Brainwavz B200 - Dual Armature IEM
Jan 2, 2017 at 11:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 128

earfonia

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks to Brainwavz for the new Brainwavz B200 dual BA IEM! It is a wonderful new year gift from Brainwavz. Once again, many thanks to Brainwavz!

I received it a few days ago and only used it for a few hours by now due to the new year event. Short impression, it has a nice neutral tuning. I think it is a great neutralist IEM where there is no annoying boosting or attenuation on any specific frequency. It reminds me of Etymotic ER4SR and ER4XR, but at the moment I'm not very sure how close is their sound signature. I will compare them one day. For now, I'm quite like it for the smooth neutral tuning and the super comfortable shape and light weight.

Will post more impression and eventually review in a few more weeks.

Jan 3, 2017 at 5:57 AM Post #4 of 128
You've already got the BA200?
eek.gif

Congrats! (And I'm jelly.)

We have just a few review untis that we are slowing sending out, unfortunately with Chinese new year our assembly factory will be shut in the coming days, so we won't be able to get the B200 into mass production till well after they reopen in Feb :frowning2:

@earfonia i look forward to reading your review.

Jan 3, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #6 of 128
Jan 3, 2017 at 10:27 AM Post #8 of 128
Nice, a new dual BA from Brainwavz. It would be nice to compare how the B200 will stand against the B2 (after all it has a 100 times higher number in the name
biggrin.gif
) and the etys. I'm excited given the initial impressions but we'll wait and see (or rather hear). I will be getting the B150 next week, so soon I'll check how it fares, as the B2 was an OEM design, which kinda makes the new BA offerings from Brainwavz first BAs designed from the ground up.

Jan 3, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #9 of 128

We have just a few review untis that we are slowing sending out, unfortunately with Chinese new year our assembly factory will be shut in the coming days, so we won't be able to get the B200 into mass production till well after they reopen in Feb :frowning2:

@earfonia i look forward to reading your review.

Damn! Forgot all about Chinese new year. Let the shut down begin. Right on the heels of CES so lots to look at but little available
tongue.gif

Thanks bro!

biggrin.gif
 Your turn will come soon.

Sure! I usually listen to the IEM I'm reviewing for days or sometimes weeks to get proper impressions of it.

Look forward to the impressions. Should be another winner. Sounds like they are also polite and well behaved and should bring the higher level of detail and extension with the dual driver.

Jan 9, 2017 at 12:19 PM Post #13 of 128
Got my B200 package in a little while ago. Thanks out to Pandora and Brainwavz. Full package this time so I have the real tips to compare to the red ones. Visual inspection and you can't tell the B150 and B200 apart except for one thing. The B200 has a brown looking damper and the B150 has a white one so looking down into the tips will show which is which :)

I do see the tips as the black having a slightly more matt finish and running the fingers across the slightly shinier reds is smoother and less tack to the feel. Perhaps they may sound a bit different but have to test and see if it is noticeable with the B150 where I said the red ones made the bass notes a bit looser sounding to my ears.

...and also a quick chance to show how the cable will relax after a while...

Obviously the older B150 is the lower one. Even in a case for several days comes out and lays much better than when it did out of the box :)

Looking back at an older article, Rin Choi stated the B2 also had brown dampers installed. The B200 and B150 dampers should be able to be removed and experimented with if one chooses :) These don't sound like a B2 to me though. Early, early impression is a better and bit bigger B150. Just not as tall, separated out space-wise, and quick as the B2 was. Again it is early but these strike me as a bit more of an IM-02 sound than the B2 sound.

Jan 10, 2017 at 12:16 AM Post #14 of 128
Wow, Wow!! Awesome B200!! Man, been dreaming about this one.. Looks just like the other Two, Is the shell any bigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back