Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Mar 8, 2011 at 4:06 AM Post #76 of 1,431

Quote:
 I don't really see the target market picking them up for the sake of it

Well that would be true if our client base were predominantly only head-fi members like some other sponsors may have, but we have quite a more diverse base :)

I am having a few different samples made, including the standard twisty cable that dba have and another type of cable, then will compare them all together as well as take into all your feedback before i make any decision if a change in the cable should be necessary.

Mar 8, 2011 at 10:34 AM Post #77 of 1,431
I know this is pretty obnoxious thing to ask...
but do we have any idea of the price of the price range?
Also,
This:

Quote:
TREBLE – The one thing that surprised me, and not good at first – is that there’s a pretty large treble spike in the mid-highs. It literally made me wince the first time I tried them. You’d be listening to a song – and when it hit a certain high note, the volume goes way up. Uncomfortably. I did a lot of experimenting with tips and my impedance adapter, and I thought the impedance adapter might have improved the situation. But it didn’t. I did some back to back listening, and I realized that the spike was still there. I just must have gotten adjusted to it! Besides that – the treble is really quality, forward and aggressive. There’s good detail, but not the best I’ve heard. The treble doesn’t extend as far as some iem’s but it’s still prominent.

Rankings: Re0>TF10>B2>M3>CX500>M2>=M1

MIDS – The mids are solid. Forward, but not quite so forward as the treble. Not thick or warm, just clear and detailed. Vocals will sound very pleasant and accurate. ‘Nuff said.

Rankings: Re0>B2>M2>M3>M1>=CX500>TF10

BASS – The bass is very pleasant. A PERFECT quantity for me. Bassheads need not apply, but everyone else should be thrilled, the bass is punchy and detailed. I’m going to rank the bass better than that of the M2’s and M3’s because even though there’s less quantity, it’s of better quality. The one drawback is that it doesn’t extend too deep.

Rankings: TF10>B2>M2>M3>Re0>CX500>=M1

Was posted on mp4nation.net. From those rankings, it would seem that the RE0 still manages to outperform the B2 in trebles and mids. I was hoping some other reviewers could share their opinions.

Mar 8, 2011 at 11:51 AM Post #78 of 1,431

Quote:
I think I'll be against pairing up the B2 with OFC cable. If done so, B2 would be even more like the DBA 02. Though DBA 02 have issues in availability, I don't think it is necessary for Brainwavz to create a product that similar.

DBA 02 do hold it's own in the Head-fi community and has a rather favorable reputation, but considering that majority of the people that are already interested in them already own a pair or have at least try them enough to know them well enough. If the reviews of the final product concludes that the difference in DBA 02 and B2 are too subtle, I don't really see the target market picking them up for the sake of it.

[size=10pt]I'm going to have to disagree with this.[/size]

[size=10pt]Aiming for the DBA-02’s sonic signature is not a bad way to go. They are remarkable, and to achieve their excellence would be a worthwhile endevour.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]To ‘improve’ on their abilities would be quite a feat, and those who own and / or appreciate the DBA-02 would probably line up for something ‘similar-but-better’.[/size]
[size=10pt][/size]
[size=10pt]('Imporve', of course grossly unspecific and obviously a matter of opinion... as is this entire post)[/size]

Mar 8, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #79 of 1,431

Quote:
I know this is pretty obnoxious thing to ask...
but do we have any idea of the price of the price range?
Also,
This:

Was posted on mp4nation.net. From those rankings, it would seem that the RE0 still manages to outperform the B2 in trebles and mids. I was hoping some other reviewers could share their opinions.

That was my review posted and my opinion.  I doubt anybody would argue that the Re0 treble is better than the B2's - there's much better extension, it's not harsh and there's incredible clarity and detail.  The Re0 mids vs the B2 mids are going to be more controversial - and I'm curious to see what others think.  For me, I still thought the Re0 had better clarity and detail and won out.  In my opinion, the quality of the mids between those 2 iems is close - no doubt.

Mar 13, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #82 of 1,431
At this point we most likely will be proceeding with the standard twisty cable for the B2, the lack of supply of our normal silver OFC cable was more of the reason we need to go back to the normal cabling, but overall the sound signature will not be different, except that the highs will be slightly less bright, which might be better for the B2 overall reception.

Mar 15, 2011 at 3:15 AM Post #84 of 1,431
We will be doing a formal announcement later this week, with it pricing, as well as a preorder - i think people will quite like the overall pricing and will be thrilled at the preorder deal we will have up :)

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #86 of 1,431
Well not that cheap, but the special preorder pricing will be quite tempting, even after the special pricing ends the normal preorder price will be quite tempting. The reason i want to offer them quite low to begin with is to have as many people get these right away to build interest, we will take the hit in the margins in hope that the intial buyers will come back to places like head-fi and tell others how good the earphones are, thereby generating more interest (pretty basic marketing :wink:

Mar 16, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #87 of 1,431
Sure hope I'm able to review them soon...

Mar 16, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #88 of 1,431

Quote:
Well not that cheap, but the special preorder pricing will be quite tempting, even after the special pricing ends the normal preorder price will be quite tempting. The reason i want to offer them quite low to begin with is to have as many people get these right away to build interest, we will take the hit in the margins in hope that the intial buyers will come back to places like head-fi and tell others how good the earphones are, thereby generating more interest (pretty basic marketing :wink:

im pretty sure these will be a hit if it sounds almost like the dba02 while being significantly cheaper :)
when is the exact date you will be accepting preorder?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back