Bowers & Wilkins PX7 noise-cancelling over ear headphones
Oct 2, 2019 at 9:56 PM Post #47 of 2,191
Well all, I folded and ordered the PX7’s from Amazon proper. I hope to God Amazon is an authorized dealer. Put my PX up for sale on Amazon. I took a leap of faith here. I hope I don’t regret it. Next up is an off topic. I want to order the Fujifilm’s controversial X-Pro 3 camera. Pray for me :wink:

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 10:05 PM Post #48 of 2,191
Strangely the B&W sales person told me that the battery once die off cant be replaced, but they offer some product discount if we bring it back and buy a new set

That seems ready for a class action lawsuit. A sales person, not B&W company rep. themselves? I think I wonder about the validity of the sales person’s statement. Not yours of course. You heard what you heard.

Last edited:
Oct 2, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #49 of 2,191
That seems ready for a class action lawsuit. A sales person, not B&W company rep. themselves? I think I wonder about the validity of the sales person’s statement. Not yours of course. You heard what you heard.

they could be dealer giving discount so maybe that discount is only within here. They operate using Bowers & Wilkins name in a big mall here.

Oct 3, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #50 of 2,191
as my headphones broke this week, Im after a new pair, preferably one of the available/soon available ANC over-ear models. You recon the PX7 will be worth waiting for compared to the available Bose 700 and Momentum 3?

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:26 AM Post #51 of 2,191
I listened to the 700 and wasn’t impressed, also don’t like the idea that you need to register name and email for the Bose app to work.

considered the Momentum 3 coming from the PXC550 for 2 years, like the real leather cups but worries about the exposed cables.

when I read about the PX7 last week I was sold.
Heard the PX when it came out and liked the sound but already bought the PXC550.
Nicer stylish finish, bigger cups than the PX, bigger drivers (43mm), cables no longer exposed.
Longer battery than Momentum 3 etc.

Oct 3, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #52 of 2,191
Waiting on a real review of the PX7's. The one guy that did the comparison video to the Bose 700s said the B&W's were "slightly" better sound quality which is insane. I love my Bose QC35s but the sound quality isn't in the same time zone as my B&W P7s.

Around the 3:00 - 3:10 mark. Almost fell out of my chair.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #57 of 2,191
These are really interesting, i'm debating between these and the new Momentum 3, both of them got a feature im after which is pretty rare... Low latency codec, the PX7 got the newer APTX Adaptive.

The problem is I can't find any Bluetooth USB adapter with APTX adaptive :/

I really like the fact that the sound priority seems to be first over ANC, unlike the Bose/Sony's.

Check this

$99 Qudelix-5K with aptX Adaptive

https://www.qudelix.com/5k-dacamp

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-qudelix-5k-thread.914628/

Oct 4, 2019 at 8:10 PM Post #59 of 2,191
My PX7s shipped from Crutchfield but won't get here in time for my Monday transcontinental flight. Will post my impressions when I get back. It's been a while since I've owned the PX but hopefuly these are a solid improvement.

Oct 4, 2019 at 8:28 PM Post #60 of 2,191

Users who are viewing this thread

Back