Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Apr 19, 2011 at 2:11 AM Post #181 of 1,431
I have a question on the treble. I'm not particularly averse to prominent treble but it has to be smooth treble. I'm recently in the market for a resolving BA IEM and was thinking of picking these up, but I'd like the treble to be smooth and sweet. Examples of not smooth to me are the UE SF3. Jagged treble there. UE's TF10 on the other hand had sweet smooth treble. How does the B2's treble fare?

Apr 19, 2011 at 3:48 AM Post #182 of 1,431

Quote:
I have a question on the treble. I'm not particularly averse to prominent treble but it has to be smooth treble. I'm recently in the market for a resolving BA IEM and was thinking of picking these up, but I'd like the treble to be smooth and sweet. Examples of not smooth to me are the UE SF3. Jagged treble there. UE's TF10 on the other hand had sweet smooth treble. How does the B2's treble fare?

I consider the CK10 and ER4P harsh at times.  Not so the DBA for me.  It is aggressive in a PRATy sort of way (yes I said it) but not Gradoesque.  Fit and tips being equal of course.  

Nobody has posted on the production B2 yet.

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:25 AM Post #183 of 1,431
Quote:
Razzer gave the B2s for a good price. No chance I would cancel the pre-order. However owning enough IEMs at home, I have to say, from the looks these area winner to me. Red+Black=awsome (to me at least)

If only they did the cables in red and black too. That would be great.

Quote:
It says that the B2 will be instock on the last week of April, so most likely mid to late May.

Hope the shipping doesn't take too long. Looking at the shipped notice for a week will get annoying...

Apr 20, 2011 at 6:19 AM Post #184 of 1,431
We should have production samples next week, some people will get those to do their reviews with :)

Quote:
I consider the CK10 and ER4P harsh at times.  Not so the DBA for me.  It is aggressive in a PRATy sort of way (yes I said it) but not Gradoesque.  Fit and tips being equal of course.  

Nobody has posted on the production B2 yet.

The B2 will be in stock somewhere between the first to second week of May now, everything is pretty much and we're waiting for the driver factory to finish off making all the drivers.

Apr 23, 2011 at 12:13 AM Post #186 of 1,431
Apr 23, 2011 at 1:01 AM Post #187 of 1,431
Awesome Ish!  I wish we had a review on the actual production sample but I'll be happy hearing about the silver cable version for now.  I will wait for the word on the copper cable version as the treble on these just doesn't sound like what I want. the copper version might fix the problem.  I mean the mids sound like what I am looking for in a BA, but the treble sounds too much like the SF3.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #188 of 1,431

Quote:
Awesome Ish!  I wish we had a review on the actual production sample but I'll be happy hearing about the silver cable version for now.  I will wait for the word on the copper cable version as the treble on these just doesn't sound like what I want. the copper version might fix the problem.  I mean the mids sound like what I am looking for in a BA, but the treble sounds too much like the SF3.

Well, you could always stuff some foam in front of the nozzle and see how that fairs as a treble-cut filter, but I may be hypersensitive to treble too. I have the SF4 (apparently the same as the SF3) and their treble is more harsh.

Apr 23, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #189 of 1,431
Ah that's good to hear at least. SF3 was just too much. If this is not that bad then it's a step in the right direction. I don't want to put filters as I don't want to veil teh sound, the reason I'm getting this in teh first place is so that I have a clear and analytical set to complement the Golds.

Apr 24, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #190 of 1,431

Quote:
Ah that's good to hear at least. SF3 was just too much. If this is not that bad then it's a step in the right direction. I don't want to put filters as I don't want to veil teh sound, the reason I'm getting this in teh first place is so that I have a clear and analytical set to complement the Golds.

They'll certainly do that for you! I mean the affirmative review is right in front of you!
wink.gif

Its treble is pretty tolerable actually. Compared to the Golds, it's like the removal of a veil, but YEMV.

Apr 25, 2011 at 4:01 PM Post #191 of 1,431

Quote:

Overall sound sig: slight emphasis on treble, other than that, the sound is very balanced and clean as a typical BA phone should sound like. For the preorder price of $120, I recommend purchasing these over the TF10’s which has a recessed mid and a overly sparkly treble. not to mention fit issues for many assuming you can live with the sibilance at times.  

$120 where? the pre-order of mp4nation is 140, somewhere else maybe?

Apr 25, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #193 of 1,431

Quote:
how about in a clip+?

The DBA-02 sounds good from a Clip+.  It improves a bit w/ an amp slightly but sounds fine w/ a Clip+ alone.  Assuming the B2 performs like the DBA.  The bigger trick might be fit.

Apr 25, 2011 at 7:40 PM Post #194 of 1,431
Has anyone been able to really compare these with either the M3 or the Phonak Audeo PFE (w green filters)?  Those are my two favorites at the moment but both of them have one big flaw that makes me continue to look for the perfect moderately priced (under 150) IEM.  The Phonaks are just too quiet running straight from my Zune HD and the M3s don't have a chin slider (I need one to wear them at the gym comfortably).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back