BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 15, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #1,666 of 1,701
Nice! Which one is your favoruite? I only strated buying their cables and I have the Healer, Golden Bodhi Pro and Big Rice.
Salvation, Metaron

20221115_130504.jpg

Salvation, Michael
20221115_130840.jpg

Salvation, Uriel

20221115_131111.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #1,669 of 1,701
Nov 22, 2022 at 3:13 AM Post #1,670 of 1,701
After spending a week with the Winter, I would like to say I really want to like it as a fan but I think the Autumn is better. The Winter is a nice try but I think it's a bit unexciting. There is enough width but height is really lacking making it quite 2D sounding no matter how hard I tried with different tips and cables. It is also very tip sensitive so and you may find the treble lacking with a lot of your tips. IMO tips similar to the "reference" tips that come with the Winter work best. Also, while I think the BC unit actually works but I don't think sound is transferred through the shell but through the 3 holes on the surface of the shell facing the ear. I actually tried covering the nozzles to try to hear the BC sound but I couldn't hear anything from the shell so how it works is really hard to confirm.

Last edited:
Nov 24, 2022 at 4:11 AM Post #1,671 of 1,701
After spending a week with the Winter, I would like to say I really want to like it as a fan but I think the Autumn is better. The Winter is a nice try but I think it's a bit unexciting. There is enough width but height is really lacking making it quite 2D sounding no matter how hard I tried with different tips and cables. It is also very tip sensitive so and you may find the treble lacking with a lot of your tips. IMO tips similar to the "reference" tips that come with the Winter work best. Also, while I think the BC unit actually works but I don't think sound is transferred through the shell but through the 3 holes on the surface of the shell facing the ear. I actually tried covering the nozzles to try to hear the BC sound but I couldn't hear anything from the shell so how it works is really hard to confirm.
OK I think HS18 actually works better. It seems that the opening of the nozzle cannot be blocked at all so straight wide bore tips are recommended. I am able to get back the height with Fiio HS18 tips and EA Ares S cable.

Nov 24, 2022 at 6:51 AM Post #1,672 of 1,701
OK I think HS18 actually works better. It seems that the opening of the nozzle cannot be blocked at all so straight wide bore tips are recommended. I am able to get back the height with Fiio HS18 tips and EA Ares S cable.
I usually use widebore tips on most of my BQEYZ sets.

Nov 24, 2022 at 10:08 AM Post #1,673 of 1,701
I usually use widebore tips on most of my BQEYZ sets.
I use CP100+ on the Autumn.

I think the Winter is a bit tricky. Tips like CP360 provide best treble resolution but kill the stage. The Winter itself is tuned a bit mid forward and needs a cable like the stock one to balance it out with the slightly laid-back and thinner note weight character. The Ares S has moderate note weight and good extensions at both ends so it's a pretty good match IMHO. The Winter really has pretty smoother treble which can be a double sided blade due to the tip sensitivity. Other than this the background detail and overall detail, also the bass response (cable dependent thou) are all excellent.

Nov 24, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #1,674 of 1,701
I use CP100+ on the Autumn.

I think the Winter is a bit tricky. Tips like CP360 provide best treble resolution but kill the stage. The Winter itself is tuned a bit mid forward and needs a cable like the stock one to balance it out with the slightly laid-back and thinner note weight character. The Ares S has moderate note weight and good extensions at both ends so it's a pretty good match IMHO. The Winter really has pretty smoother treble which can be a double sided blade due to the tip sensitivity. Other than this the background detail and overall detail, also the bass response (cable dependent thou) are all excellent.
Thats why I don't use spinfits as it really narrows down the staging and I'm not a fan of narrow, congested sounding.

Nov 29, 2022 at 5:20 AM Post #1,676 of 1,701
I wish there are more impression on the Winter so I am not talking to myself here,lol. I have to apologize about posting my impression on the Winter a little too early cause I think it's an insane set now. As I said tip rolling is required and if you are a cable believe, cable rolling is necessary! This beast scales limitlessly with better cables. I am testing this cable that I am not allowed to talk about it at the moment and the treble is the best I have ever heard. Bass and mid are also exceptionally good. I mean the treble is better than any EST implementations I have heard under USD3000 because I haven't heard too many IEMs more expensive than this price range. (well, YMMV, you know)

Unfortunately the stock cable is good but just not good enough for the Winter but honestly I don't care about the stock cable when buying IEMs. I actually hope they can stop coming with cheap or mediocre cables so I don't have to find place for them in my drawers.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 5:32 AM Post #1,677 of 1,701
I wish there are more impression on the Winter so I am not talking to myself here,lol. I have to apologize about posting my impression on the Winter a little too early cause I think it's an insane set now. As I said tip rolling is required and if you are a cable believe, cable rolling is necessary! This beast scales limitlessly with better cables. I am testing this cable that I am not allowed to talk about it at the moment and the treble is the best I have ever heard. Bass and mid are also exceptionally good. I mean the treble is better than any EST implementations I have heard under USD3000. (well, YMMV, you know)

Unfortunately the stock cable is good but just not good enough for the Winter but honestly I don't care about the stock cable when buying IEMs. I actually hope they can stop coming with cheap or mediocre cables so I don't have to find place for them in my drawers.

I picked up a couple of Tianderinhe IEMs without cables and preferred paying a little less. I have a few spare cables I've picked up in sales. Hell, even original cables I have upgraded from will still work in a pinch! :L3000:

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 7:41 AM Post #1,678 of 1,701
I picked up a couple of Tianderinhe IEMs without cables and preferred paying a little less. I have a few spare cables I've picked up in sales. Hell, even original cables I have upgraded from will still work in a pinch! :L3000:
Yea I think the reason for some IEMs that cables are included is that first of all they want to make profit from the bundled price and secondly they want to show you or make sure these IEMs sound properly OOTB as for some companies like BQEYZ it is part of the tuning process. I have been asking sellers or the makers not to include the the cable, actually TRN once agreeed but only gave me about USD3.0 discount, lol. It's inevitable when you have too many IEMs you will also end up having too many unused cables.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2022 at 11:22 AM Post #1,679 of 1,701
Exactly what I did when I bought my Tiandirenhe IEMs. If only other manufacturers would sell IEMs and cables as separates.

Dec 20, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #1,680 of 1,701
IMG_20221220_125659.jpg

Something wow.

I don't want to sound too emotional, but the treble is great!
Linear, fast and airly, a bit sounds like a planar.

Use a NiceHCK cable and Audiosense s400 tips.

Winter is Autumn+ airly 3d trebles. Bass a bit better, mids a more effective and clean. Still in impression...

Now im understanding a IMR fans haha

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back