Brainwavz B2 Impressions & Discussion Thread
Feb 21, 2011 at 10:55 AM Post #31 of 1,431
Hi all,new here,but I am a regular over on mp4nation.net :) I'm on the loaner program for these as well,and put up a non technical review(not everyone understands the tech jargon used on here,I feel its needed to balance it out a bit for the average joe/jane). I found the B2's to be fine monitors(I own a home studio), and agree with |joker| on just about every point he has made, except I dont find the treble end to be harsh at all, just a matter of using the right tips to balance it out :wink:. I doubt it from what I'm reading on here,but if anyone is interested in my non technical review,heres the link :
http://www.mp4nation.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21493

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:58 PM Post #32 of 1,431
Welcome to Head-fi!

Not everyone one on here needs a technical review, that one leaves you in no doubt that they're good though it does pose the question, what exactly are you comparing them to? Your last paragraph is a bold claim considering the quality of other headphones/IEM's out there.

Feb 21, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #33 of 1,431
For comparisons,I only compared them to the other iem's in the Brainwavz series,as I assume that is the audience that these are trying to reach on mp4nation.I stand by the last paragraph,as I had/still have quite a few good pairs of iem's to compare them to(my profile list isnt even the tip of the iceburg,as my store sells and gets access to many of the top names in headphones). I was pleasantly surprised by the B2's,as they will possibly compare to much more expensive iem's out there,as seems to be the trend with the Brainwavz series,hopefully continued with these.I look forward to the other views on these,as I'm certainly no pro with reviewing headphones,and I'm learning from each well written one I read :)

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:04 PM Post #34 of 1,431
I enjoyed the review. Not all reviews have to include technical jargon which although I don't like myself I still use it since it is difficult to describe things without the use of those terms.

After reading the mp4nation review as well as some of the following posts I suspect I am next to get the B2 in your possession as I am fairly close to the Bronx.

Feb 21, 2011 at 9:50 PM Post #35 of 1,431
Actually,mine are going to a gentleman in Fresh Meadows,NY when I get back from my business trip :) Thanks for the reply,as I'm not to heavy into the jargon either,but have to agree that it is necessary sometimes to explain what some headphones sound like,just as long as it dosent get over done.

Quote:
I enjoyed the review. Not all reviews have to include technical jargon which although I don't like myself I still use it since it is difficult to describe things without the use of those terms.

After reading the mp4nation review as well as some of the following posts I suspect I am next to get the B2 in your possession as I am fairly close to the Bronx.

Feb 21, 2011 at 10:02 PM Post #36 of 1,431
My last comment stands :p I was told I would be next and assumed it was the other head-fi member until I saw that you had them and from New York as well.

Feb 22, 2011 at 11:48 PM Post #38 of 1,431
Rawrster will be the next to get the B2 for the head-fi portion of the loaner program. I shall list on the loaner thread the order in which people will get the units. If you have not asked to be part of the loaner program but are interested then please head over to this thread to express your interest: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/537062/brainwavz-dual-balanced-armature-loaner-audition-program-reviewers-wanted

Feb 23, 2011 at 12:38 AM Post #39 of 1,431
Rawrster will be the next to get the B2 for the head-fi portion of the loaner program. I shall list on the loaner thread the order in which people will get the units. If you have not asked to be part of the loaner program but are interested then please head over to this thread to express your interest: http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/537062/brainwavz-dual-balanced-armature-loaner-audition-program-reviewers-wanted
Would it be possible for you to do the same thing for the M3 program? I'm still unsure whether I was picked for the review program or not.

Feb 23, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #41 of 1,431
Feb 24, 2011 at 2:02 PM Post #42 of 1,431
So I picked up my review unit of the B2 earlier today after meeting up with dragon2knight. Impressions to come later today or so.

Isolation with the Monster triple flanges are quite good and should be one of the better isolating earphones. Also it's the typical cable that comes with the other Brainwavz series such as the M2 and M3 but there is no chin slider which is quite annoying like in the other series.

Feb 24, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #43 of 1,431
So I met up with dragon2knight today and have a bit of a chat as well as him trying out my CK10. It was definitely a pleasure since I didn't have to deal with shipping.

For those of you who believe in burn in the previous user told me he put on at least 150 hours so no worries here. I suspect that I will not hear a difference from now and when I have to send them off.

The B2 (is that the official name?) exhibits some similarities to the CK10 however it is very much different like how the DBA-02 is different than the CK10 although using the same drivers. Bass extension on the CK10 is a bit better but I have not tried any test tones. I'd say the bass on the B2 has a bit more quantity than the CK10 but I'll need to do some direct comparisons with the same tips. Texture and detail is pretty good so far but I'll need a bit more time to adjust to the signature.

Midrange is fairly nicely detailed so far. I don't hear anything from the bass creeping in the midrange so none of that here. Clarity is pretty good here similar to what I expected. There is a bit of a midrange forwardness but it is not excessive like how the CK100 was. It's a small step and not too large.

I have some issues with the treble here. There is definitely a spike in the treble but I am not sure how much yet but it is around the same range as the CK10 however I feel that the B2 is a bit more bright than the CK10. The good thing is that the range I am talking about is past the typical area where a peak would cause sibilance. That area is usually the upper midrange so I don't get anything out of the normal. Sibilant tracks are still sibilant and tracks without sibilance still do not have it.

More to come..

Feb 25, 2011 at 1:17 AM Post #45 of 1,431

It was nice to have met rawrster as well :) The CK-10's were alot nicer than I expected them to be,and I appreciated the chance to try them out. B2 will be the official name for them as well. :)
Quote:
So I met up with dragon2knight today and have a bit of a chat as well as him trying out my CK10. It was definitely a pleasure since I didn't have to deal with shipping.

For those of you who believe in burn in the previous user told me he put on at least 150 hours so no worries here. I suspect that I will not hear a difference from now and when I have to send them off.

The B2 (is that the official name?) exhibits some similarities to the CK10 however it is very much different like how the DBA-02 is different than the CK10 although using the same drivers. Bass extension on the CK10 is a bit better but I have not tried any test tones. I'd say the bass on the B2 has a bit more quantity than the CK10 but I'll need to do some direct comparisons with the same tips. Texture and detail is pretty good so far but I'll need a bit more time to adjust to the signature.

Midrange is fairly nicely detailed so far. I don't hear anything from the bass creeping in the midrange so none of that here. Clarity is pretty good here similar to what I expected. There is a bit of a midrange forwardness but it is not excessive like how the CK100 was. It's a small step and not too large.

I have some issues with the treble here. There is definitely a spike in the treble but I am not sure how much yet but it is around the same range as the CK10 however I feel that the B2 is a bit more bright than the CK10. The good thing is that the range I am talking about is past the typical area where a peak would cause sibilance. That area is usually the upper midrange so I don't get anything out of the normal. Sibilant tracks are still sibilant and tracks without sibilance still do not have it.

More to come..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back