Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jun 23, 2011 at 8:49 AM Post #317 of 1,431

Quote:
Did a quick measure on the old prototype B2.  26.5ohms.  DBA is rated at 43ohms.  I'll remeasure when the production B2 arrives w/ the new cable.

Knowles lists impedance at 43 ohm and DC resistance at 25 ohms so if anything, you've confirmed a sameness.
beerchug.gif
 http://www.knowles.com/search/prods_pdf/TWFK-30017-000.pdf 

Jun 23, 2011 at 9:13 AM Post #318 of 1,431
I missed the delivery today because i was at work i have to go tomorrow to pick it up. I was watching the tracking today and was hoping it would be in my mail box when i got home but only had a letter to pick it up from the post office. So annoyed.

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:00 AM Post #321 of 1,431

Just received mine today together with the FiiO E11 amp.
I'm a little bit earlier to receive maybe becoz I'm in HK and mp4nation shipped it in HK as well.
The earphone doesn't mark with "L" and "R" but i supposed to use it as over the ear type. Just like UE TF10.

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #322 of 1,431

Quote:

I'm a little bit earlier to receive maybe becoz I'm in HK and mp4nation shipped it in HK as well.
The earphone doesn't mark with "L" and "R" but i supposed to use it as over the ear type. Just like UE TF10.

There should be a L and R if you look close enough.  It was hard to find on the DBA-02 also.  These are different colored housings so I'm not sure.  It would be on the inside of the shells not the outside.

Jun 25, 2011 at 6:42 AM Post #323 of 1,431
First listen at moment while replying on my iPad. Not using an amp yet but really impressed.

Listening to Katherine Jenkins. The clarity of the mid and treble and soundstage is beautiful.

The bass is just right. Where it is needed it is decent but not excessive. The extra information these headphones are playing is incredible over my REO's.

Black Eyed Peas also sounds excellent. I am going to try using a Fiio E9/E7 and E11 shortly to see what difference they make. But to be honest the sound direct out of my iPad is very impressive.

Now listening to Queen. Again excellent. I will try the red foam tips included shortly. I also will try the comply tx-100 tips.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:30 AM Post #324 of 1,431
I just listened to my first song with my just received B2's...

great sound. great details and nice bass.. I prefer the red foams tips!

Build quality is decent but I think it's not great... just decent.

Jun 25, 2011 at 8:43 AM Post #325 of 1,431
I find the high tones are some times too high.. For example the song "I want to break free"... it's a has quite much high tones and my ears hurts really bad with these high and sharp tones :frowning2:

I put the high tones a bit lower and that solves it but maybe I need to do some more EQ tuning (using iTunes)

Nevermind.. I used my external amp (creative xmod) and the "crystalizer" function does not work well with small 'speakers'.. I turned it off again and it's sound really good now!! 

Jun 25, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #327 of 1,431
Hmmm.... congrats on receiving yours, gents.

I haven't even gotten a shipment notice yet. Hmmm... 
frown.gif

Jun 25, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #328 of 1,431

Quote:

that looks niiiice!!! waiting for mine!
is that the L3 ?

Jun 25, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #330 of 1,431

The B2 stock to amazon was held up at US customs, but they arrived friday and the orders have been processed, most people in the US will get them by Tuesday. US buyers should get tracking from amazon later today. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back