Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Sep 1, 2011 at 3:16 AM Post #601 of 1,431

Quote:
Congrats. Glad these are better.

As to the included red Comply's... yeah, they just don't work for me. The feel, consistency seems a bit different than grey or black Comply's.

Thanks! I have the tips from the A151 on the way to see if it'll work well with the B2. Have you tried the Comply TS series on it? I'm thinking about trying those out as well.

Sep 1, 2011 at 3:55 AM Post #602 of 1,431

Quote:
Build quality is solid.  Mine have survived a 50-foot drop & have been dragged on concrete sidewalks for a few blocks, they're still going strong.  Unintentional of course, but I was glad to find them unphased.  

Today I switched back to the stock single flange after using the comply tips exclusively for a month.  The difference is more stark than quick A/Bs reveal, everything sounds more nuanced and delicate, treble is sweet and details, especially the spatial details, are better presented.  The reduction in isolation, and consequently the reduction in bass presence, is the only problem with ditching complys.

Have you tried using the small stock single flanges? I mean, have no idea with the size of your ear canals but in most of my other IEMs, I use the medium size tips and its only with the B2s and Etys that i use the small single flanges. I can actually insert them deeper than the comply tips and in effect, isolation is pretty similar and the bass is even better to my ears

Sep 1, 2011 at 6:50 AM Post #603 of 1,431
just got a pair of these and some m1s on impulse today. the m1s sounded absolutely brilliant for the price, but the b2 was by far superior both in clarity, separation and price. I've been driving them using my desktop setup to see how well they perform, and I have to agree with most people here that the treble is way too harsh for comfortable listening (percussion and cymbals are borderline painful). Am using ety triflanges with the B2, definitely increased isolation and detail but that extra detail might contribute to the harsh treble in most situations.  Wish I had my old ety hf5s and re0s to hot swap listen to provide a more objective comparison. Perhaps the price and performance of the m1s completely took me by surprise and blew me out of the water, I wasn't as impressed with B2 given the price difference.

edit: I found my old seasoned pair of ety triflanges that have turned slightly yellow soft from prolonged usage and wow, these improved the fit, comfort and consequently, sound quite significantly. Looks like i'll have to break in the new pair of triflanges :p.

Sep 1, 2011 at 9:17 AM Post #605 of 1,431
The A151 tips will work with the B2s and you may get a slightly better seal with them.  Using the stock silicone tips, the treble isn't harsh for me and the quantity of bass is actually really nice (just lacks a little impact in some places).  The highs aren't too bright at all for me at all, maybe I have ears of steal or something (I doubt it) :p  They are actually pretty good.  The mids (higher-end mids) seem lost sometimes though (have my Etys spoiled me?).

Sep 1, 2011 at 1:14 PM Post #606 of 1,431
Quote:
Have you tried using the small stock single flanges? I mean, have no idea with the size of your ear canals but in most of my other IEMs, I use the medium size tips and its only with the B2s and Etys that i use the small single flanges. I can actually insert them deeper than the comply tips and in effect, isolation is pretty similar and the bass is even better to my ears

I'm using the small single flange, it's also more comfortable than the comply.  

I have a pair of grey comply, I'll give them a shot to see if the T-100 red/grey are as different as being reported.

Sep 1, 2011 at 8:23 PM Post #607 of 1,431

Quote:
Thanks! I have the tips from the A151 on the way to see if it'll work well with the B2. Have you tried the Comply TS series on it? I'm thinking about trying those out as well.

Yes, I've tried the TS, but found that they didn't work as well with my ears. I know someone who prefers them to the T-100 or P-series. They sounded great, but it's a fit thing...
I mostly use the P-series trimmed (foam overhand cut down to the black plastic core... flat) for both the B2 and DBA-02.

Sep 2, 2011 at 2:12 PM Post #608 of 1,431
It's interesting some of you say the red tips that come with the B2s feel different. The color has the impact on the foam, whether it's black, blue, red or platinum.
How mysterious...

Sep 2, 2011 at 7:04 PM Post #609 of 1,431
Guys do you know of any significant difference between the b2 and dba-02? I had dba-02 but they're just too expensive here in singapore. I am now missing the treble and details of the dba-02 and i'm not sure whether i can get them from the b2. Re0 vs dba-02, dba-02 wins hands down in terms of treble and detail for me.

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:24 AM Post #610 of 1,431
It's interesting some of you say the red tips that come with the B2s feel different. The color has the impact on the foam, whether it's black, blue, red or platinum.
How mysterious...

The Comply tips appears to have improved in consistency. It felt kind of sticky at first and may be due to the humidity (I live in the tropics) Just a theory

Sep 3, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #611 of 1,431
Guys do you know of any significant difference between the b2 and dba-02? I had dba-02 but they're just too expensive here in singapore. I am now missing the treble and details of the dba-02 and i'm not sure whether i can get them from the b2. Re0 vs dba-02, dba-02 wins hands down in terms of treble and detail for me.

After 2 days of comparing the B2 with the dba2, I noticed more bass presence with the B2. I have to up the low frequency with my cowon s9 by a notch when using the DBA-02 Otherwise, they sound the same

Sep 6, 2011 at 2:38 PM Post #612 of 1,431

Quote:
The Comply tips appears to have improved in consistency. It felt kind of sticky at first and may be due to the humidity (I live in the tropics) Just a theory

The weather, temperature and humidity all can effect the way our tips act, like how quickly the tips reshape, for example. Good observation. Hope you like them!
ksc75smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back