Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 12, 2011 at 7:26 PM Post #631 of 1,431

Quote:
OK.
Just so you know (and no, I don't work for Comply), they come in MANY sizes, types and a couple different shapes. So you might just want to try a different size... or something. Well worth it.
wink_face.gif

I do know that.  I've never really liked foamies to begin with :p  It's just me.  Thanks for letting me know though :)

Sep 13, 2011 at 7:47 AM Post #632 of 1,431
What about the Shure Olives? I find them to be somewhat of a compromise between Complys and well... Silicone tips if you'd like.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:09 PM Post #633 of 1,431
I hope these are worth $110 I paid for. I've been itching to try the Fischer Audio DBA-02 for the longest time but they were always out of stock for some reason. Originally I was going get the GR07 but since I already have a dynamic iem I decided on the B2. I currently own a Panasonic RP-HJE900 and am fairly happy with it.

Sep 13, 2011 at 12:24 PM Post #634 of 1,431
I hope these are worth $110 I paid for. I've been itching to try the Fischer Audio DBA-02 for the longest time but they were always out of stock for some reason. Originally I was going get the GR07 but since I already have a dynamic iem I decided on the B2. I currently own a Panasonic RP-HJE900 and am fairly happy with it.

110 is an absolute steal for these earphones. Enjoy.

Sep 13, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #637 of 1,431

Quote:

Like others above me have said, such a steal at this price.  As much (if not more) bang for the buck compared to the HF5s (@100 street price).

Sep 19, 2011 at 2:56 PM Post #642 of 1,431
Mine came in from Arizona.

I've been listening to a few 24/192 and 24/96 recordings through my uDAC2 (max 24/96) and the B2s are proving transparent enough to reveal the extra depth and clarity of the hi-def recordings.

And, the speed of these drivers is nothing short of extremely impressive, faster than any dynamic full-size headphone I have owned or heard up to the HE-5LE.  

If anyone enjoys Pearl Jam I strongly, strongly recommend the 24/96 version of Ten, the remastered vinyl.  It's excellent.

IME, the bass is only an issue when I'm on the go and portable.  With my uDAC2 & hi-def recordings the drum lines and sub-bass is clearly separated from the rest of the music, increasing their fidelity.  I can't stand listening to that amalgamated blend of instruments that dynamic drivers so often produce.

Sep 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #643 of 1,431
I don't know if any of you are interested, but I did write a review on these and was quite impressed with them.  These really have some of the best bass I've ever heard.  It's really just flat throughout which really allows you to get a decently sized bass body, good texture, and some nice impact (although it could use some minor refinement here; minor = very small).

Before I forget, the link to the review: http://www.ifans.com/blog/28896/

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:20 AM Post #644 of 1,431

Quote:
I don't know if any of you are interested, but I did write a review on these and was quite impressed with them.  These really have some of the best bass I've ever heard.  It's really just flat throughout which really allows you to get a decently sized bass body, good texture, and some nice impact (although it could use some minor refinement here; minor = very small).

Before I forget, the link to the review: http://www.ifans.com/blog/28896/

Nice review sir, I really like the layout!

Sep 20, 2011 at 12:28 AM Post #645 of 1,431

Quote:

Nice review sir, I really like the layout!

Thanks, appreciate it :)

As always, take the review with a grain of salt (like all reviews).  Especially considering this is not written for 100% audiophiles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back