Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 9, 2011 at 10:02 AM Post #617 of 1,431
I have it as well. I had some issues trying to get it on the stock rom but once I got cyanogen mod I got it and it is great. The amp is also much more powerful with voodoo.

I'm not sure about any differences since I would need a stock and my sgs to compare but it sounds great with my customs.

Sep 10, 2011 at 2:35 AM Post #619 of 1,431
^ Just tried it but it didn't work for me..

I thought I was finally gonna get the B2 
frown.gif

Sep 10, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #622 of 1,431
Got it to work! Thanks Theom 
biggrin.gif

Sep 11, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #625 of 1,431
Not much discussion about the B2's going on so allow me.
I'm really impressed with these. No gaping holes across the spectrum, no mid bass hump like trip10's...just even all the way thru. 
They sound very good out of my 3GS iPhone but even better thru my home system and Burson 160. Not as good thru my portable amp. I'm not sure what to make of all the comments concerning a tipped up top end. I only listen to lossless file and I am 50 years old so maybe my hearing is shot. The bottom end is taught but not plumbing the depths of the ocean's bottom. 
With the comply tips they are very comfortable. My intention was to get them custom molded if I liked them but they are so comfortable that I can't see the point in spending the money. 
In comparison they make my stock Fostex 50's sound bleached out and they show my AKG702's to be indeed bass shy. 
Color me impressed.

Sep 11, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #626 of 1,431
I have had a serious case of brain burn-in with the B2s (..or real burn-in?  Don't know.  Don't care).  

Like you triodesteve, I'm hard pressed to find a single track where the highs are strident, it's all totally smooth.  Using all lossless too.

They're scaling nicely from my iPod to my uDAC2, separation, imaging, size of soundstage improve.

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:49 AM Post #627 of 1,431
Just got this and I must say the resolution is phenomenal. Being a fan of Grado sound, I welcome the sweet clarity it provides.

And the Comply tips are a nice touch; I m impressed with how comfortable and conforming they are. Personally, the foam tips provide a better seal than the silicone tips. Because of the better seal, the music sound 'meatier' or more 'full-bodied'.

Just wish the housing were made of better material than plastic, but tts just me nit-picking:D

Sep 12, 2011 at 11:20 AM Post #628 of 1,431

Quote:
Just got this and I must say the resolution is phenomenal. Being a fan of Grado sound, I welcome the sweet clarity it provides.

And the Comply tips are a nice touch; I m impressed with how comfortable and conforming they are. Personally, the foam tips provide a better seal than the silicone tips. Because of the better seal, the music sound 'meatier' or more 'full-bodied'.

Yup. With you all the way here.
The B2's (and DBA-02) are not strident or sibilant. I too only use lossless (when mobile) or high res 24/96 / uncompressed while stationary. They are clear and clean through the spectrum, as has been said, and yes, they are not the most sonorous, but what they lack in depth they make up in neutrality and brilliance. Also depth of insertion is key, the deeper they are in the canals, the deeper the sound.

As for the Comply's, I agree. They are the most comfortable way for me to use IEM's. I can't deal very well with customs or silicone / flanged ear tips. The Comply's offer the seal and isolation needed and the comfort desired. I use the large P-series (platinum colour) trimmed.

Cheers.

Sep 12, 2011 at 1:35 PM Post #629 of 1,431
Although the Comply's are a lot more comfortable for me, the small silicone tips still seal a lot better for me, even with the same insertion depth.

Sep 12, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #630 of 1,431

Quote:
Although the Comply's are a lot more comfortable for me, the small silicone tips still seal a lot better for me, even with the same insertion depth.

OK.
Just so you know (and no, I don't work for Comply), they come in MANY sizes, types and a couple different shapes. So you might just want to try a different size... or something. Well worth it.
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back