BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 22, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #151 of 1,701
Shakespeare says: you are earphone superman if you have found a solution/the red filter worked.
it isn't that the red filter doesn't work, it does. Unfortunately it takes out more than just the spike which is its downfall.
if the red nylon would cut 2.5-3.2k only, then it would would be a Godsend for Chi-fi.

Mar 22, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #152 of 1,701
Which BQEYZ model is better than the KZ AS10? Aliexpress has a big sale in a week!

I wont use "better" words, since AS10 is still 1 of KZ's flagship, and good technically, with BQEYZ you will get that smoothness, fatique free details. Expect same a little bit mid bass bleed just like KZs, better imaging overall. BQ3 more v shaped, while KB100 is mid forwarded, mids more presence than AS10, safe from peak high mid around 2.5khz (although AS10 is better than old KZs and ZSN). I got both AS10 and KB100, i dont have BQ3.

Nah, ZSN really doesn’t have high treble peaks. Not like the ZS5 v2 or ZS6. But even those aren’t as bad as people make them out to be. It just depends on how sensitive you are; some more than others.

this is right, a lot of people cant differentiate between peaky treble or high mids, ZSN suffer from high mid peak that usual 2.5-3khz region.

Mar 22, 2019 at 11:59 AM Post #153 of 1,701
it isn't that the red filter doesn't work, it does. Unfortunately it takes out more than just the spike which is its downfall.
if the red nylon would cut 2.5-3.2k only, then it would would be a Godsend for Chi-fi.

This is why KZ (and almost all of the budget IEM manufactures) are shooting themselves in the foot by not using BA tuning filters.

Just having loads of BA drivers with open nozzles just shooting wide open into the output nozzle (and in many cases directly below the nozzle mesh) is a bad idea, as it does not allow room for the tuning of individual drivers.

And as nice as they are, crossovers are not designed for this purpose. They are simple bandpass filters designed for smoother driver separation and coherency, not the tuning of very specific frequencies.

This issue becomes more and more amplified as you add more and more drivers. 3, 4, 5, 6 etc BAs per side; and now 10 with the CCA C20. All undampened and just dumping their output into the final mix.

Most likely, it’s one single BA that is the offender in the 2.5-3.2k area.

The solution is simple: identify that driver and dampen it properly.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #154 of 1,701
This is why KZ (and almost all of the budget IEM manufactures) are shooting themselves in the foot by not using BA tuning filters.

Just having loads of BA drivers with open nozzles just shooting wide open into the output nozzle (and in many cases directly below the nozzle mesh) is a bad idea, as it does not allow room for the tuning of individual drivers.

And as nice as they are, crossovers are not designed for this purpose. They are simple bandpass filters designed for smoother driver separation and coherency, not the tuning of very specific frequencies.

This issue becomes more and more amplified as you add more and more drivers. 3, 4, 5, 6 etc BAs per side; and now 10 with the CCA C20. All undampened and just dumping their output into the final mix.

Most likely, it’s one single BA that is the offender in the 2.5-3.2k area.

The solution is simple: identify that driver and dampen it properly.

Yeah its true, great idea on they should filter BA that in charge of high mids area. If only they have idea like this..
But right now im living with equalizer since i know which frequency i need to tame down or bring up.

Mar 23, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #155 of 1,701
Here the latest dampening material from the Health store to be tested: German-made textile tape.
IMG_7258.JPG

Apr 3, 2019 at 10:28 AM Post #156 of 1,701
@Nymphonomaniac posted this in the Chinese under $100 discovery thread:

"BY THE WAY! (as slater suggest) BQEYZ will lauch 2 other iem soon.

I dont know if i have the right to talk about it as its still in pre-production, especially the TOTL model that i'm utterly intrigue about.

First model is a 1DD+2BA with upgraded driver, wich will be a change from all what BQEYZ already do as the soundsignature was quite similar with all there models (supposedly).

SECOND TOTL one will be.......a PLANAR earphones at a very competitive price, between 100-150!!!! It make 6 months they work on it, but they still aren't ready to lauch it yet. One thing sure, they are very serious sound engineer and not in a hurry to put unfinished product on market. As soon as I have more info or pics about these 2 new iem, I will share it here.
"

Very interesting "news"

Apr 12, 2019 at 8:50 AM Post #159 of 1,701
KC2 is a bit more neutral than the W shape of the BQ3. Both are good but very different signatures so hard to compare in that respect.

Apr 19, 2019 at 6:16 AM Post #161 of 1,701

just read that. great review. Amazing KB100 right? I still prefer this to CCA C10 actually. same mid bass bleeds, but KB100 mid bass still on good control. And great mids. Iove mids.
About comparison with T2, T2 sounds a little bit brighter and more forward in high mids, treble got more sparkles in T2, but T2 lacks that quantity of the bass section. Both are great, but i often pick up my KB100 rather than T2

Apr 19, 2019 at 8:10 AM Post #162 of 1,701
just read that. great review. Amazing KB100 right? I still prefer this to CCA C10 actually. same mid bass bleeds, but KB100 mid bass still on good control. And great mids. Iove mids.
About comparison with T2, T2 sounds a little bit brighter and more forward in high mids, treble got more sparkles in T2, but T2 lacks that quantity of the bass section. Both are great, but i often pick up my KB100 rather than T2

Good to know. Just got the C10 in so I might update the comparison section with info on the C10 (and BQ3 as well).

I also need to add a photo of the eartips I mentioned in the review because they were instrumental in delivering the KB100's low end (which sounds like it could be a determining factor for some so it needs to be in there). I was surprised at how controlled the bass was in my testing. I like it. A lot.

The KB100 is definitely a keeper.

Glad you enjoyed the review.

Apr 29, 2019 at 11:03 AM Post #163 of 1,701
Hey guys, has a comparison between the kc2 and the kb100 been made already? Is the kb100? I see it's only sold by penon audio, why don't other sellers have it?

Apr 29, 2019 at 12:40 PM Post #164 of 1,701
Hey guys, has a comparison between the kc2 and the kb100 been made already? Is the kb100? I see it's only sold by penon audio, why don't other sellers have it?
The KB100 is a special edition made exclusively for Penon Audio, so no other seller is going to be able to sell it (at least not officially).

Apr 30, 2019 at 10:47 AM Post #165 of 1,701
Hi, looking for a balanced closer to neutral pair of earbuds to upgrade from **** and C10, heard great things about BQEYZ. What would the community recommend? KC2, KB100 or BQ3? I'm actually torn between the three thus, asking for an opinion. Listen to a variety of genres thus preference for neutral/balanced pairs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back