BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Dec 22, 2022 at 5:48 AM Post #1,682 of 1,701
Feb 1, 2023 at 1:14 AM Post #1,686 of 1,701
What are your favorite aftermarket eartips for BQEYZ earphone's? (It's a costly path to search on.)

Please note BQEYZ model and eartip brand/eartip.
I'm using JVC Spiral dots and Symbio W for my Winter.

Apr 14, 2023 at 10:34 AM Post #1,687 of 1,701
I wish there are more impression on the Winter so I am not talking to myself here,lol. I have to apologize about posting my impression on the Winter a little too early cause I think it's an insane set now. As I said tip rolling is required and if you are a cable believe, cable rolling is necessary! This beast scales limitlessly with better cables. I am testing this cable that I am not allowed to talk about it at the moment and the treble is the best I have ever heard. Bass and mid are also exceptionally good. I mean the treble is better than any EST implementations I have heard under USD3000 because I haven't heard too many IEMs more expensive than this price range. (well, YMMV, you know)

Unfortunately the stock cable is good but just not good enough for the Winter but honestly I don't care about the stock cable when buying IEMs. I actually hope they can stop coming with cheap or mediocre cables so I don't have to find place for them in my drawers.
Is it possible to know, now about that misterious cable?

Hi my name is Luca I jumped here from.. penon thread, and I own vortex and fan2, actually I sold fan2 and I'm seeking for something else, I listen a lot of classical music and the 1dd vortex now is the best, the hybrid seems not to be good on classical genres, so Im curios about winter and with their informative and spacious highs (better then est someone is saying... Is it possible), can you tell me more?

I have to roll different cable penon space isn S2 and other but not any jewellery cable so what can you tell me about winter and ... misterious cable?
Do they have midrange pushed so frontly? How they sound with symphonies ?

Thanks

Apr 14, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,688 of 1,701
Is it possible to know, now about that misterious cable?
It's the Effect Audio Ares S 8W. But I have acquired (and made) more great cables after that one.
Hi my name is Luca I jumped here from.. penon thread, and I own vortex and fan2, actually I sold fan2 and I'm seeking for something else, I listen a lot of classical music and the 1dd vortex now is the best, the hybrid seems not to be good on classical genres, so Im curios about winter and with their informative and spacious highs (better then est someone is saying... Is it possible), can you tell me more?
The Winter is quite detailed and I find the piezo to be very well implemented. It's much smoother and has a denser sound than BAs and carry much more resolution than EST. EST drivers, unlike BAs and piezo are just icing on the cake, they don't actually have any resolution but give a hint of sparkle and air and that's it.

Overall it's tuned to be very slightly nasal but apart from that it's very neutral. I am not sure what is good for classical as I find most of my IEMs suitable. If you like smooth and detailed highs I think you should really consider it but if you want really big immersive and dynamic bass I think there are better options especially those with square planar drivers.

Apr 14, 2023 at 8:01 PM Post #1,690 of 1,701
ests have more res than anything else by virtue of the fact the driver membrane is the lowest mass you can get
Have you ever heard the EST driver on its own? The max output of an EST is about 90 dB while the rest of the drivers in a multi driver setup have an output of about 110dB (100 times louder). Do you know how faint EST drivers sound exactly by virtue of the low membrane mass?
20230319_174018.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 7:49 PM Post #1,691 of 1,701
Oh no, 90db is so quiet.. nopers its not. You do realize you can tune around the spl difference right? Also, I didnt say anything about that. I said the drivers have the highest resolution by virtue of having low mass.

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2023 at 10:27 PM Post #1,692 of 1,701
Have you ever heard the EST driver on its own? The max output of an EST is about 90 dB while the rest of the drivers in a multi driver setup have an output of about 110dB (100 times louder). Do you know how faint EST drivers sound exactly by virtue of the low membrane mass?
20230319_174018.jpg
Sonion Electret?

Apr 18, 2023 at 1:01 AM Post #1,693 of 1,701
Sonion Electret?
Yes, that's the transformer of the Sonion EST65DB01 of the TRN BAX.

Just FYI, I listened to it with the rest of the drivers disconnected with my ears and to my understanding it can only work as a supportive driver due to its very low output which is the intended design of a super tweeter. Most people probably won't even notice the difference if there is a switch to switch it on and off in most implementations. It has a very low volume even I drive it at 100% high gain of my players. It may sound louder with a better impedance matching but I think my test served the purpose.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 6:49 AM Post #1,695 of 1,701
It's quite a revelation going through one's IEM collection. I have been discovering how good some older models can be. I fished out my Summer yesterday and connected it to my Hidizs AP80 Pro X via a 2.5mm balanced cable. It sounds superb. Amazing soundstage and a well balanced sound across the frequency range. Very extended bass without being basshead or too dominant. Piezo highs well controlled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back