Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Apr 2, 2011 at 4:36 AM Post #152 of 1,431

Quote:
looks like i got the other one LOL

biggrin.gif

Apr 4, 2011 at 5:15 AM Post #156 of 1,431
I know it's not in the right thread, but slight consolation for those that missed the $99 B2.

0eb769710b

Coupon code for $119 B2 on mp4nation. Found it online and used it to order mine. No idea where it's from or how long it will last, so you guys know what to do.

Apr 4, 2011 at 2:39 PM Post #158 of 1,431

Quote:
I know it's not in the right thread, but slight consolation for those that missed the $99 B2.

0eb769710b

Coupon code for $119 B2 on mp4nation. Found it online and used it to order mine. No idea where it's from or how long it will last, so you guys know what to do.

Dang... already ordered mine.
Oh well.

Apr 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #159 of 1,431

Quote:
Yes you should be able to get the B2 locally in Singapore, but i can't tell you how much the local price will be or if it will differ in pricing from MP4 Nation at this time.

Looking forward to reading your comparison.

just for your info, seems like the Sing dealer is tagging it as about the same price. good stuff :)

Apr 5, 2011 at 1:12 PM Post #160 of 1,431
And there is still no direct comparison on B2 vs DBA-02 ... Will someone make a proper comparison on them, please. There are many people interested in both products, so please, help us with a proper a/b review . 

Apr 5, 2011 at 2:18 PM Post #162 of 1,431

Quote:
So far, the DBA has been preferred but the B2 will be different for purchaseand more similar to the DBA than the pairs floating around right now . Maybe the same and maybe not but that won't be known until they ship some production units.

Yep... based on a prototype that will be changed for retail.
I will certainly post a comparison once they are in my hands (ears...).
My completely left-field guess (and hope) is that they will sound identical.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:35 PM Post #164 of 1,431

Quote:
And there is still no direct comparison on B2 vs DBA-02 ... Will someone make a proper comparison on them, please. There are many people interested in both products, so please, help us with a proper a/b review . 

I was one of those hoping for a a/b comparison.

But with changes in the production sets, that's going to be quite difficult i think. The review set of the B2 going round has that silver cable that supposedly sounds brighter. And most or the early impressions seem to suggest that the set is a bit too bright. The production model is using the stock non-silver cable. So there is the potential for them to sound entirely different from the review set making the rounds and/or/maybe exactly the same as the DBA-02.

Anyone have news of reviews of the sample with the stock cable?

Apr 7, 2011 at 12:12 AM Post #165 of 1,431
There is no real change in the sound signature apart from the highs being a tad bit less forward.

We will be sending out review units towards the end of this month to online reviewers, we will also make one or two pairs available for the loner program :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back