BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2019 at 9:27 AM Post #902 of 1,701
You're probably all tired of answering this question, but how does the KB100 compare to 2019 favourites like the ZS-10 Pro and the ZSX/C12/V90?

Seems to me that it is facing down those sub-$50 titans. I haven't pulled the trigger on KB100 because I haven't seen it at $39 during sales. But it seems like it may be a more 'musical' and maybe even 'analogue' entrant in that market.

It still sounds very, very rolled-off in the highs but otherwise very good. More natural sounding than all the somwhat artifical sounding hybrids you mentioned, with a flatter response.

If you like detail, the Tin T2 is preferable imo in this price range.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #903 of 1,701
Thanks, citral. I'll have to pick one up if I sell some of my less-performing hybrids.

I've heard so much about the Spring 1, its greatness and its problems. I'm excited about the thought that in 2020, they might release something with the Spring 1's strengths, and fewer of its issues.

Dec 13, 2019 at 4:44 PM Post #904 of 1,701
I have tried the Faaeal Hibiscus Litz cable on the KB1, KB100 and BQ3.

On the KB1 it makes them sound much better but there is a loud hissing sound in the background.

On the BQ3 they sound the best and I don't remember hearing a hissing sound. They have a wider soundstage and details are more clearer. It's pretty remarkable.

On the KB100, I find the cable makes them sound worse. Others should double check as well cause I think you'll find the same unfortunate problem compared to the stock cable which is not worth changing cause BQEYZ knows what they are doing. (The stock cable isn't perfect, tho. If you know a better one...)

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 6:33 PM Post #905 of 1,701
Got the Spring 1 today. Spent a few hours on the way with my smartphone. Tomorrow they well be fed from a powerful DAP.

First impression :
I hoped these sounded as good as they looked. Cable is top notch, confortable around the ear, solid 2pin connectors. The IEM shells look and feel amazing, premium quality to the touch. Got a very good seal with Final E tips clear. I thought ok, let's start ! ...and nothing. Flat sound, without much personnality or the little something that gives an IEM a specific taste. Very thin midrange. In one word: boring.

I will wait until I give them real power tomorrow. Maybe switching tips. Or doing the mesh mod.

Quite disappointed so far...to say the least.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 9:40 PM Post #906 of 1,701
Got the Spring 1 today. Spent a few hours on the way with my smartphone.

First impression :
I thought ok, let's start! ...and nothing. Flat sound, without much personnality or the little something that gives an IEM a specific taste. Very thin midrange. In one word: boring.

Quite disappointed so far...to say the least.
That's sad to hear :frowning2: as some say they are an upgraded KB100, which is stellar. How can they make an iem worse than that piece of perfection?

I hope the BQ6 doesn't suffer the same fate.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #907 of 1,701
Flat sound, without much personnality or the little something that gives an IEM a specific taste. Very thin midrange. In one word: boring.

Flat sound...sounds like a lack of power. The Spring 1 is not easy to drive. Of course even with a good source the stock Spring 1 has its issues, but being flat is not one of them : )

Dec 14, 2019 at 10:41 PM Post #908 of 1,701
Spring 1 is balanced iem, and have smooth profile. But they arent flat. Try to burn them and pair with good source, they are indeed not so easy to drive.
Or do you happen used to V shaped sound signature?

Dec 15, 2019 at 3:50 AM Post #909 of 1,701
Flat sound...sounds like a lack of power. The Spring 1 is not easy to drive. Of course even with a good source the stock Spring 1 has its issues, but being flat is not one of them : )
I will give them power later this afternoon, let's see.

Dec 15, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #910 of 1,701
Spring 1 is balanced iem, and have smooth profile. But they arent flat. Try to burn them and pair with good source, they are indeed not so easy to drive.
Or do you happen used to V shaped sound signature?
I think they indeed need power and good source. Will try with 2 powerful DAPs. I actually am not a V shaped sound lover only, my favorite IEM being Fibae Black and Final E5000. I do like the Sony N3, though.

Dec 15, 2019 at 4:02 AM Post #911 of 1,701
That's sad to hear :frowning2: as some say they are an upgraded KB100, which is stellar. How can they make an iem woese than that piece of perfection?

I hope the BQ6 doesn't suffer the same fate.
I just posted some early impression, right of the box and with a smartphone. I wanted to use the Spring 1 as my new "commuting" set. I am quite a critical guy, hard to satisfy... I will listen to them with a "portable home" set-up and will report later.

The built quality and cable are stunning, the Spring 1 are really pretty!

Dec 15, 2019 at 7:23 AM Post #912 of 1,701
I just posted some early impression, right of the box and with a smartphone. I wanted to use the Spring 1 as my new "commuting" set. I am quite a critical guy, hard to satisfy... I will listen to them with a "portable home" set-up and will report later.

The built quality and cable are stunning, the Spring 1 are really pretty!

Now I know why. Yes the Spring 1 isn't easy to drive, more over from a smartphone. And try to burn in first and tips rolling, they need short eartips, final E will bloated the bass, i think I write in my reviews. Try others first, before (if you want to) do grill mods, and they need EQ on bass to make sub bass bigger and reduce the mid bass hump. Goodluck, hope you like them

Dec 15, 2019 at 8:34 AM Post #913 of 1,701
Now I know why. Yes the Spring 1 isn't easy to drive, more over from a smartphone. And try to burn in first and tips rolling, they need short eartips, final E will bloated the bass, i think I write in my reviews. Try others first, before (if you want to) do grill mods, and they need EQ on bass to make sub bass bigger and reduce the mid bass hump. Goodluck, hope you like them
Thanks for the comment. Final E Clear is much stiffer than the other E series and somehow don't add the effect of bloating up the bass. I have JVC Spiral dots on hand, will try them. Then, if needed, in last resort, grill mod.

I don't EQ anymore. My philosophy. The IEMs I have kept don't need any EQ with my DAPs of choice. I used to EQ with Cowon Plenue M2 and the Jet Effect. It was really good, but my present DAPs outclass the PM2 in terms of SQ, even with EQ. That is the reason why.

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2019 at 9:22 AM Post #914 of 1,701
Thanks for the comment. Final E Clear is much stiffer than the other E series and somehow don't add the effect of bloating up the bass. I have JVC Spiral dots on hand, will try them. Then, if needed, in last resort, grill mod.

I don't EQ anymore. My philosophy. The IEMs I have kept don't need any EQ with my DAPs of choice. I used to EQ with Cowon Plenue M2 and the Jet Effect. It was really good, but my present DAPs outclass the PM2 in terms of SQ, even with EQ. That is the reason why.

I also was an EQ guy but now EQ is my last behind the sleeve trick. But Spring 1 have bigger mid bass than subbass.

And suggestion : never use spiral dots with spring 1, they become more dull and lifeless because they smoothen the already smooth highs so they dont pair well. I end up using sedna short light.
The reference tips from BQEYZ actually is great if you can get decent fit, i was unlucky my ear canal still need half size bigger than L size.
Well try to burn in, pair with more juice DAP, tips rolling, hopefully you can enjoy best of Spring 1

Dec 15, 2019 at 10:14 AM Post #915 of 1,701
I also was an EQ guy but now EQ is my last behind the sleeve trick. But Spring 1 have bigger mid bass than subbass.

And suggestion : never use spiral dots with spring 1, they become more dull and lifeless because they smoothen the already smooth highs so they dont pair well. I end up using sedna short light.
The reference tips from BQEYZ actually is great if you can get decent fit, i was unlucky my ear canal still need half size bigger than L size.
Well try to burn in, pair with more juice DAP, tips rolling, hopefully you can enjoy best of Spring 1
I will try all the tips I have at hand, approx. 10 different pairs, and decide after. I heard you about the JVC Spiral dots. I will check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back