BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2019 at 11:47 PM Post #886 of 1,701
So now that I have my Spring1 back from loomisjohnson (he had a great succinct review at the blog) I decided to remove the entire mesh screen grill for a quick test. While I don't feel it really changed the issue with the bass, it is still pretty woolly because the boost begins rather early into the lower mids-actually it decreases the sub-bass a little, it does increase the upper midrange peak and treble quite a bit to give the impression of less bass. What is interesting is how drastic the tube coupler resonance all of sudden shows up, I don't really hear this peak. I think it is fine with the mesh because the boost is just right. They do have a filter over the BA, it would be nice if there was a source of those somewhere on ALI. Micropore tape on the nozzle could be an option, but harder to work with. Anyway, here is measurement.

Also, after listening to the SImgot EN700pro and 700bass which has a fantastic bass profile that I love, the Spring1 bass issues are very apparent when listening to Tool Forty six and 2 for example. It's not a deal breaker, I just find that for rock type music I prefer the bass of the Simgot.

When you measure a lot, and always correlate the graphs with your hearing....after a while, you can draw the graphs from what you hear. It was obvious to my ears that the exaggerated midrange (after screen removal) attempted to cover up the wooly bass.

Dec 8, 2019 at 11:10 PM Post #889 of 1,701
Can any of the BQEYZ models compare with Blon BL-03 in sound signature but with more treble presence?

Dec 9, 2019 at 12:32 AM Post #890 of 1,701
Can any of the BQEYZ models compare with Blon BL-03 in sound signature but with more treble presence?
I heard someone say they dont listen to the Blon anymore because their BQEYZ's are much better. I have the KB100 and BQ3 and both are must buys.

Dec 9, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #892 of 1,701

with more treble? no. bqeyz IEMs usually is very safe on treble part, they are details but not intense. Their treble is smooth and some is rolled off

Dec 9, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #893 of 1,701
Spring 1 would certainly be an upgrade over the Blon, but it comes with both a higher price tag and plenty of caveats

I do have Spring1, I just enjoy blon way more. Emphasis in sub bass opposed to mid bass is more appealing to me, and when I elevate the treble just a bit in EQ which is a must for me to get details I'm also getting sibilance which is annoying. I haven't tried any of the mods with grill just tiprolled and cable swaps but no effect.

Dec 9, 2019 at 10:50 AM Post #894 of 1,701
I do have Spring1, I just enjoy blon way more. Emphasis in sub bass opposed to mid bass is more appealing to me, and when I elevate the treble just a bit in EQ which is a must for me to get details I'm also getting sibilance which is annoying. I haven't tried any of the mods with grill just tiprolled and cable swaps but no effect.

Yeah, I find EQ across the FR a must for the Spring 1.

Dec 9, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #896 of 1,701
lembeh-resort.jpg

Dec 12, 2019 at 9:30 PM Post #897 of 1,701
You're probably all tired of answering this question, but how does the KB100 compare to 2019 favourites like the ZS-10 Pro and the ZSX/C12/V90?

Seems to me that it is facing down those sub-$50 titans. I haven't pulled the trigger on KB100 because I haven't seen it at $39 during sales. But it seems like it may be a more 'musical' and maybe even 'analogue' entrant in that market.

Dec 13, 2019 at 1:25 AM Post #898 of 1,701
You're probably all tired of answering this question, but how does the KB100 compare to 2019 favourites like the ZS-10 Pro and the ZSX/C12/V90?

Seems to me that it is facing down those sub-$50 titans. I haven't pulled the trigger on KB100 because I haven't seen it at $39 during sales. But it seems like it may be a more 'musical' and maybe even 'analogue' entrant in that market.
It's not facing down those cheap earphones, the KB100 has beat them at their own game. KZ either doesnt know how to put out a good earphone or cares more about profit then giving peoples ears high quality sound like BQEYZ does.

If you're looking for a sale on the KB100, don't waste your time. The regular price is a superb deal.

Last edited:
Dec 13, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #899 of 1,701

wow at that asnwer.. thats bold.

I will put KB100 on same grade with ZSX and V90 here. ZS10 Pro is out of league because of metallic sounding for me and brighter.

Sub bass : V90 >ZSX>KB100 here the KB100 sub bass not really presence, they have sub bass roll off
Mid bass : V90 > KB100 > ZSX KB100 is slam with clean and great texture and articulation along with good decay speed.
Mids : KB100 > ZSX > V90 . KB100 has nice, clear, forwarded mids and their presentation is very smooth. V90 is the most recessed mids from all of 3
Upper Mids : KB100 > ZSX > V90. non fatigue uppermids with KB100, the ZSX and V90 also safe but sound harsher compared to KB100
Highs : for me KB100 > V90 > ZSX . depends if you are treble head, you may like v90 presentation with their extended and detailed trebles, while KB100 more smooth and relax. ZSX also same with rolled off treble here but KB100 still smoother on notes.
Soundstage & Imaging : KB100 = ZSX > v90 they are about the same but ZSX a little bit wider but a bit artificial sounding (surround effect), KB100 more natural sounding with great imaging. V90 not much left behind about the same also wide but imaging maybe better on those 2
Separation : ZSX > V90 > KB100

They are really great set for $50 range with slightly different presentation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back