Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Jan 5, 2022 at 2:35 PM Post #1,786 of 2,191
I know this is mega old. But I wanted to pop in and mention that a lot of the comments in here helped me purchase my set of Px7s. WHile I LOVED them... key word... LOVED. They were not durable enough for simple daily use. The sound rendition of them is near identical to most of their bookshelf speakers that I have listened to. But the fact that the A arms that swivels the cups crack and break was a killer for me. Luckily the repaired them, but to be down a few weeks at a time was a bummer. I am going to try the carbon as I assume it HAS to be more durable....
1. ALL Px7, regardless of color scheme, have carbon composite arms.
2. I reckon mine would survive being backed over by the car. How did you break em?
3. Steer clear of Sonys, Bose and the like, sounds like they would last less than a day for you.

Jan 13, 2022 at 8:04 AM Post #1,790 of 2,191
I really hope B&W releases an updated model this year.

I really liked the button quality and how it turned on/off when you took the headphones on/off (wish more OEMs had this feature)!

Jan 13, 2022 at 8:16 AM Post #1,791 of 2,191
I see, presuming 1.2 should be (in their opinion) the crème-de-resistance as the best firmware for the Carbon Edition aka their Anniversary Release.
I’m sure the they know their stuffs given their track record in Hifi Industry.

Jan 13, 2022 at 8:40 AM Post #1,792 of 2,191
I really hope B&W releases an updated model this year.

I really liked the button quality and how it turned on/off when you took the headphones on/off (wish more OEMs had this feature)!
As much as I love my PX7s, the buttons are my least favourite part. Compared to the PX or P7(w) the build quality is a clear step down.
Still, this is by far the best in terms of fit and features. As for sound they are great but sometimes not as great as the P7w…

Jan 19, 2022 at 4:14 AM Post #1,793 of 2,191
It is problematic absolutely, without a company admitting they have adjusted the eq. It will only ever be hearsay.
I can assure you the sound from 1.1 to 1.2 is very different. The recessed vocals and less attack of drums on 1.1 was so evident. When my firmware changed, i have not had a recessed vocal since, and drum attacks on songs i critically listened to multiple times(the white stripes)and was gutted at the lack of attack, with the update, the drum attack is right there. I critically listenwd to the headphones when i first got them, many tracks and passages of tracks over and over, becasue i was either amazed or disappointed. When the formware updated i could go back to these tracks and passages, and easily hear they were very different.
I dont find myself wanting to listen to the ypdated headphones as much any more, they just arent as fun.
Just release a proper EQ bowers, youre cheapening yoursleves by not. These headphones are so capable, but peopel withbthe carbon 1.2 will never know exactly how capable.
OMG I thought it was my imagination but I have been disappointed with the vocals on my PX7s, maybe I need to check the firmware. I really notice dit when listening to a concert recording and th8e crowd singing along that I know is there from listening before was barely audible.

Jan 19, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #1,794 of 2,191
I am also wondering if these things are not as good over AAC?

Plenty of ancedotal evidence out there for example sayingn that android phones are not as good over AAC as say an iPhone I am wondering if the reverse could also be true for headphones? I find that the PX7s sound a little muddy on my iPhone compared to my Pixel or Samsung (APTX-HD and APTX). I know that AAC lacks the bandwidth of APTX or HD but I think in the real world it is almost impossible to notice and the drop off I am experiencing is noticeable.

It is odd, I have the PX7s and Bose NC700s. On an iPhone I prefer the Bose but on android they do not sound as good and the PX7s sound better.

Feb 1, 2022 at 1:50 AM Post #1,796 of 2,191
Does anyone have experience sometime the left cup produce no sound? By lifting the left ear cup off the left ear multiple times will regain the sound from left ear cup. Is the sensor to be behave like that?

Feb 1, 2022 at 2:00 AM Post #1,798 of 2,191
That’s great to hear, it’s certainly due. Has it been mentioned online anywhere?
WhatHiFi seems to know something
https://www.whathifi.com/news/bowers-and-wilkins-px7-s2-headphones-pictured-on-aptx-website

However, the aptx site has hidden the information already, the page is currently in "access denied" state :)
https://aptx.com/products/bowers-wilkins-px7-s2

German query states that S2 would have new design and support aptX Adaptive
https://tech-blogs.de/2022/01/31/le...ertifizierung-und-neuem-design-596902-0-html/

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #1,799 of 2,191
Feb 1, 2022 at 2:06 AM Post #1,800 of 2,191
Bit surprised the whathifi article mentions ‘equaliser adjustment’ but then says there’s nothing out of the ordinary on the specs. If there’s EQ through the app it’s a pretty big deal for B&W, since they’ve always resisted this despite the call for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back