Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jul 26, 2011 at 8:56 AM Post #512 of 1,431
Thanks for the tips Raz! I tried the plastic and it works fine for now. I'll see how it holds up...it's not too big of a deal atm. 

Quote:
I don't think recommending cotton as a filter replacement for your new product is appropriate for a number of reasons. This isn't a mod or tune. If you want 'home service', at least send him the screen.

It's okay haha. I ordered from mp4nation and I'm testing out the phones. I PM'd Raz and asked for some DIY suggestions, and he's definitely offered to replace them. 

Jul 26, 2011 at 5:26 PM Post #513 of 1,431
bah, so I'm pretty sure mine sound a little off center. Its sounded like this since I got them, but my IE8's or Turbines sound balanced by comparison. Think I'll have trouble exchanging it? it is a little dissapointing :/

Jul 27, 2011 at 10:37 PM Post #514 of 1,431

Quote:
Thanks for the tips Raz! I tried the plastic and it works fine for now. I'll see how it holds up...it's not too big of a deal atm. 

It's okay haha. I ordered from mp4nation and I'm testing out the phones. I PM'd Raz and asked for some DIY suggestions, and he's definitely offered to replace them. 

Quote:
bah, so I'm pretty sure mine sound a little off center. Its sounded like this since I got them, but my IE8's or Turbines sound balanced by comparison. Think I'll have trouble exchanging it? it is a little dissapointing :/

Make sure you have a proper seal and try and get some test audio files that help to properly position sound and check sound balance to confirm if there is a issue. Check also to make sure there isn't any ear wax build up in the nozzles. If you think there is a issue open a support ticket over at mp4 nation (http://www.mp4nation.net/support) and the support team will help you further.

Jul 28, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #515 of 1,431

Lurker here. I'm just going to chime in before this costs you (and potentially other B2 owners) shipping and time. I noticed a few days after I received my B2's, that they sounded "off-center", the left monitor seemingly softer than the right. Harkening back to my first listening session with them (using the medium silicone tips) I remembered that the imbalance DEFINITELY wasn't there, so I began to experiment. I know my left ear-canal is smaller than my right, and the Comply tip it seems, did not like that. There was nothing wrong with the headphone or the tips, I was simply not squishing the tip correctly, had not properly inserted the tip or had the tip had expanded, and changed in insertion depth. One of the answers to this problem was properly squishing the tip and holding the left monitor in place, and waiting for the left tip to expand in your ear canal, making sure that both monitors are at a comparably equal depth. To make sure that your B2's are genuinely imbalanced, I recommend that you try using the silicon tips (of the correct size of course), and observing whether the imbalance is still present.
I myself plan on getting some Shure Olives, as a possible solution to the insertion depth issue, and as replacements for when the Complys wear out. The Olives are also less expensive, even here in Canada (surprisingly). I will post my results when I get them.

I love my B2's, simply an amazing IEM.

I was kind of looking forward to the ear-hooks though :frowning2:

Jul 28, 2011 at 11:13 PM Post #518 of 1,431

Quote:
Lurker here. I'm just going to chime in before this costs you (and potentially other B2 owners) shipping and time. I noticed a few days after I received my B2's, that they sounded "off-center", the left monitor seemingly softer than the right. Harkening back to my first listening session with them (using the medium silicone tips) I remembered that the imbalance DEFINITELY wasn't there, so I began to experiment. I know my left ear-canal is smaller than my right, and the Comply tip it seems, did not like that. There was nothing wrong with the headphone or the tips, I was simply not squishing the tip correctly, had not properly inserted the tip or had the tip had expanded, and changed in insertion depth. One of the answers to this problem was properly squishing the tip and holding the left monitor in place, and waiting for the left tip to expand in your ear canal, making sure that both monitors are at a comparably equal depth. To make sure that your B2's are genuinely imbalanced, I recommend that you try using the silicon tips (of the correct size of course), and observing whether the imbalance is still present.
I myself plan on getting some Shure Olives, as a possible solution to the insertion depth issue, and as replacements for when the Complys wear out. The Olives are also less expensive, even here in Canada (surprisingly). I will post my results when I get them.

I love my B2's, simply an amazing IEM.

I was kind of looking forward to the ear-hooks though
frown.gif

Seal matters! Good that you were able to get a good fit in the end. Like original dolt, if you feel the sound is not right, it is usually down to the seal, it should sit tightly just like a ear plug, when music is not playing you should not be able to hear much from the outside world, if you can hear a lot then you don't have a good seal.

Jul 29, 2011 at 9:41 AM Post #520 of 1,431
So I have skimmed through most of this thread, but may have missed some of it.  Would I be correct in saying that after the B2 was initially deemed too hot up top it was decided the production version would have copper cabling to tame the treble some?

Or were they tuned differently afterwards?

How do these compare to the RE-ZERO?

Jul 29, 2011 at 7:13 PM Post #521 of 1,431
The B2 is $130 on Amazon til end of august, very convenient for US buyers. I might get one.

Jul 30, 2011 at 11:59 AM Post #522 of 1,431

Quote:
So I have skimmed through most of this thread, but may have missed some of it.  Would I be correct in saying that after the B2 was initially deemed too hot up top it was decided the production version would have copper cabling to tame the treble some?

Or were they tuned differently afterwards?

How do these compare to the RE-ZERO?

Yea, that's mostly correct about the cables.
And I thought us people that preordered got a special price but I guess not really, it seems like the price will stay that low for a while.

Jul 31, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #523 of 1,431
Got these today.  Initial impressions are positive.   They fit well, isolate well and sound fairly neutral.  They are a touch top-end emphasized.  It can be a struggle on some tracks to hear deep bass.  Mid-bass is prominent and renders nicely with trimmed complys.  The midrange has good resolution but is a touch colder than what I would call just right.  You won't hear the liquid, syrupy vocals you do on the RE-262s on the B2/DBA-02s.  The top end is nice.  It doesn't have the endless extension or smoothness of an HE-6 (I know, unfair comparison, but in absolute sound terms).  Tonality and timbre is good, but not always spot on.  Seperation is good too.  It's a really good headphone for $130 shipped (right now at Amazon).  I am most concerned on how it compares to the RE-ZEROs given how close they are in cost.  I might borrow some from a friend of mine for a mini-review.  The B2s, by the way, have kicked ass of any classical track I've thrown at it.

Jul 31, 2011 at 1:05 PM Post #525 of 1,431

Users who are viewing this thread

Back