BQEYZ in-ear monitors Impressions Thread
Nov 14, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #1,652 of 1,701
Yes the reason that I feel a little upset about it is not the delay but they asked me to use a more economical shipping method to send it back at the cost of my own time.
Maybe its a mistake of their staff, I just received another Winter in silver colour.

Nov 14, 2022 at 10:39 PM Post #1,654 of 1,701
Well gotta appreaciate the speed of speed post. I expressed my difficulty of sending the Autumn back and Ms Zhou told me I could keep it. No, I am a nice person and I am sending it back. :wink:
20221115_113355.jpg
20221115_112800.jpg
20221115_112700.jpg
20221115_112808.jpg

My first impression is it's quite a bit darker or mid-centric with my beloved 8 core 22awg Hakugei Healer cable than I expected and I am not sure yet if I can hear the BC unit. Maybe it really needs a lot of burn-in? Swapped to a brighter cable and the sound opened up but the stage is still on the small side and still a bit mid-centric.
The shells are big but light and I think they fit me ok, just not sure how much of a seal is required to get the most out of the BC.

Edit: The graphs of Winter is measured without the ear mold so the FR of the BC unit is not reflected below.
And the graphs:
BQEYZ Winter.PNG
vs the Autumn with normal filter:
BQEYZ Winter vs Autumn Normal.PNG
Look quite similar but quite different sounding.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 10:56 PM Post #1,655 of 1,701
Well gotta appreaciate the speed of speed post. I expressed my difficulty of sending the Autumn back and Ms Zhou told me I could keep it. No, I am a nice person and I am sending it back. :wink:
20221115_113355.jpg
20221115_112800.jpg
20221115_112700.jpg
20221115_112808.jpg

My first impression is it's quite a bit darker or mid-centric than I expected and I am not sure yet if I can hear the BC unit. Maybe it really needs a lot of burn-in?
The shells are big but light and I think they fit me ok, just not sure how much of a seal is required to get the most out of the BC.

And the graphs:
BQEYZ Winter.PNG
Good to hear it was solved. And I'm kind of relieved to see the graph comparison. Official graph scared me a little.

Nov 14, 2022 at 10:58 PM Post #1,656 of 1,701
20221115_113355.jpg
20221115_112800.jpg
20221115_112700.jpg
20221115_112808.jpg

My first impression is it's quite a bit darker or mid-centric than I expected and I am not sure yet if I can hear the BC unit. Maybe it really needs a lot of burn-in?

And the graphs:
BQEYZ Winter.PNG
Bone Conductor seems working on sub bass to more natural treble air register and technical aspects like separation and layering.

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:02 PM Post #1,657 of 1,701
Are yours review units or just got them with a discount for a review? Will you have to return them after?
Discounted, mate. review unit will be pass to the participants in review tour.

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:05 PM Post #1,658 of 1,701
Bone Conductor seems working on sub bass to more natural treble air register and technical aspects like separation and layering.
I am not sure, I hear vocal to be a bit forward (actually everything is quite forward sounding to me compared to my other sets, it sounds like the mids have a little too much note weight to me now) and not much air at the moment. Haven't really tried the stock cable as I am sure it's not going to sound like what it is supposed to sound without burn-in. Looking forward to the after-burn-in sound of both the cable and the Winter. Also, bass is pretty strong on a bassy track but not much sub.

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:08 PM Post #1,660 of 1,701

My first impression is it's quite a bit darker or mid-centric with my beloved 8 core 22awg Hakugei Healer cable than I expected and I am not sure yet if I can hear the BC unit. Maybe it really needs a lot of burn-in? Swapped to a brighter cable and the sound opened up but the stage is still on the small side and still a bit mid-centric.

And the graphs:

I just compared the Winter with other TOTLs like EE Legend Evo, Unique Melody IEMs like Fushang and Mest MKII and Noble Khan. Winter has more closer characteristics with Mest MKII and Fushang respectively albeit the later TOTL has better resolution.

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:12 PM Post #1,661 of 1,701
I just compared the Winter with other TOTLs like EE Legend Evo, Unique Melody IEMs like Fushang and Mest MKII and Noble Khan. Winter has more closer characteristics with Mest MKII and Fushang respectively albeit the later TOTL has better resolution.
You got some really good stuffs there.

OK, I just tried the stock cable, I think it synergizes better with the Winter than my own cables but less detailed, the sound is futher away now but still not a lot of air. I think the BC is there to thicken the note weight of the mid-high frequencies and the crispness is removed at the same time.

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #1,662 of 1,701

OK, I just tried the stock cable, I think it synergizes better with the Winter than my own cables but less detailed, the sound is futher away now but still not a lot of air. I think the BC is there to thicken the note weight of the mid-high frequencies and the crispness is removed at the same time.
I got some Hakugei cables here too. Luna, Bifrost, Soul and Salvation

Nov 14, 2022 at 11:31 PM Post #1,663 of 1,701

Its just happen that Ive tested them in major Hi-fi show a few days ago.20221113_110054.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back