Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
May 27, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #273 of 1,431
They are not any more susceptible to wax than say Klipsch or Ety IEMs.  Probably less so for most people.  My ears are fairly clean so no trouble for me.  I have no idea how or if people w/ tons of wax use deeper phones like Ety's or Klipsch's so I can't comment.

May 27, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #274 of 1,431
They are not any more susceptible to wax than say Klipsch or Ety IEMs.  Probably less so for most people.  My ears are fairly clean so no trouble for me.  I have no idea how or if people w/ tons of wax use deeper phones like Ety's or Klipsch's so I can't comment.

I don't know enough about either of those IEMs to follow the comparison. Does the B2 nozzle have a mesh at the end, or is it recessed (or absent entirely)?

Thanks!

May 27, 2011 at 3:55 PM Post #275 of 1,431

No filter on the end.  Recessed.  I believe that was a change done in the DBA v.1 to v.2 to either improve sound or deal w/ another issue.  I forget which.

May 27, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #276 of 1,431
Thanks to HF, I've learned more about people's earwax/cleaning habits than I've ever cared to know.

ph34r.gif

May 28, 2011 at 2:50 PM Post #279 of 1,431
can the comply Tx series help with any wax problem? or any other tips??

Whether it's a problem depends on your ears. :)

The Tx series, from my experience, reduces treble a bit. If the shipping B2 continues to be a bit hot in the treble, the Tx Complys might actually serve dual purpose. If the B2's highs end up being that of the DBA-02, well, I guess it depends on the listener as to whether such a change would be good or not.

May 28, 2011 at 6:21 PM Post #280 of 1,431

Quote:
Whether it's a problem depends on your ears.
smily_headphones1.gif

The Tx series, from my experience, reduces treble a bit. If the shipping B2 continues to be a bit hot in the treble, the Tx Complys might actually serve dual purpose. If the B2's highs end up being that of the DBA-02, well, I guess it depends on the listener as to whether such a change would be good or not.

I agree. I used the 'untrimmed' comply T-100 to slightly reduce the highs. It worked fairly well. The 'trimmed' P-series was a tiny bit too bright. The Tx (if it cuts the highs slightly... I've never used them) might also assist.
This is assuming the highs remain as they were in the review models. If the production models are more similar to the DBA's then I'll just use the trimmed P-series.

I have no ear wax issues, so that's never been a factor for me. I've never had to clean or protect the nozzle of any of my IEM's.

May 28, 2011 at 6:53 PM Post #281 of 1,431
i did have that issues with the regular common traditional and cheap silicone tips that come with those like senns cx series. after a short use the tips got wax inside and sometimes even reached the nozzle itself. so that worries me a bit if i would experience the same with the B2/DBA-02

May 28, 2011 at 10:56 PM Post #282 of 1,431
As usual, sir joker did a good job in his review for Brainwavz B2. I'd like to ask a noob question here, sir. Do B2 and Sunrise Xcape IE are in the same league? Which is better in terms of SQ. If only I can afford to buy them both, I will but im on a tight budget so I can pick only one. Thanks and more power!!!

May 28, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #283 of 1,431

Quote:
i did have that issues with the regular common traditional and cheap silicone tips that come with those like senns cx series. after a short use the tips got wax inside and sometimes even reached the nozzle itself. so that worries me a bit if i would experience the same with the B2/DBA-02

I had a similar issue with the sennheiser eartips, after a week or so, they would frequently become dislodged from the earpieces

Users who are viewing this thread

Back