Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Aug 24, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #572 of 1,431

Quote:
I buy mine from sweetwater. ~$15 with free shipping. 

http://www.sweetwater.com/c1047--Shure--Replacement_Foam_And_Sleeves

is it the Shure EABKF1-10?

Quote:

is it the SHURE PA910M?

is there a difference between the two?

also, has anyone tried Triple-Flange tips with these - and which type would be compatible?

I want to try the main different options to see which works the best for me...

Aug 25, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #573 of 1,431
man.

i received my new BRAINWAVZ B2's in the mail today.

as far as IEMs/portable earphones are concerned, i haven't really heard much.... i've only owned:

apple ipod stock
sony fontopia earbuds
sony mdr-ed12lp
some cheap sony iem
thinksound ts02 (my dad's)
thinksound rain

wow. these things are metaphorically raping my ears. and my ears love it. none of my other IEMs went this deep into my ears. since i've never experienced this, i'm wondering if i'm putting them in too deep in (i hope not, it sounds great this way.) 

i read how to wear them here: http://mp4nation.net/blog/2011/06/how-to-properly-wear-the-brainwavz-b2s/

but this^^ looks way deeper than what is pictured in that blog post... or is that fine?

Aug 25, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #574 of 1,431

Quote:
man.

i received my new BRAINWAVZ B2's in the mail today.

as far as IEMs/portable earphones are concerned, i haven't really heard much.... i've only owned:

apple ipod stock
sony fontopia earbuds
sony mdr-ed12lp
some cheap sony iem
thinksound ts02 (my dad's)
thinksound rain

wow. these things are metaphorically raping my ears. and my ears love it. none of my other IEMs went this deep into my ears. since i've never experienced this, i'm wondering if i'm putting them in too deep in (i hope not, it sounds great this way.) 

i read how to wear them here: http://mp4nation.net/blog/2011/06/how-to-properly-wear-the-brainwavz-b2s/

but this^^ looks way deeper than what is pictured in that blog post... or is that fine?

Holy Crap.  That's deep.  

Aug 26, 2011 at 12:42 AM Post #575 of 1,431

Quote:

Fine.  That's how I wear mine.  Mine might actually go a smidge deeper.  That's how they sound best to me. 

Aug 26, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #579 of 1,431
I think my ears tolerate a deep insertion very well because of my history of using earplugs due to swimming. So don't worry if isn't that deep.

Aug 26, 2011 at 7:05 AM Post #580 of 1,431
I imagine to get that deep you are using the comply tips? With the silicone(I think thats the material) single flange tips(the black tips that come with the B2) I cant imagine that being possible. Although I think the sound was more full sounding with the comply tips, the black tips(I use medium) didn't sound as harsh on the high end. I had to toss my complys because I was screwing around with fit and accedently got one stuck in my ear(I had it too far out on the nozzel) I don't think I will go back to comply tips for these, but I did order shure olives to try those out.

Aug 26, 2011 at 8:14 AM Post #581 of 1,431

Quote:
I imagine to get that deep you are using the comply tips? With the silicone(I think thats the material) single flange tips(the black tips that come with the B2) I cant imagine that being possible. Although I think the sound was more full sounding with the comply tips, the black tips(I use medium) didn't sound as harsh on the high end. I had to toss my complys because I was screwing around with fit and accedently got one stuck in my ear(I had it too far out on the nozzel) I don't think I will go back to comply tips for these, but I did order shure olives to try those out.

I was using the complys to get it that deep. I can't with the medium silicone tips. However, I can with the small.....

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #582 of 1,431

Quote:
I was using the complys to get it that deep. I can't with the medium silicone tips. However, I can with the small.....

Also other things to note:
  1. Bigger ears allow for deeper insertion.
  2. Judging by your pictures your ears are a little above average sized (mine are extremely tiny) which can account to why yours are in deeper.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #583 of 1,431
I use the Ety's tri-flange and insert very deep as well for maximum performance, isolation and comfort. Excellent earphones.

Aug 26, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #584 of 1,431
Aug 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM Post #585 of 1,431
Danm.  I take back about what I said about inserting mine deep.  The only thing that goes into my ears is the nozzle.  From what I can tell you guys put the whole phone into your ear, with only the cord sticking out.  Nuts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back