two, one with a mic and one without, and they both connect with no issues. It gives you alternatives in case you need a spare cable or one with a mic for now.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017 at 5:18 PM Post #94 of 128
Now, onto the one negative. I bought an Onix black upgrade cable with the B200, and the connection is very, very loose. I believe that it must be faulty seeing how well the standard cables fit (and also the Westones). They still work, but strangely enough were incredibly difficult to disconnect (they were loose on the MMCX socket, but it took more force than with the standard cables to disconnect) so I will not connect them again as i could damage the connections trying to disconnect them again. I have contacted @razzer001 to see if in fact I got a faulty cable. If not I will return it since I won't be using it.

Oct 25, 2017 at 9:22 PM Post #95 of 128
Hello, Head-Fi, I've missed you.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/brainwavz-b200.22219/reviews#review-19362
20171024_221804.jpg

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:03 AM Post #96 of 128
Raz - is the B200 V2 signature the same as the B200 V1 - or is their a difference?

Reason for asking - just received the B200 V2. Will probably post an impression over next couple of days while I prepare for the review cycle. Finding it quite confusing with some posting reviews of V1 and others posting impressions of V2. Should we have a B200 V2 thread?

Nov 1, 2017 at 4:47 AM Post #97 of 128
@Brooko The V2 have the exact same sound signature as V1, the only change is the 3D printed housing is bigger due to the MMCX connector and also we now include two cables, one of which is a 2.5mm balanced cable.

You can post your impression on the v1 thread. I don't believe there will be any other V1 reviews coming out unless there are other ppl who may have got a b200 v1 review unit some time ago and only get round to now doing a review. Either way, apart from that difference I said, everything else is the same.

Dec 4, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #99 of 128
Raz, Amazon UK is out of the B200 meaning the only current place is thru your website... are you planning on getting the B200 back in the UK... I'm gonna buy a set as a Xmas present for someone (not me).

Dec 13, 2017 at 5:07 PM Post #101 of 128
I've went and missed the last batch on amazon UK by looks of it, I thought there would be quite a lot so I was going to buy this weekend. They've sold out in only a few days it seems. Will there be more before Xmas in UK?

If not, how long is your Fed International Express normally to UK

Dec 20, 2017 at 9:00 PM Post #102 of 128
Now that I've had both the version 1 and 2 I must say i prefer the first. For one the V2 3.5mm cable has FAR too much noise going thru it and feels very cheap and plasticy. It's great having a detachable cable and I can see others not rating the original thin cable on V1, but i can even hear my jaw moving, my eyes blinking and gulping coming through the cables... ridiculous. The housing is also much larger than the original and I'm not too sure if it's just gonna take getting used too, but the fit is definitely causing me to hear them differently...more thinner sounding while the first was quite smooth but still as detailed. It does make them sound a bit airier but less rich. I haven't tried the other tips but I've used the same ones on both B150 and B200. Wish i kept the first version now. I'll give it some more time.

Jan 13, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #103 of 128
I purchased the B150 and rather liked how it sounded. So when Brainwavz offered a Black Friday deal on their what I assume is leftover v1 stock of B200 I got a pair. But now I have a question. I was trying to straighten up the place and wasn't too careful about exactly where I was placing things and long story short… I now have 2 pairs of seemingly identical Brainwavz IEMs. Is there any way to tell them apart, short of breaking one open and counting the balanced armature(s) inside?

Jan 13, 2018 at 8:24 PM Post #104 of 128
I purchased the B150 and rather liked how it sounded. So when Brainwavz offered a Black Friday deal on their what I assume is leftover v1 stock of B200 I got a pair. But now I have a question. I was trying to straighten up the place and wasn't too careful about exactly where I was placing things and long story short… I now have 2 pairs of seemingly identical Brainwavz IEMs. Is there any way to tell them apart, short of breaking one open and counting the balanced armature(s) inside?

Check the nozzle, the B150 has a grey filter the B200 has a brown filter.

Feb 7, 2018 at 6:39 PM Post #105 of 128

Users who are viewing this thread

Back