BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Mar 2, 2019 at 10:26 PM Post #121 of 1,701
I own Bqeyz KC2 and I am quite happy with this pair but i am looking for an upgrade that is worthy to kc2. I've tried tin t2 but I didn't like it as much as KC2, for me t2 is sounding unnatural compared to kc2. Do you guys have any kind of recommendation as upgrade?

will be a quite a jump upgrade from there. I believe BQEYZ is 1 of the best until $100 tier. if you want an upgrade you might have to go to above $100 or even above $200. Depends on your preferred sound signature. Moondrop Kanas Pro, ibasso IT01s, Tanchjim Oxygen..

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:41 AM Post #122 of 1,701
will be a quite a jump upgrade from there. I believe BQEYZ is 1 of the best until $100 tier. if you want an upgrade you might have to go to above $100 or even above $200. Depends on your preferred sound signature. Moondrop Kanas Pro, ibasso IT01s, Tanchjim Oxygen..
Well yea.. I am thinking of it01 but one friend of mine said that its sound signature is not similar to KC2, even if it01 is way better than kc2 in every aspect. He is also KC2 lover and he didn't recommend it01. Still I want to try them. Kanas looks really good but its really expensive...

Mar 3, 2019 at 8:45 PM Post #123 of 1,701
Well yea.. I am thinking of it01 but one friend of mine said that its sound signature is not similar to KC2, even if it01 is way better than kc2 in every aspect. He is also KC2 lover and he didn't recommend it01. Still I want to try them. Kanas looks really good but its really expensive...

I was talking about IT01s with an s, not regular IT01, its less v shaped compared to IT01, and better in almost every aspect. but yeah quite expensive since its on par with Kanas Pro price range. Just save your money i think, you can buy Kanas Pro later on rather than spend to something that in the end cant satisfy you enough. Hard to beat your KC2 with other iem under $100

Mar 4, 2019 at 6:25 AM Post #124 of 1,701
I was talking about IT01s with an s, not regular IT01, its less v shaped compared to IT01, and better in almost every aspect. but yeah quite expensive since its on par with Kanas Pro price range. Just save your money i think, you can buy Kanas Pro later on rather than spend to something that in the end cant satisfy you enough. Hard to beat your KC2 with other iem under $100
Yeah, I am happy to see that I am not only one adores KC2 :) Thanks for replies.

Mar 4, 2019 at 7:49 AM Post #125 of 1,701
Yeah, I am happy to see that I am not only one adores KC2 :) Thanks for replies.

A lot of people really dont believe that BQEYZ really special budget iem until they have one. they are a mild step ahead their competitors. more mature sound and smooth. not typical peaky chifi

Mar 4, 2019 at 9:25 AM Post #127 of 1,701
A lot of people really dont believe that BQEYZ really special budget iem until they have one. they are a mild step ahead their competitors. more mature sound and smooth. not typical peaky chifi
well said. kz, trn, bosshifi and tin audio do certain things better, but bqeyz trumps them in terms of refinement and coherence.

Mar 19, 2019 at 9:54 PM Post #128 of 1,701
I ordered the KZ ZS7 recently and also own and love the KZ AS10. All my other KZ models are passable. My KZ ZSN hurts my ears after a short while. Treble spike?

What's the Top 3 BQEYZ's a KZ fan should start with?

Mar 19, 2019 at 10:51 PM Post #129 of 1,701
I ordered the KZ ZS7 recently and also own and love the KZ AS10. All my other KZ models are passable. My KZ ZSN hurts my ears after a short while. Treble spike?

What's the Top 3 BQEYZ's a KZ fan should start with?

KZN peak at 2.5khz along with many KZ models and typical chifi. But none with BQEYZ really. IF you like AS10, i guess you like a bit mid forward, try KB100, its balanced with forwarded mids, soundstage and imaging is crazy above their average competitor. trebles is relax.
KC2 also a balance one, but a bit more aggressive and not so boosted mids. and BQ3 is their flagship right now with more drivers but of course not cheap.

But IMHO, BQEYZ made their iem almost at same class, just with different tuning for different people, i mean if you already have 1 that suits you, no point to get another BQEYZ, not much upgrade in sound.

Im looking forward to their new model that on the making.

Mar 19, 2019 at 11:34 PM Post #130 of 1,701
My KZ ZSN hurts my ears after a short while. Treble spike?

3 kHz Chifi peak! I run when I see it.

P.S. This graph is from my "annotated graphs" page on a blog I am not allowed to link to from within a post - yet.

k52iGwGl.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #132 of 1,701
Last edited:
Mar 20, 2019 at 6:14 AM Post #133 of 1,701
Confucius always say “man who add red nylon filter, 3k spike knock down.”

or Einstein said, my greatest invention is EQ not anything else..

Mar 20, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #135 of 1,701
Yea I will never understand the reluctance to use EQ by audiophiles.

But they go batcrap crazy over 53 different interchangeable nozzles that change the frequency by +1, +2, or +3 db. LOL
whether it's the inconvenience of changing settings for different iems (or just plain laziness) i don't like eq either-- i don't really like hassling with filter systems either and prefer just to plug and play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back