Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Mar 18, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #106 of 1,431

Quote:
dude, raz, quit sending me teaser mailers! its bad enough that I have to wait two months for these bad boys..
frown.gif

PS: will the headphones cables come sleeved like in the first pic, or are they definitely going to have the twisty black/white ones? any way to request black/red twisties if they arent sleeved?

Not that it's a biggy but I agree the first pic looked better w/ the black cable.  I assume then the black sheathed was the silver cable and the zebra cable is just the default like the DBA cable then?  The black and red is nice on its own.

Mar 18, 2011 at 4:16 PM Post #108 of 1,431
Looking forward to DBA/B2 owners giving us some detailed comparisons considering the FA phone is what will probably be it's chief competitor in sound sig.. I've got the DBA but am very tempted to order the B2 just to hear Brainwavz take on a BA driver.. I'm afraid it might be too similar to the DBA though (or perhaps the DBA being a better phone) to shell out the cash at the moment, though.  I'll wait for the reviews to roll in..

Does the Sony Hybrid tips work on these?  I've found those to be the best fit on the DBAs for my ears..

Mar 18, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #109 of 1,431
Raz
Thanks for the coupon - ordered at USD 120 - just too good to turn down.  Guessing it will take a couple of weeks to get them to NZ - but looking forward to trying them.

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:29 AM Post #111 of 1,431
Sorry if this question was answered but I'll ask it anyway. I have a pair of Brainwavz M3 and I usually listen to some progressive/metal rock (Dream Theater, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Deftones), punk rock (Penny Wise, Rise Against), and some Trance (David Guetta, Chicane, etc).

I'm fine with this earphones, but I want to upgrade them. I want to know the difference of bass between the M3 and the B2. I know that the sound quality is better, but how will the sound would be better having less bass? Are the bass of the M3's false then?

Thanks and excellent review Jocker!

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #112 of 1,431
Can anyone comment on how the bass is on these compared to either a TF10 or UM3x? I'm scared it may not be sufficient for me though I find the TF10s bass heavy and UM3x being just right.

Thanks!

Mar 19, 2011 at 12:46 AM Post #113 of 1,431
I have not heard the UM3X but from memory of the TF10 bass the TF10 should have more bass. I was not able to A/B but I'm pretty sure those who have heard both would agree.

Mar 19, 2011 at 10:51 AM Post #114 of 1,431

Quote:
I have not heard the UM3X but from memory of the TF10 bass the TF10 should have more bass. I was not able to A/B but I'm pretty sure those who have heard both would agree.

I was able to A/B - and the TF10's have a lot more bass, and a decent amount of lower extension.  I haven't heard the UM3X.  Since you consider the TF10's bass heavy - it's hard to tell if you'd like these since there's a big gap between the 2 iem's.  There's good bass quantity in comparison to the Re0 however - I think the amoun's just right.

Mar 19, 2011 at 2:19 PM Post #115 of 1,431
Odd... I keep trying to order a set of these and it keeps crashing my browser. Anyone else having this issue?
Using IE-8 (no joke).
Every time I get onto the MP4Nation site to shop or add to cart... dead crash. 
redface.gif

Mar 19, 2011 at 4:11 PM Post #118 of 1,431

Quote:
Sorry if this question was answered but I'll ask it anyway. I have a pair of Brainwavz M3 and I usually listen to some progressive/metal rock (Dream Theater, Black Sabbath, Iron Maiden, Deftones), punk rock (Penny Wise, Rise Against), and some Trance (David Guetta, Chicane, etc).

I'm fine with this earphones, but I want to upgrade them. I want to know the difference of bass between the M3 and the B2. I know that the sound quality is better, but how will the sound would be better having less bass? Are the bass of the M3's false then?

Thanks and excellent review Jocker!

Any idea?

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:06 PM Post #119 of 1,431

Quote:
aleki said:

Is page compatibility on or off?

I think it's on... what might you recommend?

Mar 19, 2011 at 8:26 PM Post #120 of 1,431

Quote:
I think it's on... what might you recommend?

well, I cant remember since I upgraded to IE9(hardware acceleration is awsome BTW); but I tried it without compatibility and it seems to take me all the way through checkout. also, try buying it through the "in-private" browser; it could be something with your cache(worth a shot atleast). if it doesnt work, it could be an applet that is getting in the way. in that case, it may be best you try a different computer, or browser, if you dont want to make any changes.

FWIW: sometimes the compatibility feature actually gets in the way of some websites if they were coded to work with IE8+(facebook is a prime example). I'd try turning it off atleast..

g/l

Users who are viewing this thread

Back