Brainwavz B200 - Dual Armature IEM
Oct 20, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #76 of 128
Oct 21, 2017 at 11:21 PM Post #79 of 128
Do they require an amp? How easily driven from a smartphone or itouch are they?

Which one would be the ones with the flatter response? The B200 or the B2 based on the earlier models?

The B200 (all variations) are quite easy to drive, your phone would be able to handle them.

In terms of sound signature the B2 are flatter and more analytical, the B200.

Oct 21, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #80 of 128
The B200 (all variations) are quite easy to drive, your phone would be able to handle them.

In terms of sound signature the B2 are flatter and more analytical, the B200.
So the B200 are the more musical, correct? I have a bunch of dynamic driver earphones, but only the T10 for balance armatures, so I am very interested in these because they are dual.

Oct 22, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #81 of 128
So the B200 are the more musical, correct? I have a bunch of dynamic driver earphones, but only the T10 for balance armatures, so I am very interested in these because they are dual.

2017-10-22_063700.jpg
blue = Triple.Fi 10 (stock single-flange silicone tips), red = B200 (stock single-flange silicone tips)

Infos about the graphs can be found here, on the "about the measurement graphs" page.

- - - - - - - - -

(Impressions when both are driven from a really low impedance source:) Yes, the B200 is the more musical sounding IEM out of the two. I've never heard the B2 (a couple of years ago I was too late to buy one when I realised that it would be discontinued), but know measurements of it. It is flatter, more neutral than the B200. The B200 on the other hand is a great in-ear, even more so for the now reduced MSRP - smooth, balanced, natural and harmonious sounding, with good technical capabilities and a soundstage that is definitely not too shabby either.

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:41 AM Post #82 of 128

blue = Triple.Fi 10 (stock single-flange silicone tips), red = B200 (stock single-flange silicone tips)

Infos about the graphs can be found here, on the "about the measurement graphs" page.

- - - - - - - - -

(Impressions when both are driven from a really low impedance source:) Yes, the B200 is the more musical sounding IEM out of the two. I've never heard the B2 (a couple of years ago I was too late to buy one when I realised that it would be discontinued), but know measurements of it. It is flatter, more neutral than the B200. The B200 on the other hand is a great in-ear, even more so for the now reduced MSRP - smooth, balanced, natural and harmonious sounding, with good technical capabilities and a soundstage that is definitely not too shabby either.
Wow, thanks for all that information. I was leaning towards the Westones because of the detachable cables, but now that Brainwavz has Incorporated them into their duals I think that I will get them instead. Heck, the price of their quad driver is really tempting as well, but I think I'll be happy with the duals.

Oct 23, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #83 of 128
I tell you what, Brainwavz have outdone themselves in their BA line. I love the B150, at £50 it's great value and sounds great... I gave my impressions in the B150 thread. I chose to buy the B200 a couple weeks later to see if they were a step up. What I found is they are a very different east altogether... but I would say they are the better of the two.

The B200 has a lot more forward mids. It's not a signature I usually like as I find it a bit claustrophobic. After adjusting to the sound for a couple days i fell in love. The B200 have excellent mids. Deep quality bass. Non fatiguing highs. Great 3D like soundstage. Good separation. Mostly though, just like the B150, they are VERY musical and just great fun for multi genres. They def pick up lots more micro detail than the B150 but they are far from analytical. Drums have excellent slam and wonderful speed, bass is controlled and very deep and also fast (better than a lot of dynamics or dual/triple hybrid BA/DD). Vocals can be very euphoric and articulate. Details wise they can compete with MEE Pinnacle 1 and Dunu DN2000. Some might find them a LITTLE clustered at times with mids being so fwd and might want some more clarity adn bite up top, but that would mean they might lose some musicality.

I would say these are THE best IEM under £100. They beat the 1More Triple Driver hands down which a lot would recommend as the the sub £100 best buy. If you are after a cheap analytical set these would probably still suffice as you can focus on nuances if you wanted and wouldn't be let down, even with their warmer signature.

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #84 of 128
Come to think about it, they are a bit like the Brainwavz M2 but with a LOT better resolution and much better dynamics. Anyone who enjoyed that set would love the B200

Oct 23, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #85 of 128
I was going to buy the Philips Fidelio X1 Open Ear from a Cash Converters close to me for £100 USED... now I don't know... do I wait for b200 v2???

Damn you Brainwavz... damn you to hell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back