BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 1, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #872 of 1,701
Shouldn't be a problem, with the caveat that I have no idea what you're playing or how loud. :ksc75smile:
Thanks once more. I am listening to everything actually. I will try and see how it goes

Dec 2, 2019 at 5:58 PM Post #873 of 1,701
Yay KB1 in mailbox. Man, this box is *tiny*. Cables look like they got a bit kinked from being packed, but they're mirror images of each other so maybe not. Stock/medium tips definitely got a bit squashed but no real loss because small fits better (and I'm probably gonna' mess around with swapping tips anyhow). Quick initial thoughts from just listening to whatever random songs queued up next off my cross-genre jumble of a default music playlist...
  • Definitely tasty! Feels like an ever-so-slightly bassier and warmer C10, just as an off-the-cuff quick impression; going off memory here, admittedly, and some of it is probably contrast given the C10's bank of BAs and the KB1's second DD. Not super bassy, just a bit meatier perhaps. The bass was my one real (minor) concern when I nabbed these, while I wasn't concerned about getting skull-shaking thumpage it did seem to be one of the bassier models from what I'd read and I'm pleased my concern was unnecessary. If anything my tastes lean ever so slightly to the bright side of relatively flat/neutral (mmm them details) but several years of being a percussionist and three playing the bass drum in high school marching band left their mark and I do love a good visceral bass kick.
  • Why the heck is "Hybrid technology" printed upside-down anyhow?
  • Sound stage isn't omghuge but it's pretty good for an IEM. No melody lines or instruments getting a little too intimate with their neighbors either.
  • Mildly hissy on the BT10 but not unreasonably so. Was hoping they'd be noticeably less so than the C10 since they've got fewer BAs and fewer drives in general, but oh well. Probably still leaving them on the BT10 anyhow - the C10 might be marginally more crisply detailed (it's pretty dang close though, so honestly not sure) but for outdoor usage that's gonna' get a bit mangled and these feel more durable. (Plus this way I can avoid figuring out whether or not the stock cable's actually kinked or not. :p )
  • Heh heh they magnetically react to each other if you push them around flat on a table. Don't think any of my other IEMs have done that.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2019 at 6:17 PM Post #874 of 1,701
Yay package in mailbox. Man, this box is *tiny*. Cables look like they got a bit kinked from being packed, but they're mirror images of each other so maybe not. Stock/medium tips definitely got a bit squashed but no real loss because small fits better (and I'm probably gonna' mess around with swapping tips anyhow). Quick initial thoughts from just listening to whatever random songs queued up next off my cross-genre jumble of a default music playlist...
  • Definitely tasty! Feels like an ever-so-slightly bassier and warmer C10, just as an off-the-cuff quick impression; going off memory here, admittedly, and some of it is probably contrast given the C10's bank of BAs and the KB1's second DD. Not super bassy, just a bit meatier perhaps. The bass was my one real (minor) concern when I nabbed these, while I wasn't concerned about getting skull-shaking thumpage it did seem to be one of the bassier models from what I'd read and I'm pleased my concern was unnecessary. If anything my tastes lean ever so slightly to the bright side of relatively flat/neutral (mmm them details) but several years of being a percussionist and three playing the bass drum in high school marching band left their mark and I do love a good visceral bass kick.
  • Why the heck is "Hybrid technology" printed upside-down anyhow?
  • Sound stage isn't omghuge but it's pretty good for an IEM. No melody lines or instruments getting a little too intimate with their neighbors either.
  • Mildly hissy on the BT10 but not unreasonably so. Was hoping they'd be noticeably less so than the C10 since they've got fewer BAs and fewer drives in general, but oh well. Probably still leaving them on the BT10 anyhow - the C10 might be marginally more crisply detailed (it's pretty dang close though, so honestly not sure) but for outdoor usage that's gonna' get a bit mangled and these feel more durable. (Plus this way I can avoid figuring out whether or not the stock cable's actually kinked or not. :p )
  • Heh heh they magnetically react to each other if you push them around flat on a table. Don't think any of my other IEMs have done that.

Sooo, it would help to know what IEM you're talking about lol

Dec 2, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #875 of 1,701
Sooo, it would help to know what IEM you're talking about lol
The only one I've mentioned in this thread, duh. :p Sorry, had mentioned it in the first draft of the post but forgot to re-add it. The KB1. I'll go edit now.

Dec 2, 2019 at 11:09 PM Post #877 of 1,701
Amazing that I didn't ever notice the writing was upside down. Hrmph!

They sound good though. Broke em out tonight in your honor.
Could be worse, my tfz tequila has "high resolusion" audio on it. Thank God blon doesn't put much on their units.....

Dec 3, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #878 of 1,701
I apologise I know its not the right thread but I just decided to sell my BQEYZ Spring1.
Since I rarely use it I'll give it up for lot less than I paid for. Everything in perfect condition, I didn't have time (I forgot) to burn them in so maybe they have like 20-30 hours, so basicly almost new.
If interested and in EU, pm me for more details.

Dec 3, 2019 at 2:27 PM Post #879 of 1,701
Any advice to have a best fit with spring 1? Diy tips?... But no comply

Dec 3, 2019 at 4:50 PM Post #882 of 1,701
As far as silicon goes, I like the Spiral Dots. But right now I'm using Flares Audiophile Earfoams, and they work super well for me.
I don't know. Will try these
Thanks

Last edited:
Dec 4, 2019 at 6:06 AM Post #885 of 1,701
Received the Spring 1 from AE 11.11 sale. Very happy with the elegant retail package, superb build quality. The metal housings feel rock solid and hefty in hand, still they're very comfortable to wear. The weight isn't noticible once wearing in ear.

Initial listening setup #1: Discman TOSLINK out > Muse Mini TDA1543 DAC (not modded) > RCA cables > Loxjie P20 balanced out; Approx. 20 hours of burn-in beforehand; Setup #2: Shanling M3s balancd out

Cables: Electro acousti OCC copper cables, 2.5mm balanced, also from AE 11.11 sale

Tip rolling: Stock reference tips didn't give me good seal. Currently using some AliExpress $1 grey foam tips. They have very wide bore and achieve good seal for my ears. Have yet to tried my fav. tips - KZ Starlines.

Sound: Spring 1's are pleasing and fun sounding IEMs. Highs are detailed, not veiled and have a bit of sparkles. Female vocals don't sound recessed. Instrument timbre is quite natural. Bass is what you'd expect from dynamic driver, they can rumble when the music calls for it. Soundstage is spacious and have good instrucment seperation.

Saxophone and piano in Dave Brubeck Quartet - At Carnegie Hall sound realistic through the Spring 1. Drum solos in that album sound dynamic and not compressed.

Pairing with the P20's high impedance output, I didn't notice changes in Spring 1's tonality, compared with Shanling's output. Big bonus point to the Spring 1.

Interesting tidbits: Other brands of Chi-fi IEMs (Whizzer, KZ) may give the wearer mild electrical shocks through the IEMs' metal housing, when connected to an AC-powered desktop amp. Happy to report that BQEYZ team uses proper insulation on the Spring 1. No shocks! Noise isolation isn't their strength. Can attract quite a bit of wind noise on a windy day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back