Brainwavz Audio B400 4-Way Quad Driver 3D Printed IEM
Nov 23, 2017 at 10:22 AM Post #602 of 1,463
Glad you're enjoying our little creation. I don't have any plans for a 2 pin version at the moment and right now.

We will have two B400 product pages, the current one at normal retail pricing for IN STOCK units, the other page will be for the special B400 preorder for Black Friday, once the sale period is over that product page will be removed, eventually (probably sooner than later) the current in stock B400 will sell out and then we will move it to a preorder at the same preorder pricing as before.

and just a hint and a wink to all your headfiers, for our black friday sale we will have a storewide discount coupon which WILL NOT work on the B400, however the discount code in my signature below mayyyy just work on the B400 :wink:

No bundles this year? Remember when i get a HM2, Hengja, and that small amp for a really nice price altogether!

Nov 23, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #603 of 1,463
No bundles this year? Remember when i get a HM2, Hengja, and that small amp for a really nice price altogether!

We may have one as part of our xmas deals after cyber monday is over, but ever since we moved all our loose stock pick/pack shipping from in house to a third party warehouse, we aren't really able to do these bundle offers like we used to as the third party warehousing system doesn't do well with mixed single product bundles. Ironically we outsourced this portion of our warehousing so that we could make the new workshop from which the B400 is made in.

FYI as it is now Friday in Hong Kong our black friday deals are up and running:
https://www.brainwavzaudio.com/blogs/news/brainwavz-black-friday-2017-deals-now-live

Nov 23, 2017 at 12:58 PM Post #605 of 1,463
My black friday order for the B400 has been completed. Thanks for the discount code; it has worked fine.

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:38 PM Post #607 of 1,463
Well, at that BF pre-order price I'd be a total fool not to buy it, especially with the disc... :wink:

I have to say 'thanks' to Razzer for the quick updates and interaction here on Head-Fi... been great dealing with you!

Nov 23, 2017 at 3:44 PM Post #609 of 1,463
I read your post - you'll be a little surprised when you see the measurements. Could be my pair. I was surprised how much sub-bass roll-off there is. B400 has a lot more sub-bass. B200 v2 still sounds very good, but there is no doubt that it is comparatively quite sub-bass light. Hoepfully I'll have review up over the weekend.

If the B400 has more sub bass I'll be in heaven

Nov 23, 2017 at 4:29 PM Post #610 of 1,463
2 days in and I'm really enjoying these B400s. For my personal tastes, this was exactly the kind of IEM I was looking for. Coming from things like the LZ A4 and the iBasso IT03, it's so nice to have an IEM that's comfortable to wear all day.

I didn't like what Comply tips did to the sound. I'm going to bite the bullet and try some Shure foam tips on these and hope they don't dampen the highs as much.

Can yu share your thoughts about B400 vs IT03?

For me IT03 are pretty good overall, but unforgiving with sibilances. Also not the best with vocals.

Nov 23, 2017 at 10:21 PM Post #611 of 1,463
Should have waited for the Black Friday sale, but I'm still happy with these.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:00 AM Post #612 of 1,463
I ordered the stay frosty version of the b400 today. Is there a rough time frame as to when they begin to ship out? I wish I would've noticed that there was stock before I preordered, ugh. I would've gladly paid 30 more dollars to get them sent immediately.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:23 AM Post #613 of 1,463
I ordered the stay frosty version of the b400 today. Is there a rough time frame as to when they begin to ship out? I wish I would've noticed that there was stock before I preordered, ugh. I would've gladly paid 30 more dollars to get them sent immediately.

Right now i do not have a specific date, just mid to late Dec, as it gets closer to that period we will be able to have a more specific date.

Should you want to cancel the order, please contact our support team and they will help to get the order promptly refunded.

In other news our MMCX cable with mic/remote just arrived, it should be on our site soon :)

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:38 AM Post #614 of 1,463
Right now i do not have a specific date, just mid to late Dec, as it gets closer to that period we will be able to have a more specific date.

Should you want to cancel the order, please contact our support team and they will help to get the order promptly refunded.

In other news our MMCX cable with mic/remote just arrived, it should be on our site soon :)
Thank you for your prompt response @razzer001. I will contact support and see what we can work out. I very much want to have your B400's in my ears as soon as possible!! The good Lord didn't bless me with patience, and my work Christmas bonus is burning a hole in my wallet, haha.

Nov 24, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #615 of 1,463
Can yu share your thoughts about B400 vs IT03?

For me IT03 are pretty good overall, but unforgiving with sibilances. Also not the best with vocals.

Quite different tonal presentation - the IT03 has got a strong sub-bass whereas the B400 focuses more on the midbass, with a bit of warmth and fullness (not too much). The IT03 has got a bright midrange (elevated upper mids) whereas the B400's is not bright. The IT03 has got an upper treble emphasis whereas the B400 is a bit on the darker side here.

Sibilance shouldn't be a problem with the B400 at all (as long as it is't way overdone on the recording).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back