Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Mar 31, 2011 at 6:13 AM Post #136 of 1,431
How different will the sound become without the silver cable? Was the sibilance really that bad with the different cable?

I do like the cable that the M2 come with, its a firm cable that is better than your aveagre cable.

Maybe you can make some with the silver cable and see how well those sell or wait till more people hear the demo unit before you change to the dba2 cable.

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #137 of 1,431
I believe what MP4 did was to change from the stock cable to try and differentiate theirs more. The brighter cable which works well on their less informative models took an iem that already leans a bit in the same direction and crossed the line. An acceptable 'character' which everything has can quickly become an issue when it's taken too far in the same direction. It really takes very little shift in this situation to be quite noticeable. By using the stock cable, they're taking away an undesirable tweak that just happened not to work out as well as hoped. I believe they decided to not fix something that wasn't broken.

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:18 PM Post #139 of 1,431

Quote:
Is the DBA cable being used? I was under the impression that the apperance of the cable was the same as the silver, it's just copper inside

the cable is different from the DBA-02, more specifically, it is identical to the cabling used in the lower end brainwavz models, honestly, I think it's mistake on brainwavz part.

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:48 PM Post #140 of 1,431
If you're right, then I still think it's better than a brighter silver (plated?) cable but mock up photos look like this. The earlier photo on the site is the original silver cable with a notation that the photo is wrong and a different 'high quality' copper one will be used. Maybe Razz could clarify.

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:51 PM Post #141 of 1,431
huh... it looks like the stock cable on the dba-02

Quote:
If you're right, then I still think it's better than a brighter silver (plated?) cable but mock up photos look like this. The earlier photo on the site is the original silver cable with a notation that the photo is wrong and a different 'high quality' copper one will be used. Maybe Razz could clarify.

Mar 31, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #143 of 1,431
Raz mentioned earlier that he was going to use the stock cable instead of the one that comes with the other Brainwavz earphones.

Mar 31, 2011 at 11:56 PM Post #145 of 1,431
The loaner units have the silver cable, the final version will use the stock ofc copper cable that the factory provides, sorry for any confusion. I don't plan on releasing the B2 with the silver cable, as others pointed out, its not really needed, the benefit that they provide on other Brainwavz models are somewhat counter productive on this model to some. There is also a shortage of the silver cabling, which is what has delayed the next M2 stock, so if we had gone with the silver cabling for the B2 we probably would have run into issues getting enough cabling made.

Apr 1, 2011 at 1:36 PM Post #148 of 1,431
Why do we have to wait until May..........?!?!?!
blink.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:38 PM Post #149 of 1,431

Quote:
So I guess that means the treble spike that some people have been noticing will be gone?  
That sounds good, I'm even more excited for my preorder now =P

This is what i am hoping for. I am on the fence still.

Raz will there be anyone getting the b2 with the copper cable to review before the preorder ends?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back