Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 31, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #526 of 1,431
A few more updates: the comply tips really detract from the sound.  So far I'm liking the stock single flange tips best, also, brain acclimation seems to be helping with making them more neutral.  

Jul 31, 2011 at 11:26 PM Post #527 of 1,431
Last update:

Man, I really dig these.  A big thanks to Rawrster for the recommendation.  Highly recommended if you can handle your bass a bit light, or if your main genres are bass light.  

Aug 1, 2011 at 12:54 AM Post #528 of 1,431

Quote:
A few more updates: the comply tips really detract from the sound.  So far I'm liking the stock single flange tips best, also, brain acclimation seems to be helping with making them more neutral.  

You might want to trim the Comply's. This eliminates the attenuation of the highs. Otherwise I've found the Comply's actually improve fit and seal, and allow for increased insertion depth (necessary for the best bass response).

These are the P-series (large):

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/540222/brainwavz-b2-impressions-discussion-thread/375#post_7574803

Aug 1, 2011 at 6:55 AM Post #529 of 1,431
FYI, I e-mailed Dimitri from Musica Acoustics with a question about the DBA-02 and he mentioned the following:

Quote:
Just for your information,  drivers for B2 and DBA02 are all made and tuned in the same factory in China so very likely if there a channel imbalance problem in DBA-02, it will appear in B2.

So far I had only one return unit with channel imbalance issue  so chances are very small..

Aug 1, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #530 of 1,431
Quote:
You might want to trim the Comply's. This eliminates the attenuation of the highs. Otherwise I've found the Comply's actually improve fit and seal, and allow for increased insertion depth (necessary for the best bass response).

These are the P-series (large):

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/540222/brainwavz-b2-impressions-discussion-thread/375#post_7574803

Thanks for the tip, that definitely improved things, the upper frequencies are no longer muffled.  

Edit: I'm also noticing good, tight bass, finally.  

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #531 of 1,431
The bass on these headphones are its weakness. Its only saving grace is the e11 amp on medium bass boost. They sound ok but I'd rather listen to my superfi.5 pros although they might not be as detailed as these it definitely beats them on the sub-woofer performance. I just thought of an idea a hybrid superfi/brainwavz re-shell.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:43 PM Post #532 of 1,431

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the tip, that definitely improved things, the upper frequencies are no longer muffled.  

Edit: I'm also noticing good, tight bass, finally.  

Great news. I agree, the trim allows for a deeper insertion, improving the bass. When you get the chance, try a different size or two (my go-to is the P-series Large), as this IEM is fairly dependent on fit.

Aug 3, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #533 of 1,431

Quote:
The B2 is $130 on Amazon til end of august, very convenient for US buyers. I might get one.

I take it back, it's back to normal now
angry_face.gif

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #534 of 1,431

Quote:
I take it back, it's back to normal now
angry_face.gif

Hah! I ordered it 3 days ago for the special price and they just arrived!
etysmile.gif

Yeah these are just like the DBA-02's. Lovin' em again. Instrument separation, brightness (without the DBA-02 sibilance!), perfect fast and snappy bass. Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing is bliss with these!
biggrin.gif
And no channel imbalance! I'm a very happy man.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:31 PM Post #535 of 1,431
Quote:
Great news. I agree, the trim allows for a deeper insertion, improving the bass. When you get the chance, try a different size or two (my go-to is the P-series Large), as this IEM is fairly dependent on fit.

I'll be trying the P-series next.  Does the P improve bass response for you over the T-series?  I cut the tip flush with the nozzle so I don't think insertion will be any deeper with the P-tip, but there may be more foam than the T back by the nozzle's base / housing.

Aug 4, 2011 at 1:05 AM Post #536 of 1,431

Quote:
Quote:

I'll be trying the P-series next.  Does the P improve bass response for you over the T-series?  I cut the tip flush with the nozzle so I don't think insertion will be any deeper with the P-tip, but there may be more foam than the T back by the nozzle's base / housing.

It's mostly seal / fit and increased isolation (a HUGE plus when traveling). The P's also just seem work better in my ear. The longer core may change the sound signature slightly, but I've never really A/B's the two.

Aug 4, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #537 of 1,431

Quote:
Hah! I ordered it 3 days ago for the special price and they just arrived!
etysmile.gif

Yeah these are just like the DBA-02's. Lovin' em again. Instrument separation, brightness (without the DBA-02 sibilance!), perfect fast and snappy bass. Placebo - Without You I'm Nothing is bliss with these!
biggrin.gif
And no channel imbalance! I'm a very happy man.

Happy to hear, enjoy :)

Aug 4, 2011 at 5:00 AM Post #538 of 1,431
So after falling in love with my first set of BA iems (Meelec A151), I've been thinking about upgrading to something in the $100-$200 range. Initially I was all about reading up on the DBA-02, but after reading this entire thread, I think I'm leaning towards purchasing the B2. Anyway, I saw a few posters who own both the A151 and B2 and was hoping to hear thoughts on whether this would be a good step up. I've done a lot of searching/reading over the past week, including reads of the two big comparison threads thoroughly, so any more input on whether or not this may or may not be the way to go would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back